PDA

View Full Version : Placement of APEXi stuff...

Legnum Boy
12-09-2004, 09:31 PM
OK, so this aint a major technical issue.... (first time for me ;) )

I have been going silly out of my mind thinking about where to put the AVC-R and RSM units (+ G-sensor) when they arrive??

Currently, I have the RSM (without G-sensor) wedged nicely in the sunglasses hold ( how swish... :$ ) but with the arrival of the G-sensor and the AVC-R, it will not fit there anymore.

Any suggestions, before I commence and start hacking at the dash with a blunt stanley blade.. :Eyecrazy:

Spirit
12-09-2004, 09:36 PM
My RSM is on the proper Apexi stand in front of the ashtray, which is removed so the cables are fed through where it was and the G sensor is placed under the box in the armrest (nice flat metal plate under there to put it on).

BDA has his AVC-R where the clock used to be ;)

Legnum Boy
12-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Hmmm... I will look at placing the units in front of the ashtray when they arrive.
My only concern there would be the gap between the gearlever (in park) and the face of the units. Looks like it could be a squeeze..

Will keep ya'll updated... :rolleyes:

Oblivion
07-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Rather than start a new thread I'll ask here... I'm thinking of getting a G sensor for my RSM, is it easy to put in? I've looked at the manual that came with it and the unit itself and it doesnt look like its a simple plug in thing:thinking:

thehedgepig
07-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Or you could try it like this.....

Spirit
07-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Rather than start a new thread I'll ask here... I'm thinking of getting a G sensor for my RSM, is it easy to put in? I've looked at the manual that came with it and the unit itself and it doesnt look like its a simple plug in thing:thinking:

If I remember, it is a simple plug in thing........mine was pre-wired and just connected to the bottom of the RSM

stuartturbo
08-01-2009, 09:01 PM
mine is in place of the clock
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=2220