View Full Version : FS: 1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4

Harlet
21-08-2010, 11:09 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=312327101

S=R on this.

$3000 starting.

bradc
21-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Just some history on the car, it is a COTY that originally had black leather from the factory but someone converted the whole car to tan leather!

fuel
22-08-2010, 07:38 AM
what distinguishes COTY cars apart from the rest Brad?

*edit* never mind, I see the wheels and what appear to be badges on the D pillars.

fuel
22-08-2010, 07:39 AM
also good work on the auction listing, but I reckon you should make it a $1res auction to attract all the interest. I sold this Legnum with higher kms and cloth interior for $3370 on $1res, yours should fetch $3500 at least - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=301797551

bradc
22-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Look for my post

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45550&highlight=super+coty+type

Harlet
23-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Thanks guys, will keep the listing as is for now see what happens.

VR4WGN
23-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Good luck there,you know turners would fetch you 4k for it?? i sold the auto 1 for $4400..i wish id taken the whiter 1 to them so i dont have to deal with tyre kickers wanting joyrides or swaps for their this or thats!!!!!!!!!
Fuel that was a good price for a high kms legnum.. i reckon ill fetch the same for the white 1 tho...(hopefully)

Harlet
23-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Good luck there,you know turners would fetch you 4k for it?? i sold the auto 1 for $4400..i wish id taken the whiter 1 to them so i dont have to deal with tyre kickers wanting joyrides or swaps for their this or thats!!!!!!!!!
Fuel that was a good price for a high kms legnum.. i reckon ill fetch the same for the white 1 tho...(hopefully)

Hmm what did they charge you for selling through them?

fuel
25-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Look for my post

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45550&highlight=super+coty+type

I'm not a paid member. I think it sucks that most the useful information is restricted.

mattnz
25-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Probably wouldn't get too many members if it was only useless information. It's like $20, pays for itself over and over. Also a lot better than having ads everywhere.

VR4WGN
25-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm not a paid member. I think it sucks that most the useful information is restricted.

:unbeleeva you sold a vr4 but your only a usr still?? spare a fe $$ lol

bradc
25-08-2010, 07:45 PM
My bad, try this one http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49041&highlight=super+coty+type

fuel
25-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Don't get me wrong I enjoy coming here but of the literally dozens of forums I am on, this is the ONLY one where you are essentially 'persuaded' to pay a fee in order to retrieve information. I don't want to sound like a scrooge here but as I don't own an 8G VR-4 (anymore), and as this forum seems to be cater towards the 8G more, I just feel it's totally not worth it for me to become a paid member.

I moderate and am on the committee of one of NZ's largest automotive forums, there is no paid memberships or anything - we get by on donations and the left over profit from regular track-days and events we run to pay for our hosting and other associated costs. We actually used to have a separate section for members who were long standing or who we thought were GC's, in order to try prevent the retards/newbies from spamming up our threads - but all it really did was create a bit of elitism, and it was actually tearing the club apart from the inside.

We basically wanted all our info available to anyone - so anyone who was searching the internet for a specific problem could see the posts, and if they liked what they saw or if they wanted to add their valuable information they could - I feel here you wouldn't get the same result.

*edit* those who know me, particularly on other forums know that I generally have a lot of input specifically in technical sections. The main reason why I don't offer my input here, is simply because I'm restricted from doing so - it's just far easier for me to offer advice where I don't have to pay for the privilege of doing so.

That's just my two cents - I'm not having a dig, I'm just voicing my opinion why I do not wish to become a paid member at this time. Sorry Harlet for spamming up your post.

-Phil

Harlet
25-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Don't get me wrong I enjoy coming here but of the literally dozens of forums I am on, this is the ONLY one where you are essentially 'persuaded' to pay a fee in order to retrieve information. I don't want to sound like a scrooge here but as I don't own an 8G VR-4 (anymore), and as this forum seems to be cater towards the 8G more, I just feel it's totally not worth it for me to become a paid member.

