PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone war stories

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Quite simply the most fun I've ever had in any car, ever! I was really surprised how quickly I settled in to it and was just staggered at how much grip the VR4 really has when pushed to the limit.

I was uneasy about the mix of cars, but in hindsight, this was actually really good - I got to overtake loads of stuff!

I got in 1 and half sessions, really started "going-for-it" in the second one when a showboating BMW driver got the session red flagged after two laps :dozey:

Brilliant, brilliant fun. I didn't crash, spin, scrape or anything.....only damage was dehydration, man that cockpit was a hot place to be with sacrificing the aircon for power!

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Anybody get any footage, (from the Copse "grassy knoll")?

Not very impressed that TRAX organisers said no recording equipment was allowed, only for the head marshall to tell us it was fine (providing they were fix-mounts, of course).

The Vee
05-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Here's one that nearly got away. :-D :D

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 11:01 PM
The CVR4 pitcrew racing to meet the 8am deadline....

Spirit
05-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Unreal how early we were, where is everyone else ?? :rolleyes5

Nice pic of my arse in the bottom pic :$ Had to do some last minute running repairs with a trolly jack, a screwdriver and a hacksaw :$ :lipsrseal

zentac
06-09-2004, 10:20 AM
I was right about the queues to get in one of the FTO owners left home at 8, lives less that 10 miles away and got in at 10. Massive queues....