PDA

View Full Version : Buisness Name Ideas??

chrisvr4
28-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Hi ladies and gents,

As most of you are aware i recently lost my job (unfairly) and i have decided to go it alone and set myself up in business doing the job i love... Car Valeting.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51030

This is something i have wanted to do for many years but not had the opportunity to do it and also i needed a push to go ahead.

So now i need to pick your brains and ask you all very nicely :) to come up with a unique name for my business.

I have a few names in mind but nothing that stands out so here's your chance to shine (mind the pun) lol :D

Cheers

chris..

Pastor of Muppets
28-08-2010, 10:51 PM
'On Shine car valetting'?
You going to be doing machine polishing? If so book me in!

ANTHONY
28-08-2010, 11:24 PM
what about i.detail i did a google search and nothing came up.

just checked again and there is one but its in the states.
http://www.idetail.com/

chrisvr4
28-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks for that and keep them coming lol

Oxford? thats miles away,, it would probably be cheaper to find someone around your area.

Yes i have a machine polisher and have used it today to do my brother in laws works car.

cheers.

SGHOM
28-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Topless carwash co /lol

Just turn up in a cabriolet !

sonicsoundzdj
29-08-2010, 12:37 AM
not sure about names, but as your local il use you for doing my car!

tonyfazer
29-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Not got a clue with names for your new business fella..........but just read your thread about your previous job...........hope all goes well for you because what happened was well out of order!!!

Good luck with your new venture

Tony

Kryton
29-08-2010, 03:00 AM
Good luck with the new job & what about Supreme Clean

Roadrunner
29-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Brilliant Valet or Brilliant Valeting. Both webnames seem to be available too :) suggesting there's no other company with these names in the UK.

chrisvr4
29-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Lol at topless car wash :D

Thanks for the kind words tony, he was well out of order and he knows it.

Yep sonic I'm sure we can arrange that no problems. I seen your car in Asda car park (arnold) a few weeks ago near ish where the guys valet cars.

I have a few people wanting their cars valeted, I recently done an Isuzu truck, neighbour went away for 2 weeks and left me the keys, I finished it last week and today they are back so going to drag it back over and give it a lil wipe down before they get back, it was hanging inside and outside, took me hours to do but all worth it as it looks mint now. She will be happy :)

Some tidy names there guys thanks but keep them coming..

Cheers.

sonicsoundzdj
29-08-2010, 06:35 PM
will you be working from home, or are you going to get a unit somewere?

chrisvr4
29-08-2010, 07:06 PM
At the moment im working from home, hopefully if things work out i will be buying a van.

This is the jeep i did at home and it had been used for farm work.

will you be working from home, or are you going to get a unit somewere?

kiteman
29-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd suggest you keep it straight forward, your surname and the words personal or professional car valeting service.

Todays catchy titles can go out of fashion very easily

dickytim
30-08-2010, 01:33 AM
use a name that makes you think clean, like crystal clean or true shine or something along those lines. I agree that "trendy"names go out of fashion quickly and end up looking try-hard.

also using names like AAA clean I look straight past these ones.

"best" or "perfect" I wouldn't go near as if you have to tell me you are the best or perfect likelihood is you are far from it!

VR4Kaos
30-08-2010, 09:33 AM
id incorporate your name then in future when you expand and you will have a few vans about people know you and your name together if ya gets me meaning

Humpty's Revenge
30-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Chris`s propar car cleaning Co`

Just make sure you have a large van to fit that on the side:jester:

VR4Kaos
30-08-2010, 11:01 AM
chris's valet and care co'

Nick Mann
30-08-2010, 12:03 PM
There must be a good pun from Crystal to Chris....

Christal Clean
Christo-Clean

What area are you aiming at for your valet? £20 and I'll do it in an hour? £3000 and I'll do it in a month? All places in between? That can make a lot of difference on how you might want to pitch yourself.

statham234
30-08-2010, 06:44 PM
wax on wax off daniel son

chrisvr4
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Afternoon guys.

just had my business cards delivered :)

the name is similar to what Anthony suggested, cheers dude.

my email is aneye4detail-valeting.co.uk

web site is not up and running yet as I'm working on it.

Still got lots to sort out, flyers etc etc...

Big up to all of you

cheers.

Spirit
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Only just seen this thread mate. Was going to post up about checking the Companies House website before you chose a name - in case you want to make go Limited either now or in the future.

Just checked your name, and there is a company called An Eye For Detail Ltd, so you should be ok but may be worth checking.

AN EYE FOR DETAIL LTD
UNIT C SNEYD MILL
SNEYD STREET
LEEK
STAFFORDSHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
ST13 5HP
Company No. 07271515

Good luck with the new venture !

chrisvr4
08-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi dude.

Just been on company house and checked and no one has my name :)

Cheers.

Rambaud
09-09-2010, 10:40 AM
No need to use a Ltd company.

It can be advantageous from a Income Tax perspective to begin the business as a "sole trader" and incorporate it later. Less formalities too.

"An Eye 4 Detail" would be your trading name.

Some sort of Liability insurance is essential. Check your car insurance covers Business Use also.

And Good Luck with the new venture.