PDA

View Full Version : New Member from California

SoCal vr4
04-09-2004, 10:53 AM
hey whats up, im Julius from Southern California... i am going to be soon purchasing a vr4 galant... if anybody knows of one that i could purchase please PM me, by the way any body else from California??

dickytim
06-09-2004, 07:14 AM
did they come out in the US ?

Spirit
06-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Guess you mean a 6G VR4 rather than the 8G VR4 - or are you going to specially import one ?

Welcome to CVR4 too, hope you enjoy your stay ;)

Pete

ocelot213
30-09-2004, 10:01 AM
i want to import an 8g but i need help getting it together.

Zeke
08-10-2004, 09:31 AM
i want to import an 8g but i need help getting it together.

I'm originally from New York, but living for a year on St Martin, Caribbeans. I've imported a Levin and just recently replaced it with a '97 VR4 Galant to the island.

Since i'll be moving back stateside in a year I've looked extensively on taking it back with me, (hoping that it will be possible since it IS a Galant after all and not a Skyline) but still, the lame US importation laws make any vehicle newer than 25 years pretty much impossible.

Let's just say unless you have buttloads of cash to spend on a registered importer, EPA/DOT testing & conversion, a year of patience, crash tests that are 3X the cost of your vehicle plus now it is wrecked so you might as well import 2. :dozey:

And this is optimistically assuming the US ban on vehicles over 1996 (OBD-II) will be lifted by 2005. (but hey... if anyone knows of some crazy loophole...)

Source:
http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/entering_us/7importingyourcar.htm