PDA

View Full Version : touch screen problems

krisby
11-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Firstly, it started out all working pukka, satnav was moving me round Japan somewhere, radio worked perfect and A/C present and correct.

However, for the last week, I can only access the radio and AC stuff while stationery, once I start moving I get warning beeps and some error message in japanese. Sometimes the satnav comes up and I appear to be in the ocean. I have reset back to a town or motorway but as soon as I start moving it goes back the ocean again. Can I actually disable the satnav?

secondly, I just bought the cd stacker off dickytim, he says his one was in the pocket on the side above the satnav unit, but my pocket is far too small and the brackets look oddly out of place, where else can it go, or where else do you guys have them installed? under the seat?

The passenger seat has a connection under it for something but I do not know what for.

If I can't figure it out I will have to take it in to an auto audio place to have it fitted, but hopefully I can find some existing wiring somewhere, namely power leads for the stacker.

Thanks

by the way, only a 25ST, but dash and LCD still same as VR4.

dickytim
11-09-2004, 09:34 AM
I had a thaught about this and drew a blank, all I can suggest is unplug **** and re plug it in, maybe eject the GPS cd, and put it in again, and find some one who reads Japanese.

Kieran
11-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Eject the GPS CD from the unit inthe boot. That will disable the satnav and leave you with just the radio and aircon.

The beeping is just there to warn you that driving into the sea may invalidate the warranty! :$ :-D

krisby
11-09-2004, 10:06 PM
removing the CD makes no difference, I tried that, drove around a while and it still beeped at me.

I did try taking the front panel off last night but not very successfully, will try again using someones suggestion of pushing from the behind through the glove box.

i3ooyah
12-09-2004, 02:22 PM
jus push the DSP button or DSPL to go bak to air cond mod.

& i'll take a pic of how u fit the cd stacker in the bak left pocket 2moz

krisby
13-09-2004, 04:01 AM
nothing would work to stop the gps overriding the display, so I disconnected the GPS aerial from the magic box and it worked, radio and AC are now working on the screen again.

AS for the CD player, that would be good. dickys appeared to have a cutout on the pocket, but mine is all one so without taking a knife to it it will not fit in the side pocket above the satnav, but I would be interested to see how yours is in there.

Thanks