PDA

View Full Version : Remote Mirror Closure

zedy1
06-09-2004, 05:43 PM
I have spent the weekend and designed a module to close the mirrors with your alarm remote control when you lock the doors and open the mirrors when you unlock the doors, the total costs including all the parts and a diagram how to install it with full 24hr telephone helpline would cost you £45.00 + postage and should only take about an hour to install.

this kit is not home made as all bits would be bought from directed electronics (clifford)

if your intrested let me know as i would be ordering them for my car next week.
also i would like payment up front.

this product will work 100%, if it doesnt then you would get a full refund.

Nick Mann
06-09-2004, 07:40 PM
I'd like one!

But you'd end up giving me a full refund, as I'm guessing that a lack of motors in the mirrors would compromise the functionality. :dozey:

Oh well!

The Vee
06-09-2004, 10:04 PM
I'd like one!

But you'd end up giving me a full refund, as I'm guessing that a lack of motors in the mirrors would compromise the functionality. :dozey:

Oh well!

Ditto

colVR4
07-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Zedy you are a star mate. This is exactly what I was asking for not long ago. I would definately like a kit, just give me the details of where to send the money to. Would you like PayPal or Cheque?

landy
07-09-2004, 08:26 PM
I'd like one too. Just want to confirm though, will it interfere with the alarm or locking and will I beable to use the same fob I have now to opperate all. :-b

zedy1
08-09-2004, 01:37 AM
thanks for your interest guys, i have ordered a new alarm for my car with anti hi-jack which will hopefully arrive tommorow, once fitted i could confirm if it will work.

col i need to know if your v6-24 mirror switch is the same as the vr4, and does it have three positins on the switch.

Kieran
08-09-2004, 07:31 AM
col i need to know if your v6-24 mirror switch is the same as the vr4, and does it have three positins on the switch.

I know I'm not Col :$, but yes, the switch is exactly the same switch as the JDM Galants.

colVR4
08-09-2004, 09:39 AM
If you look at my photos in the member's cars section there is an interior shot that shows the switch. I will try and get a close-up of the switch today.

Physician
08-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi Zedy,

I'm interested but would prefer to see the fixing instructions prior to ordering.

Thanks

Richard

colVR4
08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Here is the close up. Is it the same?

zedy1
08-09-2004, 11:02 PM
the above method was tried and tested and it works 100% even with the alarms which have igntion locking, this system will also oprate automatically when you use your keys to lock and unlock, but needs testing and will also oprate with the lock button when the cars ignition is switched off, ive got two sets spare but i im hoping to come to santapod next month where i could show you it works, then you guys could decide wheter you want them or not, its also possible to fit this system so it only works with the alarm but installatin may get abit tricky, also have all the colour codes for the mirror wiringkit to fit the vr4 but the v6 would need to be tested to confirm it has the same wiring loom.