PDA

View Full Version : CVR4 V2: Reported issues/bugs following upgrade

elnevio
23-10-2010, 03:12 PM
This thread is purely for the purpose of reporting bugs and issues following the upgrade, that you may find while using the forum. Please note that there is no need to mention site aesthetics, as some of this is still work in progress, and will be addressed over the next few few weeks. Functionality was the key driver to keep downtime to a minimum.

So, it would be helpful if you could report issues, along the following guidelines:

- What the issue is
- How you got there
- Post a link if possible
- Screenshot if relevant
- System details, i.e. Operating system and browser (e.g. Windows XP SP3 and Internet Explorer 8)

Whilst some comments may warrant a response, it is expected that most matters reported on this thread will not be answered here, but please note that all issues raised will be addressed in due course.

Thanks in advance for your input! :2thumbsup

Know items.
2. Default Forum Buttons
4. Large usernames not wrapping correctly in IE
5. Update Footer with CVR4 Copyright info
6. Mitsubishi logo\icon not showing on borwsers - need to move the .ico file back to the root of clubvr4.
7. Longer thread titles don't wrap around
8. thread titles seem to stay highlighted even if you are the last person to view or post on them.
9. the default avatars are missing

When you look at the useful posts (ie. once someone finds your post useful) info in your profile it doesn't list the topic title just the post number.

Also I've found that the page links at the top and bottom of the page (<<First < > Next>>) are slightly lower than the drop down and numbers next to them.

Completed
3. New reply doesnt open up advanced posting - please see HOW TO guide in the HOW TO Forum.
1. Large gap between text and signature
10. One posts 24Hr read posts are still bold, makes hard to know what you have read.

BraindG
23-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Inline Attachments are not working, only showing link.

aboo
23-10-2010, 06:32 PM
You probably know about this guys but thought I'd mention it just in case.

I just uploaded a pic & it appears as a link. No probs there but when you go to view it & you click the cross top right hand corner like I used to on the old site to come back to the site it disconnects you.

BraindG
23-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeps, we running a reindex on the database aswell - so not going to troubleshoot untill this has completed.
Thanks for heads up.

Wal
23-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or not but I'm not a paid member yet and pre upgrade I had access to the parts for sale threads, now I get the access denied message.

I can still view the cars for sale threads!

BraindG
23-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or not but I'm not a paid member yet and pre upgrade I had access to the parts for sale threads, now I get the access denied message.

I can still view the cars for sale threads!
Could you try that now please?

BraindG
23-10-2010, 09:54 PM
You probably know about this guys but thought I'd mention it just in case.

I just uploaded a pic & it appears as a link. No probs there but when you go to view it & you click the cross top right hand corner like I used to on the old site to come back to the site it disconnects you.

I believe this to be resolved now.

bradc
23-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Found one minor problem so far

aboo
23-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Looks like it Barry:thumbsup:

elnevio
23-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Found one minor problem so far

Now in the correct thread - please pay attention Mr C! :P

elnevio
23-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Need to update the copyright information at the foot of each page with the CVR4-specific info. :)

welshman010
23-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Very very minor one. No Mitsubishi logo\icon on my tab anymore.

BraindG
23-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Very very minor one. No Mitsubishi logo\icon on my tab anymore.

Which tab is this?

elnevio
23-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Just spotted:

- Skype link under Braindg's profile info on posts is in words, without icon.

- Longer thread titles don't wrap around, e.g. see attached:

welshman010
23-10-2010, 11:29 PM
On firefox got my usual sites on my navigation toolbar. FB, Torrentleech, ClubVR4, ClubVR4 got what looks like a blank document symbol. Use to be Mitsubishi logo.

Davezj
23-10-2010, 11:30 PM
what has happened to the subscribed threads, i was watching about 400 threads, i can't find where they are now.

what has happened to the individual user area, that you used to get to your pm's etc. is it only accessible from the very top of the page marked as notifications.
these are just question and not bugs.
so please move to the correct thread if appropriate, but there does not seem to be thread dedicated to help for new version of site.

Davezj
23-10-2010, 11:33 PM
thread titles seem to stay highlighted even if you are the last person to view or post on them.
they used to change from highlighted to a less bright text to show you had already read the thread.

BraindG
23-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Dave,

you should find them in your profile, under "My Subscriptions"

from the drop down at the top, select edit profile, then look down the left side.

Things are a wee bit different, granted - if things can be made easier i will.

BraindG
23-10-2010, 11:36 PM
On firefox got my usual sites on my navigation toolbar. FB, Torrentleech, ClubVR4, ClubVR4 got what looks like a blank document symbol. Use to be Mitsubishi logo.

Good point, we need to move the *.ico file back to the root of the site..

