PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone ??

SGHOM
03-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Which circuit are we racing on ?? Is It Stowe, southern , or the full circuit ?? [ I doubt that one !! ]
I'm just trying to get my head round the corners, before I take my car round them !! :laugh: :laugh:

Spirit
03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Derek

According to the Trax website it's the FULL GP circuit ;)

Jimbo
03-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Yep, the Trax printout I did a while back says "Grand Prix Circuit" on it, so I'm rather hopeful its the full 3.1 mile jobby!

I wonder what speed I can get on Hanger Straight? :-D

Physician
03-09-2004, 08:33 PM
I wonder what speed I can get on Hanger Straight? :-D

I'll let you know when I pass you :-D

Jimbo
03-09-2004, 08:35 PM
I'll let you know when I pass you :-D

:laugh: :laugh:

Nick Mann
03-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Agreed. I am pretty sure it is the full GP circuit.

SGHOM
03-09-2004, 11:46 PM
I've just printed off a map of the circuit !! :$
going to study it now,& calculate my braking points !! { If I've got any brakes that is !! :rolleyes5 :laugh: :laugh: ]

SGHOM
04-09-2004, 01:02 AM
I may be wrong, but woodcote, maggots & beckets look like flat out to me ??
not so sure about copse !! :$ :rolleyes5
& as for priory !! :$ :$

Jimbo
04-09-2004, 01:41 AM
I may be wrong, but woodcote, maggots & beckets look like flat out to me ??
not so sure about copse !! :$ :rolleyes5
& as for priory !! :$ :$

He-heh, not as sad as me - I've reinstalled an old grand prix game to check it out again, AND, I was just watching highlights of the 1992 British Grand Prix..... :$ ....so I'm now an expert and am prepared to impart my knowledge to you all:

Copse, medium corner - flick right, a little bit tight, but we'll make it (just)

Maggotts, Becketts then Chappel (the esses) are a bit of a handful in 6th at 190mph, but the VR4 may be able to thread a needle through them at say, 110mph.... :laugh:

Hanger Straight: :-b

Stowe: Woooooaaaah there, "right turn Clyde".

Down into the Vale then back on the anchors for a left-right at Club.......

....then the track changes a little between what it used to be. A flick left then right (built to slow cars down like on all circuits after Senna's crash :( )

Then right under the bridge then it's into the boring bits (F1-wise).... 90 degree left, 90 degree left, 90 degree right, 90 degree right.....

...floor it again, wave to the cameras in the grandstand, new lap!

Ok, I'll get me coat!