PDA

View Full Version : i,m looking to buy a vr4

jase.g
03-09-2004, 10:58 PM
i used to own a Mitsubishi FTO MIVEC for 2 years and it was 100% reliable. along came a baby and the car had to go. i made the mistake of buying a merc A class and although fits the bill, i hate it. i,m now looking to buy a mitsi again, but one that is fast and sporty yet will carry a baby seat and all the other crap that goes with it. what do i need to look out for when buying as second hand vr4 estate. i know nothing about these cars so i need lots of advice. mpg, insurance group (age 32), servicing costs, availability of spares, general reiability issues and good/bad points of the car. could i save by importing myself or through an agent? theres a jap dealer nearby (jc imports). are there any recommended dealers? hope you all can help. the fto owners club were fantastic with advice and i wouldnt hesitate at buying another import. thanks in advance.

Kieran
03-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Welcome to Club VR-4! :) :welcome:

Best place to start is with the 'Buyers Guide' which can be located in the 'Resources' menu bar. This will give you a good over view.

If you have questions that this doesn't answer, then search the forums - I'm pretty sure any questions you wish to ask will have already been answered! :-b

Enjoy your research! :)

enigma
04-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Well jase.g you have come to the right place.........now you seem to match the description of a jase.g I once knew and you seem to be located in the right area......too much of a coincidence??

jase.g
04-09-2004, 08:26 AM
my second name is greenwood and i am in the RAF. I have lived all over the place in n.yorks, norfolk, wolverhampton, cardiff, germany, peterborough, hampshire, the list goes on. now living back in n.yorks and close to home in middlesbrough.

Nick Mann
04-09-2004, 08:50 AM
I'll echo what Kieran has said. Search the site - most q's have been answered.

Insurance group is high!! Mpg is 18-25 with everyday use - expect the low end of that! The car is expensive to run compared to a 'normal' family car, but that's the price you pay for the performance. The versatility and performance combo is unbeatable for the money.

Check the events section - if you are around silverstone tomorrow or santa pod in a month, then you can ask us all these questions and more face-to-face!

enigma
04-09-2004, 09:06 AM
my second name is greenwood and i am in the RAF.

Thought it was a long shot ;)

Anyway as Nick says make yourself known to us at a meet and you will get our full attention and be able to look over some of the best and fastest examples in the UK :D

Big Ian
13-09-2004, 09:34 PM
and be able to look over some of the best and fastest examples in the UK :D

;) but i won't be there Dave,i'll be in Menorca! :rolleyes: :laugh:

SGHOM
13-09-2004, 09:38 PM
;) but i won't be there Dave,i'll be in Menorca! :rolleyes: :laugh:
dont forget the scirroco Ian !! :laugh: :laugh: