PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Vr4 Stainless Steel Flexi Hoses.

Quad Al
12-09-2004, 07:52 PM
These sets are made from scratch by a Mitsui' mechanic.
I had him make a full set up for me so he kept the old hoses to use as templates. So mail me if you want some. They were tested at Silverstone last week and "by golly it now stops"! :-D. Couldn't believe the differance, this is the cheap way to make your brakes work as they should. I also fitted Mintex f4 gravel pads as well, and the mechanic guaranteed that i would not get brake fade with these pads. So much so he would supply and fit FREE OF CHARGE a set of Brembo 4pots if I did! :stunned: .
I would recommend a complete brake fluid change as well, some dot5 or similar to stop fluid boil.
I want around ten people who want the lines, then i will get him to make them up.
Price is £65. +p&p.
Supplied in the kit are:- 2 front lines, 2 rear lines with 4 copper washers and 2 banjos.
Please ask BigDaveAckers about the kit as we made up a set for him also.
CHEERS,
QuadAL. :D

Polabear
12-09-2004, 08:23 PM
These sets are made from scratch by a Mitsui' mechanic.
I had him make a full set up for me so he kept the old hoses to use as templates. So mail me if you want some. They were tested at Silverstone last week and "by golly it now stops"! :-D. Couldn't believe the differance, this is the cheap way to make your brakes work as they should. I also fitted Mintex f4 gravel pads as well, and the mechanic guaranteed that i would not get brake fade with these pads. So much so he would supply and fit FREE OF CHARGE a set of Brembo 4pots if I did! :stunned: .
I would recommend a complete brake fluid change as well, some dot5 or similar to stop fluid boil.
I want around ten people who want the lines, then i will get him to make them up.
Price is £65. +p&p.
Supplied in the kit are:- 2 front lines, 2 rear lines with 4 copper washers and 2 banjos.
Please ask BigDaveAckers about the kit as we made up a set for him also.
CHEERS,
QuadAL. :D

Put me down for a set Al... :D

Spirit
12-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Yep I'm in too ;)

borgan
12-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Me also

Spirit
12-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Copy and paste the list people ;)

Polabear
Spirit979
Borgan

Polabear
12-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Copy and paste the list people ;)

Polabear
Spirit979
Borgan

Also, don't forget to upgrade your brakefluid... ;)

landy
12-09-2004, 09:04 PM
And me

Polabear
Spirit979
Borgan
Landy

Wodjno
12-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Yup .. Sign Me Up Too .. To Much re-record and fade away .. re-record and fade away .. with my brakes especially at silverstone and i have the slowest VR4 here :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal

Polabear
Spirit979
Borgan
Landy
Wodjno

Physician
12-09-2004, 10:30 PM
May I ask one of you experts roughly how long it will take to fit these?

Polabear
Spirit979
Borgan
Landy
Wodjno
Physician

PS: Could I suggest that once we all have them fitted we unanimously let him know that our brakes are now much worse than before. In that way we can all get 4 pot Brembos for £65 :-D :sad3:

calum
12-09-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd quite like some of those too.

Thanks.

Calum

enigma
13-09-2004, 07:48 AM
It took me about 2 hours to change the pads discs and flexis, only because one of my calipers was ceased though! :veryangry :furious3:

Bank on maybe 45mins to change the hoses and another 45 mins to bleed the brakes through with all new fluid.

Legnum Boy
13-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Me too....

Heres the current-est list.... :p

Polabear
Spirit979
Borgan
Landy
Wodjno
Physician
Calum
Legnum Boy

wirdy
13-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Sorry Guys, cost is too much for me.
Will source elsewhere.

Physician
13-09-2004, 01:23 PM
It took me about 2 hours to change the pads discs and flexis, only because one of my calipers was ceased though! :veryangry :furious3:

Bank on maybe 45mins to change the hoses and another 45 mins to bleed the brakes through with all new fluid.

Thanks David :-D :-D

Polabear
15-09-2004, 09:53 AM
me to

Heres the current-est list.... :p

Spirit979
Borgan
Landy
Wodjno
Physician
Calum
Legnum Boy

Sorry Al, am talking to a local company who can make them here for me, with S/S fittings if need be for, dare I say it almost half the price, cheers anyway.... ;)

Spirit
15-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Got to watch the coffers to so I will also ask the Bear to get me some, sorry :$

Wodjno
15-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Sorry Al, am talking to a local company who can make them here for me, with S/S fittings if need be for, dare I say it almost half the price, cheers anyway.... ;)
Sorry Al that goes for me to .. The Bear has come up with a GooD offer .. ;)

enigma
15-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Whoa!!

