PDA

View Full Version : AYC lights-help me plz

nz_vr4_nz
02-09-2004, 02:04 AM
any advice with what could be happening? anyone else experienced this?
My AYC lights are coming on 1bar(light) when I turn the steering wheel left or right(when traveling slow or normal speeds)...
Is this serious?
Its only just started happening....
Im wondering if its got anything to do with the neons I installed under the dash the day before...

plz help

KiwiTT
02-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Im wondering if its got anything to do with the neons I installed under the dash the day before...

plz help

Probably ... Best Check with an Auto-Electrician.

If you get a RED Light on the right side saying AYC, then you would have a real problem.

-LegnumVR4-
02-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Er.... the first AYC can light up without too much effort. All its doing is telling u that the AYC is working and how hard, 1 the least and 3 the most, nothing to worry about. If a red AYC symbol shows up on the dash then u have a problem.

Rhys

enigma
02-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Check your tyre pressures, I have had this before with a 10psi rear tyre!

nz_vr4_nz
02-09-2004, 08:42 PM
one light bar comes on when I turn the steering wheel, the whole lot come on when I do a u-turn, and it will happen when Im only goin 5 km/hr. when more than one light lights up there is a grinding noise coming from the back...

Im freaking out,......

-LegnumVR4-
02-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Something isn't right there mate. Could check the fluid level in the bottle in the back of the boot. It's in the right side behined one of the removable panels. See if that is at the level correct level of max on the dipstick. If no then top it up with Dexron III fluid. If the level is ok then i would take it to the dealer to get them to check the AYC system out.

Rhys

Nick Mann
02-09-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm with BDA. Check all your tyre pressures before you panic! One slightly different rolling circumference messes the whole thing up. Put your space saver on and watch!

Hopefully it is nothing too bad.

nz_vr4_nz
07-09-2004, 03:04 AM
what are the correct tyre pressure for the tyres??
I get the car ack from mechanic today...let ya all know the damage to the pocket.

KiwiTT
07-09-2004, 03:28 AM
My 225/45 R17's are

36 Front / 34 Rear - Urban Driving
34 Front / 32 Rear - Highway Driving