PDA

View Full Version : htc desire d/l problem

c0xxy
23-08-2010, 11:49 PM
heya,
dont suppose there is anyone on here that knows how to resolve my problem?
when i go to the market and download app, they just stay on starting download.
have searched the internet and only thing that comes up is change your gmail back to googlemail.
iv only got the phone today and my account is with googlemail.

any help much appreciated!

cheers

ash

chrisvr4
24-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Hi ash

Sounds like a network problem?

To enter the market you got to have a valid Google mail account.

Nown again if I download from the market I have to wait but eventually does dload.

Try turning your phone on/off.

Chris.

c0xxy
24-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Try turning your phone on/off.

tried that a few times, doesnt seem to help

ash

chrisvr4
24-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Don't know then sorry :(

Pugme
24-08-2010, 06:33 AM
head over to www.xda-developers.com i have a touch HD running a custom rom, you will find everything you need to know about your phone there, but take your time and read a lot of stuff before flashing anything! :D

rees
24-08-2010, 09:50 AM
might be your sd card , mine was playing silly buggers the other day ;sticking constantly saying down loading , it was a turn off turn on job, failing that , maybe a reformat of your card , but see what they say over at xda developers

chrisvr4
24-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Don't see how the card would be a problem as all the apps from the market install on the phone memory unless your phone is rooted.

Roberto
24-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Did you format the memory card when you first installed it?

Also, I've been waiting for Vodafone to get the Desire back in stock over here, so what do you or others think of it hands-on?

Atik
24-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Hands on, this for me is an iPhone killer. Had it for over a week now and have also managed to get a colleague to drop his iPhone for the Desire! So much easier and free to change almost anything on the phone.

As for the problem here, I have been through the options and menus and cant see anything that would make a difference to market downloads. Thought maybe you had something unticked, but cant see anything that would be likely to cause this problem. Is your mail account setup correctly?

chrisvr4
24-08-2010, 10:59 AM
His mail must be setup as you can't access the market otherwise.

This is a great phone though, just waiting for the update which will allow you to install apps etc to the memory card.

Yes you can root your phone to allow this but could also void your warranty should it go t!ts up and you mess your phone.

I'll sit and wait for an update to be on the safe side.

Iv had loads of phones and by far this is the best.

Cheers

Pugme
24-08-2010, 11:30 AM
you will not void the warranty by flashing custom roms etc, ecaue u ca alays do a ful bck up then fls back to a tock rom and voda will be none the wiser :)

the joys of open source

NevGroom
24-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I love my Desire - Had it sincve April and am well chuffed. Did experience the download issues just this week - Think there are network issues - It does start eventually but pretty sure it's a VF issue - Works fine wwhen connected to WiFi

c0xxy
24-08-2010, 01:31 PM
i'm with o2. as for memory card, it came with a 4gb so i tuk it out n put my 8gb from my old phone in as it got loads of music.
after i day, i think its brilliant, so quick only downsides are this market thing which seems common and compared to the nokia 5800 xpressmusic, the phone speakers seem poor!
will have a look on xda when i finish work, woke up a bit late to be doing it now!
ash

c0xxy
25-08-2010, 01:15 PM
didn't have time to get on that website as i had to go stay at the g/fs house, fortunately, she live at a farm in the sticks which caused me to lose the 'N' signal on the phone leaving it with 3g and all me downloads worked! well strange!
ash