PDA

View Full Version : Photos Hosted / Visible Links

miller
09-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Ongoing issue I think.

Why oh why is there a need for pictures to be stored/uploaded on CVR4in the likes of the sub forums 'The Priory' and non galant/ legnum related chat areas? Generally these pics are time related and will have no bearing on the club in a years time.

Classic example is the current NZ earthquake thread. Now why on earth would those kind of pics be required on the CVR4 database? It puts some people off clicking on hundreds of links just to keep up with one thread. You pretty much soon switch off.

Most of the times these pictures are/will be used across other forums and its a right royal PIA uplaoding your pics to two different sites. CVR4 is the only forum I am a member of that requires this.

Yes I understand that other sites like image shack and photobucket may not be the greatest and to that i agree that the likes of VR4/Galant/Legnum images, CVR4 event images along with technical images should be stored. So yes implement this rule on our technical forums by all means.

Agree or disagree?

Mike

tonyfazer
09-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Fair comment Mike i agree

Tony

taylor
12-09-2010, 01:41 AM
+1 :d

Nutter_John
12-09-2010, 01:46 AM
This has /is being discussed in the committee area

but you can use the uploaded to upload from an URL ( upload is working fully as far as I know )

uploaded/2306/1284252458.png

taylor
14-09-2010, 07:21 AM
for those using firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6499/

works really well

Pugme
14-09-2010, 04:13 PM
I too was baffled why img tags didn't work on this site.

BraindG
14-09-2010, 05:15 PM
I too was baffled why img tags didn't work on this site.
Originally it was removed as many threads became redundant and useless when people deleted their images from photobucket and/or similar hosted sites. This is evident in some of the articles currently in the articles forum, I have been cleaning them up in preperation for migration :(

This (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16372) post was created many moons ago explaing why, I provided viable alternatives and support threads, tbh its only a few additional clicks to preserve the threads theme, direction, content...

as John said this topic is currently being discussed, i did jump in and remove it again recently not fully understanding the current clubs set up, i do apologise./pale

miller
14-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Barry,

I totally agree with retaining pictures for important articles etc, its the non important articles that maybe have a shelf life of days rather than important years that i feel isnt necessary.

:iagree:

Roberto
14-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Barry,

I totally agree with retaining pictures for important articles etc, its the non important articles that maybe have a shelf life of days rather than important years that i feel isnt necessary.

:iagree:

But then we need threads that are deemed important made into proper articles and the photos retained.

Sounds like a job for a Ginger Librarian. /pan
(Hopefully he will return soon)

miller
14-09-2010, 11:22 PM
But then we need threads that are deemed important made into proper articles and the photos retained.

Sounds like a job for a Ginger Librarian. /pan
(Hopefully he will return soon)

Not really, if the thread is in the priory or chat and is deemed important then it can be moved to the correct forum and the photos hosted. But until that happens there is no need for it

Fully
16-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I tried to upload but got this message.
"Upload of file failed."