PDA

View Full Version : FS: Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo R Pics Gone

miller
23-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Why have my pics gone to links instead of showing up straightaway? It worked earlier so whats been done in the meantime?

Nutter_John
23-08-2010, 09:17 PM
wasn't me , can't prove anything

I will look into it as I did see em there this morning

Roberto
23-08-2010, 09:21 PM
wasn't me , can't prove anything

I will look into it as I did see em there this morning

Same thing has happened to the Roanne Red VR4 for sale!
Has Barry been playing around again? /whip

Good luck with the sale Mike.
And good luck with the future kids aswell.

miller
23-08-2010, 09:35 PM
But why not allow linked pics in the for sale forums, its not as if CVR4 is loosing out by not uploading them to CVR4?

Nutter_John
23-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Think it relates to the fact that if we do not have em here and the original source goes away we lose the pics

miller
23-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Think it relates to the fact that if we do not have em here and the original source goes away we lose the pics

exactly, as per my point in post 5. Its the For Sale forum!!

Nutter_John
23-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah but Mike if photofuket dies you lose the pics from being seen on here , where as if you uplod them here they would be available as long as the forum is available

miller
23-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah but Mike if photofuket dies you lose the pics from being seen on here , where as if you uplod them here they would be available as long as the forum is available

isnt that mine and photobuckets problems though? I can understand the uploader for other forum areas full of technical data but the For Sale forum? where potentially they only going to be visible for a couple of days?

So now i have to go upload onto CVR4, resizing all pics again. /duh what a pita. Plus the uploader doesnt show pics straight away in their full potential. :|

BraindG
24-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Ive split this up for you - yes, ive been making changes backend to prepare site for migration, this means that the [img tag has been removed from any forum where an image is required for reference, such as the for sale section.

This should always have been the case - there is nothing worse than coming across a thread and the image is gone, that thread becomes useless - this is one of the reasons why everytone accepts the T&Cs where it says threads will be locked for editing, this is to preserve the data for future reference.

The new forum has a much much better upload and attachments management system so you only have to stick it out for now.

Please follow the link in my sig "HOW TO" and follow the images links, there is an app for mass resizing, it only takes.... infact, to be fair the images i checked are 800px × 600px which is well within forum boundries, no resizing required.

Thanks in advance.

miller
24-08-2010, 09:12 AM
okaly dokely

BraindG
24-08-2010, 09:15 AM
okaly dokely
Cheers, i've addressed some grammar issues in my response :whistle:

taylor
25-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Ive been making changes backend to prepare site for migration

Hi Barry, I have a bit of experience in web design and deploying and maintaining CMS systems, If there is any thing i can do to help out let me know.

Looking forward to having CVR4 running the latest version of vB (4.something??) some time in the future/Hmmm

Taylor