I am not all that suprised you can get them cheaper, I am suprised you can get them THAT much cheaper especially with stainless fittings. Goodridge want something like £40 for a 'normal' set for an EVO or £120 for stainless ones :rolleyes5

wirdy
15-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Less money for brake lines=more money for Optimax :-D

Still think £66 is a bit steep for a non-retail price, but you pay your money & take your choice ;)

Polabear
15-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Less money for brake lines=more money for Optimax :-D

Still think £66 is a bit steep for a non-retail price, but you pay your money & take your choice ;)

I did say almost HALF the price Nige..... :rolleyes5

Ifn Ya'll interested new thread starts here......

Da Bear Red
Spirit979 Clear
Wirdy Carboline
WODJNO Sexy Blue
Calum Sexy Blue

Ok update, took car over to Woodford to use their ramp today, Ian from Exact engineering came round and measured up,mine will be ready friday. Cost is £30.95+drat, also if you want it you can have a clear or coloured vinyl coating which is bonded at the factory for an extra 50p a hose, now there is a stumbling block with the stainless, because one of the fittings is actually a Honda union this can not be got in stainless so I have opted for nickel plated steel, which will certainly see this car's day's out... :lipsrseal.....and mine.... :sad3: This company manufacture all the piece parts (apart from the raw hose) Ian has also put me in touch with a company manufacturing calipers from billet ally be it 4,6,pot at a damn resonable price...might even try out a set of their 4 or 6 pot myself at a fraction of the cost of people like AP and KAD.

Looky Here http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/

comments please.

BTW. The vinyl sheath colours I have so far are Clear,Red,Blue,Yellow, and a Carbon Fibre lookylike, I should have more tomorrow if there are any... :D

Ok,
I now have the complete colour selection for the hose sheathing, Clear,Red,Green,Yellow,Purple,Sexy Blue and Carboline the sexy blue is semi translucent there fore you can also see the braided weave underneath as is the Carboline which gives the effect of carbon fibre :rolleyes5

Wodjno
15-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Pola .. Any idea of timescale for these or does it depend on how many takers there are ??

wirdy
15-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Sean YHPM ;)

Polabear
15-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Pola .. Any idea of timescale for these or does it depend on how many takers there are ??

Well mine will be ready to fit friday, we don't anticipate any probs, and anyway they are right on my doorstep should anything need to be adjusted, hence the reason for mine being the trial run... but get your names down ASAP and I will see what Ian can do.... ;)

Polabear
15-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Sean YHPM ;)

Nige YHPM.... :rolleyes5

Physician
16-09-2004, 03:46 AM
Oh gawd ...... two seperate 'offers' and as I'm no expert on these matters I'm going to pass quadal - sorry, I don't like messing you about. I'm seeing an expert on braking systems early next week and will take his advice. :dozey:

Polabear
16-09-2004, 08:55 AM

WODJNO YHPM.... ;)

Polabear
16-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Ok,
I now have the complete colour selection for the hose sheathing, Clear,Red,Green,Yellow,Purple,Sexy Blue and Carboline the sexy blue is semi translucent there fore you can also see the braided weave underneath as is the Carboline which gives the effect of carbon fibre :rolleyes5

calum
17-09-2004, 12:20 AM
What's that? Save money you say? No, I think I'll ...

What am I saying? I'm a tight fisted scotsman. Cheaper the better for me, thanks!

Hi-spec make some decent kit. Just take about half an eon to do so.

Just one question. Are both sets of brake lines here the full set (four corners)?

If so, the cheaper set with a sexy blue covering for me.

Cheers,

Calum

Polabear
17-09-2004, 04:32 PM
What's that? Save money you say? No, I think I'll ...

What am I saying? I'm a tight fisted scotsman. Cheaper the better for me, thanks!

Hi-spec make some decent kit. Just take about half an eon to do so.

Just one question. Are both sets of brake lines here the full set (four corners)?

If so, the cheaper set with a sexy blue covering for me.

Cheers,

Calum

Full set of 4 Calum and I have added you to the list. I am trying to get all orders done up ready for the pod meet... ;)

Rally205
17-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Can I have a set in Red please :-D

Polabear
17-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Add names to thread ere...... :rolleyes5

Wirdy - Carboline
WODJNO - Sexy Blue
Calum - Sexy Blue
Rally 205 - Red
Sprocket - Plain Braided
legnum Boy - Carboline
Dan_G - Sexy Blue

Legnum Boy
17-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Add names to thread ere...... :p

Da Bear - Red
Wirdy - Carboline
WODJNO - Sexy Blue
Calum Sexy - Blue
Rally 205 - Red
Legnum Boy - Carboline

Please PM me the details Mr Bear..

Apologies quadal.... this is too good to pass up... :rolleyes:

sprocket
17-09-2004, 06:33 PM
could i have a set ordered please, just in plain stainless.
only problem i aint going to the pod so would you mind posting them up to the notheast or if any one is passing afterwards i could meet somwhere

Polabear
17-09-2004, 06:41 PM
only problem i aint going to the pod so would you mind posting them up to the notheast or if any one is passing afterwards i could meet somwhere

OH I... where abouts in the northeast then...? :D

wirdy
17-09-2004, 09:39 PM

I'll pick them up for you at 'Pod if you want. Then just pop down to Leeming on the A1 to get them.

