PDA

View Full Version : boost guage today....HELP lol

Nitew4tcher
16-10-2010, 10:16 AM
ok

i have my guage

5 wires from guage red/white/black/green/orange.

boost sensor (little black box??) has red/black/white wires......which i assume connect to same wires on guage.

as for the orange and green....can i just cut them into orange/green from another source ie the panel for mirrors or sommat?

the black is a earth wire but without creating another spur from it it cannot be connected to earth...does it have to be earthed? (i guess so)

HELP :rolleyes3

thanks

elnevio
16-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Orange is *probably* illumination (i.e. night-time dimming). Not sure on green, possibly a link wire to other gauges, or even the power? I wouldn't chance just splicing into similar coloured wires in the loom though. What gauge is it? Do you not any instructions with it then?

Nitew4tcher
16-10-2010, 11:02 AM
its a motor meter racing? smoke guage series from r-spec

the distructions aint very clear really

but here we go

diagram from rear of guage

black = enginge ground
green= boost sensor
red = to ignition
orange = note
white = note

diagram from boost sensor

black= engine ground
red= to ignition
white= connect to back of guage green wire

so the white wire from sensor is the sinal carrier to guage (green)

black from sensor can connect to neg battery terminal? (as diagram shows)

red needs to be connected to ignition switch.

elnevio
16-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Right, almost certainly got it.

The orange and white wires control the type of illumination you have on the gauge when you turn the lights on. You can have it white all the time, amber all the time, white with the lights off/amber with the lights on, or amber with the lights off/white with the lights on, depending on which combination of the orange and white wires you connect to the illumination wire in the loom.

Looks like you've got the others sussed!

kNuTz
17-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Right, almost certainly got it.

The orange and white wires control the type of illumination you have on the gauge when you turn the lights on. You can have it white all the time, amber all the time, white with the lights off/amber with the lights on, or amber with the lights off/white with the lights on, depending on which combination of the orange and white wires you connect to the illumination wire in the loom.

Looks like you've got the others sussed!

I agree with the above, my prosport gauges have this set up too. I've just wired to be white all the time (so it looks like the dash).