PDA

View Full Version : I've emigrated!

davcom1
12-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Well sort of emigrated.. from Devon to the Lincolnshire Fens!

I'm now resident in Spalding and so far, so good.. just busy getting the house we've bought up to scratch.

There's definitely a lot more people admiring the VR4 up here and no, I don't think they point and stare at all motorised transport as if it was the work of satan. :thinking:

So when is the next East Midlands CVR4 meet? ;)

David

Wodjno
12-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Why would you want an east midlandd meet ?
Spalding and the Fens are no strangers to Legnums and VR4's either :D
Welcome to Lincolnshiiite /yes

Nick Mann
12-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I just battled with traffic from Kings Lynn through Peterborough back to Brum. Didn't see a single Galant in 3 hours, let alone a vr4!

Wodjno
12-09-2010, 10:52 PM
I just battled with traffic from Kings Lynn through Peterborough back to Brum. Didn't see a single Galant in 3 hours, let alone a vr4!

But you know were here /yes

Shudda popped in for a Coffee /yes

davcom1
12-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Is it not East Midlands then? Just wondered if club members bother to meet up every once in a while in the area...

I popped down to Peterborough last week to buy a new washing machine and tumble dryer - the city centre looked alright and I didn't see immigrant job seekers living on the roundabouts as mentioned in the newspapers.

Had to laugh at your spelling of Lincs - I see the Lodge Hotel in Peterborough has a similar opinion of Cambs! Check it out - http://www.hotelsandguesthouses.net/placestostay-424-1-Peterborough.htm /woot

davcom1
12-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Nick - I went to Kings Lynn today (just for a look/trip out) and there was a massive queue (~4 mile) along the A10(?) as we drove towards Downham Market. There was some kind of shooting extravaganza going on at Sandringham I think.

Wodjno
12-09-2010, 11:07 PM
There are more immigrants in Spalding and Boston /yes

Kryton
12-09-2010, 11:10 PM
You will need to change you signature now then! Hope you're enjoyin the area. I'm up for another meet if anyone else is. Kings lynn area would be ideal for me as only 40 mins away :) maybe even stretch to peterborough if more convenient for eveyone as fairly central.

JTG
12-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I could also do as far as Peterborough for a meet :)

On a side note, I don't like it when Wolves fans move closer to me :-p

elnevio
13-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Nice one, Dave. Hope it's working out for you so far!

davcom1
13-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Thanks chaps!

JTG - are you a Tesco fan or something? :)

JTG
13-09-2010, 12:18 AM
You call West Brom Tesco? And no, Norwich.

davcom1
13-09-2010, 12:43 AM
lol - yeah, they call Wolves fans "Dingles" after the family in Emmerdale.

"Tesco's" is one of the nicer nicknames for WBA fans.

Norwich have had a pretty solid start after bouncing back from L1. Do you fancy them to get promotion again this year or to consolidate?

JTG
13-09-2010, 12:52 AM
lol - yeah, they call Wolves fans "Dingles" after the family in Emmerdale.

"Tesco's" is one of the nicer nicknames for WBA fans.

Norwich have had a pretty solid start after bouncing back from L1. Do you fancy them to get promotion again this year or to consolidate?

Lol good stuff.

Yep positive start which could have been better had we have taken the 3 points we should have at Forrest. I would be delighted with a play off spot and do think it's achievable if we stay injury free (big blow losing Surman for two months, who looks like he could have done a job in the Prem for you) and sign Tesco's Leon Barnett on a permanent (fingers crossed).

I assume you expect you'll stay up again this year? I certainly think you will, there are worse teams than you there this year I think. Although to look at the players individually, it's hard to see where the quality is for me.

psbarham
13-09-2010, 06:37 AM
hey, get orf moiiiiiiii laaaaaaaaaaand.

you be worriying moiiiiii locals /lol

Your right about them looking slack jawed at the leggies, I've driving round town in leggies for 3 years now and they still stare. Hey ho.

so where about in spudling are you now then?

swinks
13-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Welcome Dave in most depressed part of the UK :d (in geographical or psychological terms.../Hmmm ).
Whatever hope you like here, you are just 11 miles from my Bourne. Here VR4 is nothing unusual, those few residents here already have enough mine Galant :smug:
So looking for local meet soon :evil2:

The Vee
13-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Glad everything seemed to have gone ok for you Dave. Indeed Galant / leggie spotting can be fruitless, but there are a few around. People never seem to notice mine, maybe that's because it's never out there /pan. Quite a few members in the area so a meet up would be good.
/ gonna be much easier to pinch those headlights now - those "local" meets in Plymouth not quite so easy to plan...

davcom1
13-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Paul - I'm on the western edge of town, street called "Meadway" off Monks House Lane.

I grew up in deepest darkest Cornwall, nr Lands End so its positively cosmopolitan up here! :p

Swinks - we actually got lost walking the dogs around Bourne woods when we came up to view houses in June! Took ages to find the car park.

JTG - I think Norwich will get a playoff place, Wolves should stay up but I don't want them becoming known as a bunch of thugs which seems to be happening recently.

davcom1
13-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi Andy!

Yes all went well apart from some urgent work needed like a new kitchen (which I've all but finished) and various decorating.

Be great to see you up here along with the other "locals"!

David

Spirit
13-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Good to hear all is well mate. The car park here at work is certainly less "interesting" now you've gone /help

psbarham
13-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Paul - I'm on the western edge of town, street called "Meadway" off Monks House Lane.

I grew up in deepest darkest Cornwall, nr Lands End so its positively cosmopolitan up here! :p

Ha, yeh i know monks house, all though last time i went down there it had all changed, I can remember when all that was fields /lol.

I suppose compared to Cornwall it's all a bit "Big city" round there /lol I'm just out side town in moulton seas end, its not quite the edge of the world but I can see it from here :D

If your about at the weekend then Gowf should be up this way too so we can see if any of the peterBoghorror duo are up for a meet up :beerbang:

davcom1
03-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Pete - you've got an Evo wagon!!!??? Sorry off topic but... I WANT ONE!!!

davcom1
03-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Paul - really sorry but I missed the thread update and so missed your last post!!

I don't log in as much as I should, damn would've been good to meet up.

Sorry. :coat

psbarham
03-10-2010, 09:58 AM
thats cool, we'll sort some thing out.