PDA

View Full Version : Folding mirrors.

Nick Mann
19-08-2010, 10:18 PM
A while ago, I dismantled a 2000 (W) V6 sport. It had electric mirrors, but they weren't folding ones.

I gave the drivers mirror to friends that had suffered a clipped and broken mirror, which they fitted to their VR4. They said it didn't matter that it wouldn't fold. Only it did?!!!

I have now fitted the door from the Sport on to my VR4. So I now have my original mirror on the Sport door. Now my mirror doesn't fold!!

So, presumably, the non-folding issue was a lack of switch on the V6's dash and a small difference in the door loom? Anyone know this for sure? No sure I can be ar$ed swapping the door loom to prove it!

funkstardelux
20-08-2010, 12:32 AM
not sure, but what you said seems to makes sense abit like when i swapped my non heated for heated and had to change the looms
also means uk cars have folding heated mirrors :)
time to raid breakers

Atik
20-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Sounds very plausible Nick. Most likely it would be a single wire in the loom that would enable the folding. If you traced the wiring back, I am sure you could do a small 'bodge' to get it working again (provided its easier than changing the door's wiring loom).

GalantOnly
20-08-2010, 11:23 AM
The wires for folding mirrors is sky blue and brown-black. If there is no such colours in the mirror connectors, the door loom is non folding...