PDA

View Full Version : Machine Polishing

Spirit
06-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Have any of you guys ever had a car machine polished ?

We attended a car show a couple weeks back and provisionally booked a machine polish, 12 month hard wax and engine bay clean.

Having never had a car machine polished is there any reasons not to have it done ? They have told me it will remove any swirls and light scratches etc and should look good as new. Is this all true ?

Cheers

Pete

jaysback
07-04-2003, 08:38 AM
used to do it.
works well. you just need to make sure your car hasnt had any bad repair work on it INSERT INTO post VALUES (e.g. paint isnt to thin on edges etc.)
i will do mine b4 japfest.

ah the wonder of the modern car wash.
thousands of nylon strands brushing across the paint of your in one direction:INSERT INTO post VALUES (
the bloke with his landrover that has just come down from the local mud pit and gone through b4 u.:mad:
the small stone that r now in those wonderful spinning cleaning scratchy things:mad:
DONT DO IT..............

seen it to many times.
thats the best example of a car in desperate need of machine polishing - mopping.

who ever you get to do it, make shure when they have finished that all the edges and corners still have paint on the;)

without washing the car, water should still bead off after 2 mounths and washing it is a piece of cake.
dirt will just fall off with a pressure wash:cool:
invest in some decent polish and soft cloths and u r laughing:p

u may have seen 1 thats been done badly.
when the sun hits the car legnth wise it looks like someone has taken to it with a scourer INSERT INTO post VALUES (a bit like overlaping circles going backwards and fowards) thats because they only did half the job.

hope this helps you out.
and no, i wont be mopping cars on the 17th:D :D