Thanks, ill address this.

aboo
23-10-2010, 11:40 PM
It would be nice for new threads to disappear once you've looked at them or posted on them until someone else post. Like it did before if that makes sense.

BraindG
23-10-2010, 11:43 PM
It would be nice for new threads to disappear once you've looked at them or posted on them until someone else post. Like it did before if that makes sense.

I should still do this..

Whats New - replaces "New Posts" on the old site - whats new will now pull new articles, events and threads - hence the name change.
Posts 24hr = shows everything in the last 24 hours.

aboo
23-10-2010, 11:50 PM
I should still do this..

Whats New - replaces "New Posts" on the old site - whats new will now pull new articles, events and threads - hence the name change.
Posts 24hr = shows everything in the last 24 hours.

Sorry about that. See what you meen/duh:coat

Spirit
23-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Under the T&C's, section 5 (User Prohibitations) there seems to be an unfinished sentence.....although maybe I am reading it wrong. Should there be further info on an extended ban or something for doing such a thing ?

It's this one:

"Members given posting bans found to be registering one or more new users or using other usernames (whether previously registered by them or registered by others) in order to post and/or reply."

pitslayer
24-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Any members profile, when you go to the about me bit, the about me stuff is half way down the page.

2 points I want to raise and this is probably the best place for it.

1, Name requirement, some people like to keep their name private, I don't think it should be mandatory to supply a name, we use usernames because that is how we wish to be indentified, the choice of revealing our real name should be up to us, not a requirement, could see that putting some members off, I know if I was just joining up I wouldn't be too happy about putting my real name down, and it would just get a . or something else in the box.

2. Countdown timer on the rules page, how annoying, I noticed it at about 40 seconds, so went to another website I was browsing and waited for the countdown timer to finish, a countdown timer wont make people read the rules, it will make them navigate away from the page till the timer has ended, this is how I read the rules and agreements page
loads up
Scrolls down a bit
Notices how long the scroll down slide is on the side
Skip to bottom
See countdown timer
Navigate to another page and come back in a few minutes, none the wiser and click submit.

I can't say I really know of anyone who reads terms and conditions etc anymore, it is all the same, read one read them all tick the box be over and done with, if you fall foul of the rules on the board, someone will let you know, countdown timer pretty pointless and annoying feature imho :)

Of course that is all my opinion, just trying to offer something constructive :)

Davezj
24-10-2010, 11:55 AM
i just got a Notification about my membership needing renewal but it is not due to feb next year.
the duration of membership also states feb 2009 to feb 2011 which is 2 years.

just some points not really important but best to log them for future perusal.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 12:04 PM
i just got a Notification about my membership needing renewal but it is not due to feb next year.

Do you mean the yellow notification at the top of the forum?

Davezj
24-10-2010, 12:09 PM
What do the different coloured envelopes mean at the side of the Thread titles.
Yellow go Blue when you read the post.
but the Rad ones don't change when you read them.
some Red ones are sticky threads some are not. are they commitee threads or something.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Dont worry to much about those icons, ill be changing them shortly.

However,
Red ones are "Hot" threads.
Grey ones are read.
Orange is new

I do need to change it so that the thread title colour fades when you have read the thread.

Hope this helps a wee bit?

elnevio
24-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Yep, faded or non-bold titles is a big help, IMO.

Anyway, interesting little glitch I've spotted a couple of times (but not always) is when you hover over the Club VR-4 logo at the top left, the underlying image changes!

This occurrence was after I had done a search, and after a couple of minutes inadvertently hovered over the logo, and the image changed as per this screenshot:

Using Windows 7 and Firefox 3.6.3.

EDIT: It seems to be almost every time after doing a Posts 24H or What's New search

Spirit
24-10-2010, 01:55 PM
When I click on "New Reply" a little "refresh" type icon flashes up but nothing happens. Can only seem to reply using the "Quick Reply" box.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 02:17 PM
When I click on "New Reply" a little "refresh" type icon flashes up but nothing happens. Can only seem to reply using the "Quick Reply" box.

Please see the following guide, there are some new posting features.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?52561-HOW-TO-New-Posting-Features.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Yep, faded or non-bold titles is a big help, IMO.

Anyway, interesting little glitch I've spotted a couple of times (but not always) is when you hover over the Club VR-4 logo at the top left, the underlying image changes!

This occurrence was after I had done a search, and after a couple of minutes inadvertently hovered over the logo, and the image changed as per this screenshot:

Using Windows 7 and Firefox 3.6.3.

EDIT: It seems to be almost every time after doing a Posts 24H or What's New search

Odd, i have set the background image to rotate, so it dpes this automatically every minute (i think i set it to) - will look into this glitch tho.. cheers Nev

Spirit
24-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Please see the following guide, there are some new posting features.