Quad Al
18-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Borgan, do you still want me to get some lines made up for you? please reply with appropriate mailing address or will you be at the Pod on the 10th. I take it your brakes are standard, please let me know?.
Cheers,
Al.
Me also

sprocket
18-09-2004, 08:19 PM
bear - i'm in houghton le spring on the a690 between durham city and sunderland
wirdy - that would be great i can pick them up anytime, im always in richmond ( almost 2nd home) :D

Polabear
18-09-2004, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=sprocket]bear - i'm in houghton le spring on the a690 between durham city and sunderland
QUOTE]

I know it well, I originate from Consett, left in the early 70's ....... :D

SGHOM
18-09-2004, 10:49 PM
As mine have failed to arrive from POTN !! [ 7 day delivery, now 4 weeks on !! ] I'll have a set Al !! pretty please !! :$

wirdy
18-09-2004, 11:48 PM
wirdy - that would be great i can pick them up anytime, im always in richmond ( almost 2nd home) :D

Even closer for you then......my folks live at Catterick, I'll drop them off with my Dad for you to pick up. Assume payment etc will all be sorted by you then- direct with Polabear.

I love it when a plan comes together ;)

Pola - how did the trial install go?

Polabear
19-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Pola - how did the trial install go?

Still waiting for the Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn brake fluid to arrive...... :rolleyes5 hopefully monday then they will be sorted.. :D

Physician
19-09-2004, 03:57 AM

Small world isn't it ......... I used to spend a lot of time there at a Company named Bursgreen (Woodworking m/c's) ...... in the '70's also.

sprocket
19-09-2004, 03:06 PM
let me know your address and i will get a cheque of to you asap. so you will be no stranger to snow then even in september! comming from up that end of the world

Polabear
20-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Ok,
My braided hoses are being fitted tomorrow so all those who ordered keep your eyes peeled, also I take it that all who have ordered are running stock calipers...?

Rally205
21-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Good point!

Can I have mine 2 inches longer than standard please?
Oooh misses! :-D

Polabear
21-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Good point!

Can I have mine 2 inches longer than standard please?
Oooh misses! :-D

Is that All 4 hoses Marcus..?

Polabear
21-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Marcus YHPM

Sean.

Polabear
21-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Ok last call for hoses if Ya'll want to get them for the Pod meet......

Wirdy - Carboline
WODJNO - Sexy Blue
Calum - Sexy Blue
Rally 205 - Red + 2" all round
Sprocket - Plain Braided
legnum Boy - Carboline
Dan_G - Sexy Blue

Polabear
21-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Ok I got me some nice Noo red hoses, they fitted first time no problem no adjustments ..nada..so all is now ready for the run of them......car now stops like a Biaatch with her draws round her ankles..... :lipsrseal

wirdy
21-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Just out of interest - why the extra 2" on Rally205's set?
I know .....we're an inquisitive bunch eh?

Polabear
22-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Just out of interest - why the extra 2" on Rally205's set?
I know .....we're an inquisitive bunch eh?

Just like the rhiendeer with no eys Wirdy..I have no idea, I put a post up asking if everyone who has ordered hoses was running stock calipers, and Marcus came back with an extra 2" all round.....me hasa no idea man...

Rally205
22-09-2004, 03:33 PM
I have Brembos fitted and the stock lines are stretched a little to fit so an extra couple of inches will give me the right amount of flexibility. Braided hoses are not as flexible as the original rubber hoses and will not stand up to any sort of twisting as the wheel turns lock to lock ( I know from experience with the rally car!!!! ). You must make sure that they are properly fitted or whoops no brakes :rolleyes5

By the way it is only the fronts that need to be longer thanks.

Marcus

wirdy
22-09-2004, 10:01 PM
I have Brembos fitted.....

Now I see why :)

Polabear
23-09-2004, 09:45 AM
I have Brembos fitted and the stock lines are stretched a little to fit so an extra couple of inches will give me the right amount of flexibility. Braided hoses are not as flexible as the original rubber hoses and will not stand up to any sort of twisting as the wheel turns lock to lock ( I know from experience with the rally car!!!! ). You must make sure that they are properly fitted or whoops no brakes :rolleyes5

By the way it is only the fronts that need to be longer thanks.

Marcus

Oky Doky...duly noted Marcus.....

Louis
08-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi there,
Did this all happen and did you all get your brake hoses?, I would like a set of these also if it is still possible to get them, cheers Louis

wirdy
08-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi there,
Did this all happen and did you all get your brake hoses?, I would like a set of these also if it is still possible to get them, cheers Louis

We all got them & were well happy.

You've just missed the second order I believe....

See THIS THREAD (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10000&highlight=brake+lines)

Louis
08-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Ta, I will check it out.