I moderate and am on the committee of one of NZ's largest automotive forums, there is no paid memberships or anything - we get by on donations and the left over profit from regular track-days and events we run to pay for our hosting and other associated costs. We actually used to have a separate section for members who were long standing or who we thought were GC's, in order to try prevent the retards/newbies from spamming up our threads - but all it really did was create a bit of elitism, and it was actually tearing the club apart from the inside.

We basically wanted all our info available to anyone - so anyone who was searching the internet for a specific problem could see the posts, and if they liked what they saw or if they wanted to add their valuable information they could - I feel here you wouldn't get the same result.

*edit* those who know me, particularly on other forums know that I generally have a lot of input specifically in technical sections. The main reason why I don't offer my input here, is simply because I'm restricted from doing so - it's just far easier for me to offer advice where I don't have to pay for the privilege of doing so.

That's just my two cents - I'm not having a dig, I'm just voicing my opinion why I do not wish to become a paid member at this time. Sorry Harlet for spamming up your post.

-Phil

Amen Fuel, well put. One of the first things I noticed when I joined this forum, and like you I belong to a few. Had to source my info from elsewhere when I first got the car as it was my first mitsi after owning toyota's for many years.

Thanks guys for letting me know the interior had been changed, shame it isn't still the black as I prefer that, but oh well, my new car has nice black recaros all round so I'm happy:)

bradc
25-08-2010, 11:56 PM
If you ask questions in here thatare valid and aren't stupid thing like will brembos fit or what boost can I run, then they tend to get answered by people like Nick Mann and myself.

If someone is asking a valid question I will always answer it to the best of my ability. Or of course I can be pm'd and often spend quite some time writing an answer for people.

If you want a free forum for vr4's you should go to ozvr4

dickytim
26-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Club VR4 charges a small fee for members to cover running costs of the forums and their dedicated servers.

In order to encourage members some information is kept in that section as well as other features not available to Joe Public.

The cost is low and most members are happy with it, it is just the way the club runs.

Some clubs rely on donations, and a lot of the time there is someone that forks out their own money to keep it running.

I was a paid member of Geekzone and they had special features and accesses for that money.

Kenneth
26-08-2010, 12:15 AM
A lot of people say that of all the forums they visit, (at least automotive ones) Club VR-4 is the nicest and most enjoyable for them. We really appreciate that sort of feedback and strive to keep Club VR-4 that way for the majority of members.

Club VR-4 is the way it is because of how it was built up and the way it is run. That includes the membership structure.

Perhaps if more people were willing to reach into their wallet and pay membership (or donate) then the membership would be considerably cheaper.

Thanks for your opinion, we do take what you say on board. Thank you also for taking the time to word it nicely and not have too much of a dig :)

fuel
26-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Guys I feel you're all taking this a bit the wrong way. As I outlined from the beginning I am not having a dig (much) at how the forum is run, and I certainly am not debating that it is a really good forum, which is why I keep coming back here.

I am simply saying, that for me personally, who doesn't own an 8G which this forum appears to specifically cater for, and given that for my 6G I'm pretty well covered in terms of galantvr4.org, nzmmc, msport, team4g the list goes on etc - that I don't see the need for me to become a fully paid member at this very point in time and I was explaining my reasoning behind my decision.

That's not to say that I wont become a fully paid member full stop - who knows in time to come I will have another 8G - but right now there just isn't much enticing me to join.

I just think you need to put yourself into the shoes of 'Joe Public', the very people above who don't see any of this extra information or extra features/benefits the paid members do. These are the people who are likely to have just bought their car and are after simple information, and when instructed they should be paid members, simply move on and find the information elsewhere. As Harlet said above, (s)he is an example of that. Perhaps if you're looking for the membership costs to reduce, you're going to have to have more reasons for registered users like me to pay up.

I guess I'm just a bitter old man because I paid for an NZMMC membership all those years ago, and as they catered for Evos and GSRs for people in Akl, Wellington and Chch lil ol' me with my Galant in Taumarunui/Hamilton had no reason whatsoever to join in the end.

