PDA

View Full Version : done for me :D

Nitew4tcher
07-10-2010, 03:40 PM
just been out checking up on what goes where for the boost guage....

been through spirits how to and it seems someone has already done the pipe connection...

where the t-peice goes in there is a pipe which goes back to a little silver dome with HKS written on it to which there are wires connected which from what i can see go into drivers wing .....a d i found 3 wires not connected to anything under mirror control panel.

the previous owner had a electronic boost controller fitted...i assume the HKS silver dome was to do with that.

so all i have to do is get the pipework from dash to engine bay and figure out what wires i cut into to give guage its lights.

then ill have myself a pretty guage to look @ /lol

anyone know what wires i connect to?

Dan

Roberto
07-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I used the stereo power and illumination wiring, worked out nicely.

Atik
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
You could also tap into the clock display wiring. There is power/illumination to that and its linked to the dimmer thingy so you could technically dim the gauge at the same time (not sure if thats even possible, but sounds plausible /lol )

Colin Wiltshire
07-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I used the stereo power and illumination wiring, worked out nicely.
Thats what I did with mine, just ran some wires up the pillar

elnevio
07-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah Atik, if the gauge has a dimming function, the illumination feed to the clock should work.

aboo
07-10-2010, 07:50 PM

These are the wires I used for the boost gauge.

frankoni
08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I used a little gadget called "add a circuit"for the permanent live, which plugs straight into the fuse box. I got this from ebay, makes life a lot easier....... The other wires will be swichable live which i took off front fog light switch (illumination wire) and that just left the earth which i led down to the origional earthing point in the foot well, where the other earths are...