Ahhh, double click now.....cheers Barry :2thumbsup

TAR
24-10-2010, 02:57 PM
In multi-page threads, I see this in the pages navigation...

:happy:

BraindG
24-10-2010, 03:03 PM
In multi-page threads, I see this in the pages navigation...

Cracking spot!

Beastlee
24-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Excellent work guys, have spottedc an annoyance rather than a potential bug. Ont the old version you sig was included in the space under your post so that the combined right half of your posting was the same size as the user info block on the left. Now there's a huge gap between the bottom of your written text and the sig as it puts the sig under the bottom of the user info. Does that make sense? I tried to explain in a quick ASCII diagram but the forum stips out the white space and made it unreadable.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Lee,

Yep aware of this one, i needs a rewrite of the postbit area to rectify - the signature starts where your profile info ends..

Thanks for heads up.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I have updated the first thread with summary off issues.

Uray25
24-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Can't change or set my Avatar...

BraindG
24-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Can't change or set my Avatar...

You should be able to upload new ones, ican do this on a test account - I have however noticed that the default avatars are missing, we will look into this.

Thanks

Beastlee
24-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Sorry, got another prob. When recieving notification of a new PM it prompts me to open in a new window, when I say yes it just closes, no new window. Happens on Firefox 3.6.10, not tested on IE yet.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Sorry, got another prob. When recieving notification of a new PM it prompts me to open in a new window, when I say yes it just closes, no new window. Happens on Firefox 3.6.10, not tested on IE yet.

Isn't that a FF thing, dont you have to allow popups from clubvr4?

Beastlee
24-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Was working Thursday and have always allowed Pop-Ups before. This just doesn't do anything at all, not even a warning about pop-ups.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Was working Thursday and have always allowed Pop-Ups before. This just doesn't do anything at all, not even a warning about pop-ups.

Did you try flushing cookies?

Beastlee
24-10-2010, 07:43 PM
the duration of membership also states feb 2009 to feb 2011 which is 2 years.

I too have a permanent notification that my subscription is due for renewal in March 2011. Clicking it takes me to the renewal payment screen. It's under the notifications drop-down at the top bof the page.

Have also found that it's taking quite a few clicks and a lot of digging to to get to simple things that were immediately available before. More UI improvements than bugs, it's nice that the top is less cluttered but it seems to be at the cost of easy access. The most critical one is that there's no one click button to get to the forum list.

EDIT: Have now flushed cookies, can someone PM me to test pls.

BraindG
24-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Excellent work guys, have spottedc an annoyance rather than a potential bug. Ont the old version you sig was included in the space under your post so that the combined right half of your posting was the same size as the user info block on the left. Now there's a huge gap between the bottom of your written text and the sig as it puts the sig under the bottom of the user info. Does that make sense? I tried to explain in a quick ASCII diagram but the forum stips out the white space and made it unreadable.

Fixed /Banana

elnevio
24-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah! :bananadan

Beastlee
24-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Fixed /Banana

That's better, no need to scroll 3 million times to see the next post LOL

Thanks for the work.

EDIT: PMs appear to be working now too, must have been a cookies issue. Thanks again.

aboo
24-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Its not showing time of new post when your looking at the thread list. Your only getting 7/8/9 etc

mattnz
25-10-2010, 05:11 AM
The icons beside the subforums don't seem to reset from orange to grey one once I have viewed the new threads. Don't know if this is just me :)

miller
25-10-2010, 08:53 AM
I like the look straightaway, may take my old brain a while to get used to it! Good work guys!

Oh and whats with the scroll bars in every single post? Surely thats not necessary? Just reading this thread and a number of posts in here I have had to scroll each one individually, is that right or have I personally missed a setting?

Cheers

Mike

edit: oh and wheres the 'new posts' clicky? can only see posts 24hrs?

elnevio
25-10-2010, 08:56 AM
I like the look straightaway, may take my old brain a while to get used to it! Good work guys!

Oh and whats with the scroll bars in every single post? Surely thats not necessary? Just reading this thread and a number of posts in here I have had to scroll each one individually, is that right or have I personally missed a setting?

Cheers

Mike

Doesn't sound quite right?! Take a screenshot and paste it into the bugs/issues thread. :)

miller
25-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Here you go!

DOH, this aint the bugs thread..soz!

BraindG
25-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Here you go!

DOH, this aint the bugs thread..soz!

Hmm, nots not right, let me disable this feature.

BraindG
25-10-2010, 09:05 AM
edit: oh and wheres the 'new posts' clicky? can only see posts 24hrs?

This is now called Whats New, this is because it will now also not only pull new posts but also new events, new articles and new items in the resource library.

BraindG
25-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Posts 24Hr visited links is fixed.