Take from what guys what you will - I think I've said enough at the risk of making me sound like a tight pursed negative scrooge.

Cheers

mattnz
26-08-2010, 01:47 AM
I don't think anyone minds you in particular not paying up, as you quite often add to the value of the site with your knowledge.

What gets sort of annoying is people rolling up and asking question after question that is answered in the members' resources (and probably a million other threads for that matter) or having their first post as trying to sell their car, without really giving anything back. As soon as the question is answered/car is sold, they're never heard from until their next problem.

But yeah, there's not much (if anything) on models other than 8G for members, so I can see it not being a particularly good investment on your part.

dickytim
26-08-2010, 01:51 AM
I don't think anyone minds you in particular not paying up, as you quite often add to the value of the site with your knowledge.

What gets sort of annoying is people rolling up and asking question after question that is answered in the members' resources (and probably a million other threads for that matter) or having their first post as trying to sell their car, without really giving anything back. As soon as the question is answered/car is sold, they're never heard from until their next problem.

But yeah, there's not much (if anything) on models other than 8G for members, so I can see it not being a particularly good investment on your part.

well said, back on track.

$3,000 start is reasonable good luck with the sale.

fuel
26-08-2010, 02:16 AM
What gets sort of annoying is people rolling up and asking question after question that is answered in the members' resources (and probably a million other threads for that matter)

I really am not trying to further spam up Harlet's post (sorry Harlet!!), but above in my opinion is perfectly highlighting the problem - these newbie users don't know that their question is specifically answered in the members section, and if they aren't going to be able to find out the answer in the non-paid area then they are naturally going to start another thread to ask the exact same question, where no doubt someone will link them to a thread within the paid section which answers their question, but they can't see the answer cause they aren't a paid member. The chances of someone becoming a paid member just to get an answer for one or two questions is pretty slim.

I definitely agree with you that is definitely is frustrating that some of these people just don't give back to the community, but it's a fact of life when running forums and you'll always get it to some degree.

It's just my views that perhaps tech related articles, especially for all the frequently asked topics should be made a bit more public so it doesn't become an issue that newbies constantly ask the same question over and over again.

Anyway to try and redeem this post as not 100% spam I would like to say I can't believe no one has bid on the Legnum yet, $3000 is an oustanding price and if I were any closer I would grab it for myself.

ps, matt are you in Dunedin now? how is other matt and my old VX-R going, she panel/painted yet by chance?

-Phil

mattnz
26-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Lol, free bumps :)

VX-R was still going hard last I saw a couple of months ago, don't think the bodywork has had any love yet though, but I was extremely hung over at the time :P

And Harlet, you should put in the auction that it's got a tow-hook cover, pretty rare to find one with that still attached :P

Harlet
30-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Lol, free bumps :)

VX-R was still going hard last I saw a couple of months ago, don't think the bodywork has had any love yet though, but I was extremely hung over at the time :P

And Harlet, you should put in the auction that it's got a tow-hook cover, pretty rare to find one with that still attached :P

Tow hook cover??? where may that be when its home? Yep I'm a real noob with legnums and mitsi's in general. Really sad to see her up forsale so soon after buying it but sadly I can't afford to run it 100km's round trip a day:(

Had one person ring and ask to view but as seems to be the case down here they never turned up, and the same person ask if I wanted their tv and dvd player for it again...... sigh I miss Auckland.

If I was up there I would $1 reserve it but being so far down country it's simply not worth the risk.

mattnz
30-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Tow hook cover is the bit of plastic in the bottom middle of the bumper :)

Harlet
30-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Ahh ok, I always just thought it was some random mitsi design but now I see it serves a purpose. Thanks for that I learn't something today while sitting at work twiddling my thumbs:)

Harlet
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Bump, auction closed with no bid so heres the new one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=315523258

Harlet
10-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Sold

fuel
10-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Good work, get what you were wanting in the end?

Harlet
15-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Good work, get what you were wanting in the end?

Thanks, yeah got enough to clear 50% of my debts so I'm happy. That and its one less insurance premium, one less wof and one less rego to pay for :)