PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Newcastle FC Football Tickets.

dave-at-home
10-09-2010, 07:51 PM
I am looking at buying some tickets to watch Newcastle play at home to Sunderland on 31st October.

Having never been a great officiado of the game (the tickets are for my Son's B'day), I am at a bit of a loss where to get tickets from . Yes - I know - as an ambassador of the male species I should have a working knowledge of these things but such is life.

Anyhoo - it looks like if I go through the club ticket shop, I will have to be a season ticket holder / club member to get tickets (of which I am neither).

The next alternative is to use an online ticket agent... The only one I have found that have tickets is www.livefootballtickets.com.

So - do any of you guys (and gals) have any experience of this company (or could suggest an alternative) that could help me with my mission?

I would really like to get this sorted as 1) It solves the B'day issue and 2) It gives me a darn good reason to cover some miles in the VR4 on the run from the Midlands to up t'North./help

PS: I have owened "Mitzy" for exactly one year today. Happy birthday Mitzy :smitten::sweethear

Pugme
10-09-2010, 07:57 PM
happy birthday :p lol

i cannot help as i dont like football! but i am in a similar predicament so if you dont mind im gonna tag on your thread :D

i have some belgian friends who wish to come ove for a roadtrip to london but they would like to see arsenal play at home, anyone on here know how i can get them 4-5 tickets to an arsenal game??

aboo
10-09-2010, 08:00 PM
What about ebay?

dave-at-home
10-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Tag away.

Oh - and Mitzy says thx :chugchug:

dave-at-home
10-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Checked on Fleabay: Computer said no.

Spirit
10-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Think it may be difficult guys. Of course most season ticket holders will attend all home games to get best value for money. Unless you know any who are willing to give up their ticket you may struggle, particularly for such a game as a local derby. May be worth looking at corporate attendance if you are willing to pay the prices.

SGHOM
10-09-2010, 10:21 PM
They sell them in boots Dave.

I went in for one but was too embarresed to ask, so I just got a packet of condoms ! :chugchug:

Pugme
11-09-2010, 07:53 AM
can touts outside the stadiums be trusted?

dave-at-home
11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for that SGHOM - could be worse...... you could have come away with a Subaru track day xperience /Steeringw

giblet
12-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Had a quick look at the website and it seems the geordies have a similar set up to my club, Leeds United in that the tickets are first offered for sale to season ticket holders and members, after that they are released for general sale and thats when you will be able to buy them. The website doesnt seem to show the general sale date for the sunderland game so I suggest you ring up the ticket office on 0844 372 1892, select option 1 and then option 2, and ask when the Sunderland tickets will be on general sale.

dave-at-home
12-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Cheers for that Gib - I'll give em a call tomorrow see what they say. I'll put my best "auf-wiedesehn" voice on :)

the_boy
12-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Don't mean to sound like a party pooper or anything but you're trying to get one off tickets for the biggest game in the NE calender.

Apart from the return leg at our gaff ;)

If you do manage to get some please take extra care on the day as there will be trouble..

PaddyB
13-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Probably easiest to get them from the club ticket sales shop. It shouldn't cost too much to become a member (dunno what NUFC charge - it's £10 for City).

Or maybe find a mate who's a member/season ticket holder & go thru them.

dave-at-home
13-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I think that the club shop would be the safest option, but I am taking into serious consideration of advice from "The Boy".

I was aware of teh local rivalry and was gonna ask about the potential for trouble etc. Sounds like it could be a definate "Yes", so methinks I should find a less volatile match to watch where:

1) I have a better chance of getting tickets
2) Me, the missus and the 14 year old nipper (having never trecked to Newcastle) don't stray into a potential war-zone and suffer the consequences.

I don't like pain.. it hurts! :rolleyes3

the_boy
13-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Suppose it's no different to any other derby but you don't want to be in the wrong place, especially the metro / train station.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/32-arrested-after-Newcastle-v.4940054.jp

This is the 2008-2009 season as obviously the unwashed were in the fizzy pop league last year :)

giblet
13-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Aye theres going to be mindless idiots at most games wanting to act like tw*ts but I suppose if you stick to the family stand and stay away from the ones who are mouthy you should be alright. I've been to several of the Leeds v Millwall games over the past few seasons when theres been trouble, just stayed away from the idiot crowd. I even went down to Millwall on the train whilst wearing Leeds attire and on my own, came back fine!