PDA

View Full Version : Many many thousand apologies

enigma
05-09-2004, 05:53 PM
For again spending a large number of hours repairing my car at a meet. Its not very sociable and I think I may have taken the edge off the day for the club as a whole. For that I owe you all a big apology.

However, I would like to thank you all for your concern and support throughout the day, without you I would have been coming home on the back of an RAC truck for sure. You gave me the will to get through it and persevere! Special thanks to the mobile garage owner (Barry) and the many mobile mechanics.

You will all be pleased to know that once I got out of Silverstone the car did not miss a beat all the way home, I was only cruising at 70-80mph but it is now running as sweet as........... :rolleyes5

Any ideas are gratefully recieved as I dont want o strip my engine unless it is absolutely necessary!

Again apologies, but shrouded with many thanks :$

Nick Mann
05-09-2004, 06:03 PM
It is as social as it is anti. A lot of us enjoy the endless stripping and rebuilding of the heath robinson V6 in a certain legnum! :rolleyes5

No real ideas I'm afraid. I can't wrap my head around all the assorted problems you seem to get. It may be two minor things that sometimes come together as more major? :thinking:

Hope someone hits a solution soon....

Glad you got home okay!

/edit

Vicky says it didn't spoil her day at all. (You were all sitting ducks to be force-fed chocolate brownies!! :-D )

The Vee
05-09-2004, 06:14 PM
First of all many thanks to Nick for organising a great day out.
Glad you got home ok and no worries on the social bit !! At least we new where to find you :-D . Bit strange though, Is it oiling up in that cylinder or even overfueling, a run would certainly clear either(but maybe only temporarily) but it doesn't explain the plug gap deminishing.

Edit. the chocolate brownies were wonderful - look forward to the Pod ;) :-D

pezza
05-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Wow, u guys are fast,

Was it a race to get home to get the first post in?

Hope everyone got home safely.. it was good to meet everyone again.
Fantastic day weatherwise too...

BDA it didnt seem anti social at all, I don't think anyone thought that plus you had to fix it to get home...

See you all again soon I hope...

Pezz

Kieran
05-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Blimey! :rolleyes5 Sounds like an interesting day! So what happened then?!

:soapbox: Come on! Let's have the stories and piccies!!! :-D

SGHOM
05-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Next time Akers................. fix your car in your own bl%%dy time !!! alright ?? :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal :$ :$

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Antisocial never crossed my mind mate, I was just annoyed for you more than anything.....and disappointed I didn't have the technical know-how to offer any advice. Hope you figure it out soon, mate. :sad3:

HJM
05-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Antisocial never crossed my mind mate, I was just annoyed for you more than anything.....and disappointed I didn't have the technical know-how to offer any advice. Hope you figure it out soon, mate. :sad3:

Ditto, although we did get to help Nick with technical issue :D

Frustrated for you, Dave that you didn't get a proper track session but really glad you got home alright.

Excellent day - great to meet everyone again, plus put a few more faces to names.

Congrats to Nick for pulling it all together - and to Vicky for the brownies :-D

There are three less track virgins in the world tonight :lipsrseal :laugh:

BraindG
05-09-2004, 08:31 PM
i dont think its antisocial atall - topic of conversation, discussion.. gatherings around daves car :D - mucho fun! - id take the top of and check that gasket... cheap and chearfull.

Nick, great turn out! - well organised!.. /shakeshand

ok, whos still got their wristbands on!? - MEMEMEMEMEMEM! :laugh: :rolleyes5

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 09:24 PM

:) :laugh:

enigma
05-09-2004, 09:30 PM

Had to cut mine off it was irritating my sunburn..........I used the wrong type of oil :rolleyes5

Spirit
06-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Glad you got home okay Dave - I could see the concern in your face !

I managed to get home at 6.20pm - not bad considering I left the stand at 3.20pm - I wasn't speeding officer honest :$

As others have said it is not anti-social, we were all just concerned for you and it makes a change to do something to the engines at a meet rather than just stand and admire their beauty ;)

Great day was had, and well organised by Nick - thanks again for the last minute tickets mate. Those brownies looked far too fattening for me :laugh: Also many thanks to Derek for allowing me to share your room, you're a star.

Was such a shame the 2nd run was screwed by an a**hole, but was good there are now a few less track virgins in the club.

Was good to see Paul in his new Audi, damn does that thing sound awesome - what was it, 380 bhp ? :rolleyes5

Managed a quick sprint run before I left too, but was disappointed with a 0-60 of 6.00s dead. Mind you the heatsoak would not have helped today (30c ambient) and got boost spike due to the heat which would have added a few tenths on - oh well.

zentac
06-09-2004, 10:17 AM
It was a cracking day out, was glad I went out on the track with you guys it was a good laugh. I think we need a few more tackdays ;)

(watch this space!)

BraindG
06-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Had to cut mine off it was irritating my sunburn..........I used the wrong type of oil :rolleyes5

guess what :$ :rolleyes5

Jimbo
06-09-2004, 10:43 AM
guess what :$ :rolleyes5

You've STILL got yours on too, then? :$

/edit: I've still got my pit lane passes in the windows too!

BraindG
06-09-2004, 10:46 AM
yup, all of the above :D :laugh: :$

Jimbo
06-09-2004, 10:49 AM
yup, all of the above :D :laugh: :$

:laugh: :laugh:

PAUL
06-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Just like to say thanks to Nick for organising a good day,
and good to see some new faces look forward to the Pod.

All the best

Paul.