PDA

View Full Version : Mini Headlight Bulb

Lazarus
11-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Hello everyone. I have a question about my headlight. I have this little mini light next to my low beam I have it wired to come on with my fog lights. they are the same colot as my headlights but I wanna customize them. I was wondernig is that light replaceable it's a tiny buld and I don't wanna break open the light to see if I can change it maybe there's an wasier way thanks again.

Big Ian
11-09-2004, 01:53 AM
it sound's like what we call "side light bulb" a small 5.5watt bulb.if it's the same as our's then you can get at it from the rear of the headlight.
go to the rear of the headlight
you will see a large round rubber cover.
remove the rubber (you will have to un-plug the plug that is in the center of the rubber)
bellow the main headlight bulb,is where the "side light bulb" sit's
there are two way's of removal to remove the side light bulb,
1/you need a small cross head screw driver
un-do the small screw and remove the bulb

2/it may be held with a "spring clip" un-clip it and remove the bulb

i hope this is off use to you, GOOD LUCK ;)

wirdy
11-09-2004, 05:31 PM
You should be able to squeeze the sprung clip together and remove the bulb with its holder - some holders are really tight/springy though. Just squeeze hard and wriggle it - it's awkward as there's not much room down there.

Over here we can get these small bayonet bulbs in various colours - but the packaging wisely says "for interior use only". My front sidelights were blue for a while, then green, (totally against UK lighting regs of course ;))
Now they're back to clear as I found the coloured bulbs blew too regularly - perhaps the colour draws too much heat from the main beam bulb, don't really know? but haven't had a clear one blow for 12 months now. :)

Someone told me the other day to just use translucent nail varnish if you want to colour a bulb?