PDA

View Full Version : Some inner CV boot help please

JTG
21-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi, once I find the correct nut to fit my lower arm, I am taking the car to have the inner CV boot replaced on Monday as this has split. Unfortunately it's 'special order' at Mitsi and can take up to 15 days to arrive and that's no good to me at all and I don't trust Camskill to get it to me in good time as I believe they will just order it from Mitsi. Wilco have said if I take the old one in that they can match it to a universal one for me, which is fine but I won't really have any way of getting it to them. So does anyone have any idea at all what sort of dimensions it is so I can order one which will do the job for me?

Thanks

Nick Mann
21-08-2010, 08:29 PM
The inner one has shape to it, so a universal one will be at best an uncomfortable fit.

Try phoning Camskill - they often stock these things themselves.

Ralliart1
22-08-2010, 12:27 PM
If you cut the shaped part from your old one and put the universal over it will do the job.
See here:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48641
post #4

JTG
22-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up Csaba, I may have to give that a try.

Will update tomorrow, still need to find a screw to fit the suspension arm before I have to drive to the airport on Tuesday morning.

666damned
22-08-2010, 11:23 PM
save yourself some grief and get a genuine Mitsi kit..they only cost just over £30

JTG
23-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Would be nice to be able to, but as I say I can't wait 15 days for one. I need it tomorrow. So will probably go with that temporary solution then if need be replace it with a proper one when I get back from my holiday. I can't drive it any real distance as it is as the CV boot is split.