PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to turkey kusadasi

VR4Kaos
03-09-2010, 04:19 PM
as title reads has anyone been to Turkey Kusadasi just bout to book next years hols and wondering has anyone been here and would ya reconmend it if ya have its got 5 stars a gym and steam room so sounds mint to me /GJ

Humpty's Revenge
03-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I`ve been to Altinkum & Fethiye & kusadasi is just round a bit.

Great area round there Karl, Altinkum is very touristy but not sure about kusadasi?

I have been down that way on a day trip but like everywhere you just cant remember what is what if you see what I mean.

What date are you looking at going mate?

Geraint
03-09-2010, 05:47 PM
i went a while back, was amazing. my dad is a big fella and walks with a big stick if hes going round town etc so the shop keepers dubbed him Moses! the people there were amazing.

went to a leather jacket place as my mum wanted 1, and they asked me to describe my perfect jacket as i didnt like any they had. after some apple tea and talking out emerged a jacket exactly how i described, custom tailored in the back of the shop for me!

cant fault the place, iff u want bargains then get to know the people before you buy, and prices all go up when the cruise ships arrive in the port ;)

cant reccomend the place highly enough, providing its still the same :P

plenty of epic places to go and see aswell within reasonable travelling distance.

VR4Kaos
03-09-2010, 05:59 PM
looking to fly out on the 28th july Steve mate you meeting us there mate :bananadan
thanks Geriant very helful think we going 34 water slides kids will love it cant get em out of water world in stoke so they will love it their

Geraint
03-09-2010, 06:31 PM
looking to fly out on the 28th july Steve mate you meeting us there mate :bananadan
thanks Geriant very helful think we going 34 water slides kids will love it cant get em out of water world in stoke so they will love it their

you live near stoke then? im not far at all from there.

SGHOM
03-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Don't go :stop:

tonyfazer
03-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I've been to Turkey Karl but not kusadasi but found the people to be pleasant and polite.....the hotel was kept immaculate and the service was fantastic...

I would go back tomorrow

Tony

John TheAntique
03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Be a wee bit careful if it's the hotel that we looked at. Advertised as having a gym, sauna and a "private beach". It turned out the beach was man made on boards resting on scaffolding above rocks. If the hotel pictures don't show a a beach by the sea be aware.

horndog
03-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Im off to Sarigerme in 1 month, cant wait, its our first holiday with bambino, will give a trip report on Turkey whenI get back

ritch_w
03-09-2010, 11:48 PM
not been there, but was at WOW (world of wonder) bodrum this year - fantastic resort, cant remember if its 4 or 5 * great service and staff couldnt do enough for you. will definately go back next year if i can afford it.
out and about in gumbet and bodrum was a bit of a PITA with folks trying to get u to part with your cash (in a nice way tho).
would recommend turkey - as long as you go for a quality resort

Ryan
04-09-2010, 02:00 AM
I've not been to Turkey (although would really like to visit) but my mate spent two weeks there and speaks highly of the place, especially if you're into history.

I had a Greek colleague who remarked that a dead Greek was Turkish Delight :p