PDA

View Full Version : They're having another laugh !

Spirit
06-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Anyone at Trax yesterday will have seen that I had to hacksaw off part of my plastic undertray as it was dragging on the floor.

Luckily for me Andy (The Vee) kindly picked up the bit I hacked off as I forgot it. Why lucky ?

Well today I popped into my local dealer for the price of a new one.......I really wish they would put a chair in the parts dept so one has somewhere to collapse
£110.28 + VAT.........for a piece of f**kin' plastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I will be attempting a repair on my existing one :sad3:

BraindG
06-09-2004, 05:47 PM
:rolleyes5 atleast you still go it then - heres us about to chuck it :)

Nick VR4
06-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Super Glue is a lot Cheaper :-D ;) or Epoxy Resin

pezza
06-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Anyone at Trax yesterday will have seen that I had to hacksaw off part of my plastic undertray as it was dragging on the floor.

Luckily for me Andy (The Vee) kindly picked up the bit I hacked off as I forgot it. Why lucky ?

Well today I popped into my local dealer for the price of a new one.......I really wish they would put a chair in the parts dept so one has somewhere to collapse

Guess I will be attempting a repair on my existing one :sad3:

Yup,

My car dint have one of those undertrays when it came to the UK apparently but am sure its meant to have one? LOL. I got quotes 167 +VAT for mine..
from my local Mitz garage! :wtf:

And then 76+VAT each for wheel arch liners... :rolleyes5

Hmm time for a scrap yard!

strangebat
06-09-2004, 10:34 PM
:topic: might be off topic :p :headsc: but has anyone else with a legnum noticed that a hole has been hacked out the front wheel arch liner on the passenger side, of all the legnums at our meet in dumfries the only one that didn't have it done was bda. I'm just curoius as to why its been done

SGHOM
06-09-2004, 11:00 PM
:topic: might be off topic :p :headsc: but has anyone else with a legnum noticed that a hole has been hacked out the front wheel arch liner on the passenger side, of all the legnums at our meet in dumfries the only one that didn't have it done was bda. I'm just curoius as to why its been done
funny you should say that Yan, but yes !!! :rolleyes5 all the cars [ legnums & saloons I think ??] at silverstone were the same ??? passenger side only ??
surely It cant be anything to do with the brakes ?? one side only ??

wirdy
06-09-2004, 11:01 PM

...or £1.38+VAT for each plastic clip that needs replacing!! :

MMB547806 N/STK CLIP, SPLASH SH

Did all of mine the first time I took the undertray off 'cos they were all shagged. Still a stupid price for a plastic screw & an expanding clip. :rolleyes5

wirdy
06-09-2004, 11:04 PM

Yeah, mine has one but it doesn't look 'hacked' - more a neatly squared off hole. Could it be for access to something on Galants that are further down the food chain? ;)

nick-f1
07-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah, mine has one but it doesn't look 'hacked' - more a neatly squared off hole. Could it be for access to something on Galants that are further down the food chain? ;)

I dont think so- mine was complete when I bought it last March but after tangling with a kamikaze rabbit the liner popped free from outer wheelarch at the bottom. I pushed it back into place but after continuing my journey home down the M3 on arrival at home it had popped back out again and had rubbed a rectangular shaped hole in itsself against the tyre with the air pressure. A design fault with Mitsi cheapo clips I think. Push yours back against the front tyre and you'll see what i mean and hence the hacked/chamfered edges.

Nick

strangebat
07-09-2004, 09:53 PM
sorry I seem to be guilty of hijacking a thread :$ but thats what I thought originally but then saw other cars and it had definetly been cut all in different shapes, from a small section cut out to mine where half the trim is missing.

Big Ian
08-09-2004, 01:37 AM
could an under tray be fabracated from sheet metal?