PDA

View Full Version : New car

mrlewty
20-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi, CVR-4

After many hours of battleing with my self and what the club has said to me, ive decided to not drive my legnum ( under my nans insurance ) as my first car, im tottaly gutted tbh, but thinking about it sensibley its probably the right thing to do.
i possibley would have used it more than my nan which in turn would of made the insurance void.
i also now agree 'it may be a bit to powefull' for a first time driver such as my self. i do plan to keep the beast for when im a little older and a little more wiser to the roads.

But as the tittle says, not all is lost.

ive been out and got my self a galant estate equippe. it is a black 53 plate car. 6 months tax, 5 months mot.
it has factory fitted reverse parking sensors, 17'' rims with all very good tyres, full black leather which is ' as new' and the multichanger under the passanger seat and service history up to 110,00 miles and tons of receipts for all sorts of bits, also has all the original components eg, cargo net, tool kit.

now for the not so good points.

it has a noisey thrust bearing on the clutch ( ive been told it will last the life time of the car, but god dam is it annoying ), the front bumper is not the original, some one must of had a bump and bought a new bumper and got it cheaply sprayed. and also a little bit of an oil leak from under the bonnet, which im yet to find out where from.

but the best part of all the price.............. £450

pics are to follow very shortly, i was going to add on to the bottom but its asking me to contacts administrator.

mrlewty
20-10-2010, 07:38 PM

BraindG
pics are to follow very shortly, i was going to add on to the bottom but its asking me to contacts administrator.

Which tool are you trying to use? the attachments link at the bottom? or the uploader feature?

Humpty's Revenge
Well I must congratulate you upon a sensible decision & congratulate you again for a great purchase.

It`s great to see someone listening to what`s been said and admitting to it!:beerchug:

chris g
20-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Nice car, good purchase and a bargain...

Kryton
20-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Nicely doen, but hate to tell you, it looks more like an elegance (if it has climate it defo is)! This does however mean that its worth more I'm affraid lol. Good find!

Kryton
20-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Nicely doen, but hate to tell you, it looks more like an elegance (if it has climate it defo is)! This does however mean that its worth more I'm affraid lol. Good find!

Ignore that, looks like its just the leather upgrade now I can view on my computer. Still, complete bargain and ideal for specing up the vr4 once you have finished with it!

Beastlee
20-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Good find and a bobby bargain.

Rep given for taking on board what was said before and acting on it, you'll not regret doing it.

HMG1K
28-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I've just come across this thread - beautiful car and what a price!

Never have I seen a Galant on a 53 plate - the latest was on an 03 - so a late-late registered car!

Nice all round!

666damned
28-11-2010, 06:42 PM
looks like a real bargain................

Pugme
28-11-2010, 06:47 PM
im confused, 53 plate with the pfl rear end??

or did they not chage ther back end on the galants?

dave-at-home
28-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Nice one Mr L. Look forward to see you blasting around Cannock in the new wheels.

elnevio
28-11-2010, 07:13 PM
im confused, 53 plate with the pfl rear end??

or did they not chage ther back end on the galants?

Pretty much - the rear end was not changed on EUDM Galant estates, and the rear components were never EU Type Approved. Thus all EUDM 8G Galant Estates had the 'PFL' rear end. :)

andydckent
28-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Pretty much - the rear end was not changed on EUDM Galant estates, and the rear components were never EU Type Approved. Thus all EUDM 8G Galant Estates had the 'PFL' rear end. :)

Best of both worlds then!