PDA

View Full Version : SPEED CAMERAS - Silverstone

Physician
03-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't have a warning system on board:

"Couple of fixed cameras on the A43 on the way there. If you are coming from the M1 direction, there's a camera at the Blissworth turning between the M1 and the A5 roundabout (partly obscured by the sign). If you are coming from the M40 (Brackley) direction, there's a camera (on both sides) at the Green Man pub just before Silverstone.

The A43 is also a favorite haunt for the mobile van (nice wide long good new road etc), but can't vouch for where that will be. As previous post said, prob best leave it for the track." :sad3:

Nick Mann
03-09-2004, 09:53 PM
We will avoid the new road on the way in, and the camera mentioned between the M1 and A5 has been there for a while.

I'm sure no-one will go too mad on the way in, though! :rolleyes5

Jimbo
03-09-2004, 11:15 PM
I can ride shotgun if you want, I have a snooper now.... :-b

SGHOM
03-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Richard is right !! lets save our racing for the track. one more point & I'm banned !! :$ :$

Kieran
04-09-2004, 09:01 AM
As I was saying to Derek on MSN last night, one of my hot hatch owning friends will be going there and said to "expect the police to be there in numbers". He said that last year there were patrols, a talivan (and reports of another, though no idea where) and one of those camera vans that checks your registration to see if it's been stolen (ideal venue to do it - once you're in, I'll be tricky to get out again!).

So lets all be careful out there! :)

Physician
04-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Was it this site or another that someone said they had seen a good bumper sticker recently: (in relation to 'Speed Scameras')

DON'T STEAL ..... the Government doesn't like competition :laugh: