PDA

View Full Version : Braided Hoses - a solution ?

Spirit
06-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Having spoken to Simon and got the part number for the Goodridge braided hoses that came with his KAD brakes I decided to call KAD direct this morning (as Goodridge say they don't make them for a VR4).

Got the answer, which makes sense now ! KAD make the kit up themselves out of Goodridge parts !

Of course the connections to the calipers on the KAD kit is going to be different to standard, so what I am thinking is that if anyone has a spare set of standard calipers kicking around maybe we could do a deal with KAD to send the calipers to them and get some kits made up for the standard VR4 ?

Do you still have yours Simon ? Or anyone else ?

Pete

nick-f1
06-09-2004, 01:47 PM
KAD make the kit up themselves out of Goodridge parts !

Of course the connections to the calipers on the KAD kit is going to be different to standard, so what I am thinking is that if anyone has a spare set of standard calipers kicking around maybe we could do a deal with KAD to send the calipers to them and get some kits made up for the standard VR4 ?

Pete

Although this is a good idea Pete, any good pipe/hose retailer will do this for you and would probably be cheaper. We have an excellent supplier at West Howe, Bournemouth.. Thread & Pipe Services 01202576789 who will make up anything you want to a pattern and whilst you wait if they're not too busy!

Regards

Nick

Spirit
06-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Problem is though I assume they need a spare complete set of pipes sent to them for measurements etc ? KAD of course already have this. Or is it possible that you could check them out Nick to see if they have the specs already ?

nick-f1
06-09-2004, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=spirit979 Or is it possible that you could check them out Nick to see if they have the specs already ?[/QUOTE]

No probs Pete, right what exactly am I after? Bung us the details and I'll pop over tomorrow, better than the phone :-b

Spirit
06-09-2004, 07:06 PM
A full set of braided brake hoses - think there are 6 hoses involved but maybe someone else can confirm exactly

wirdy
06-09-2004, 07:54 PM
We've been through these loops before eh Pete? Leaving my car immobile without any brake lines for some time was never a realistic option.

I'm definitely in too, if it'll help with a better order value. :)

Brind
06-09-2004, 09:01 PM
See the post I just made in this section, just made it sticky... for now.

Could be something that could help a future write up on the subject?

enigma
07-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Quadal made me a set, there are 4 hoses and they are great! I belive he will be making more up if people want them! Alternatively I can send my now spare hoses off to Goodrich to enable them to make a kit! But do you know, I quite fancy Quadal making a quid or two rather than Goodrich! :D

wirdy
08-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Quadal made me a set, there are 4 hoses and they are great! I belive he will be making more up if people want them! Alternatively I can send my now spare hoses off to Goodrich to enable them to make a kit! But do you know, I quite fancy Quadal making a quid or two rather than Goodrich! :D

Who are Quadal Dave?

enigma
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
You mean who is Quadal!

He is a fellow member! :D He bought Nicks car

Spirit
08-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Let's start a list of who wants them, then we can ask Quadal if he is prepared to make some more:

Spirit979

SGHOM
08-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Interlec.

assuming the ones I eventually get from potn are wrong !!

wirdy
08-09-2004, 11:16 PM
You mean who is Quadal!

He is a fellow member! :D He bought Nicks car

Favourable cost, compared to Goodridges kits?

Braided hose is braided hose, it's the end fittings quality (stainless / zinc plated, anodised, etc) & outer covering that seems to vary the price. I'm in for a club member to get some profit rather than the big boys. :)