BraindG
25-10-2010, 10:00 AM

Is it any better now on your IE?

BraindG
25-10-2010, 10:31 AM
I too have a permanent notification that my subscription is due for renewal in March 2011. Clicking it takes me to the renewal payment screen. It's under the notifications drop-down at the top bof the page.
Is this now resolved? i made a change,

the notice should not appear till 14 days prior to your subscription expiring.

Atik
25-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Yep, the renewal message at the top has disappeared for me :)

Mike's issue seems weird though, /lol

Following on from Pete's comment about not seeing the correct 'reply' button, I see a 'Quick Reply' text box at the bottom of EVERY page. I saw it on the old CVR4 site too. The new one has formatting options too which is excellent.

peter thomson
25-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Is the info from our garages anywhere or has it been lost. I did not have the chance to save it as I had too many other things going on recently

BraindG
25-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Is the info from our garages anywhere or has it been lost. I did not have the chance to save it as I had too many other things going on recently

It is however, hopefully our garage will be online fully functional soon - just experiencing some technical issues which i have raised with the developer.

peter thomson
25-10-2010, 10:57 AM
It is however, hopefully our garage will be online fully functional soon - just experiencing some technical issues which i have raised with the developer.

Thanks Barry

Atik
25-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Spotted something that could do with a tweak.

When searching for a topic, if you open up a thread/article from the results, the text that you searched for is highlighted white. And as the font colour is a very light blue, its almost impossible to read. Maybe change the way the results are highlighted?

Beastlee
25-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Notification gone now, thanks.

BraindG
25-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Spotted something that could do with a tweak.

When searching for a topic, if you open up a thread/article from the results, the text that you searched for is highlighted white. And as the font colour is a very light blue, its almost impossible to read. Maybe change the way the results are highlighted?

Super find! - Modified it to fall inline with colour scheme.

Beastlee
25-10-2010, 02:39 PM
When you look at the useful posts (ie. once someone finds your post useful) info in your profile it doesn't list the topic title just the post number. Now that I notice it, there's no way to see the listed items once the notification has gone.

Also I've found that the page links at the top and bottom of the page (<<First < > Next>>) are slightly lower than the drop down and numbers next to them.

Sorry to make more work :operator:

BraindG
25-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Posts 24Hr visited links is fixed.
Fixed it properly now :)

BraindG
25-10-2010, 03:36 PM
When you look at the useful posts (ie. once someone finds your post useful) info in your profile it doesn't list the topic title just the post number.

Ill look into this

Now that I notice it, there's no way to see the listed items once the notification has gone.

Nice spot, ive added a link "Useful Answers" under Miscellaneous in User CP

Ill look into this

elnevio
25-10-2010, 06:37 PM
A few more things!

1. Once replies go into 3 figures, and/or views go into 4 figures, the views and replies counters on the relevant thread wrap onto the next line:

2. On my profile page, and anyone else's that I look at, it says 'Forum Rules NOT Accepted'?

3. Is there any way of keeping track of who PMs have been sent to when there's more than one recipient (i.e. you can see which other recipients it's been sent/CCed to)?

Just more musings/ramblings! :)

BraindG
25-10-2010, 07:06 PM
1. Once replies go into 3 figures, and/or views go into 4 figures, the views and replies counters on the relevant thread wrap onto the next line:

Sorted

2. On my profile page, and anyone else's that I look at, it says 'Forum Rules NOT Accepted'?
Thats cos you are in committee, also only committee can see who has and who hasnt accepted.

A few more things!
3. Is there any way of keeping track of who PMs have been sent to when there's more than one recipient (i.e. you can see which other recipients it's been sent/CCed to)?

You can see this from your Sent items folder, the names are under the PM Subject.

elnevio
25-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Thats cos you are in committee, also only committee can see who has and who hasnt accepted.
Fair enough, but I meant it looks like nobody has accepted the rules!

You can see this from your Sent items folder, the names are under the PM Subject.
Sorry, I mean where you've received a PM from someone who's sent it to several people. Previously, you couldn't see the other recipients.

Davezj
25-10-2010, 08:58 PM
i haven't read the complete thread but i thought i would mention this one.

Why does the forum menu list keep on changing the line up of titles.
some times "posts 24hr" is top some times it is 4th in the list, it doesn't make sense.

BraindG
25-10-2010, 09:11 PM
i haven't read the complete thread but i thought i would mention this one.

Why does the forum menu list keep on changing the line up of titles.
some times "posts 24hr" is top some times it is 4th in the list, it doesn't make sense.
hehehe, that was a good one! - sorted i think (i didnt define an order for the 4 that were rotating up and down..)

miller
25-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Its doing my head in having to scroll through every single post within a thread to see whats happening! Surely thats not right? And surely Its not just me seeing this?

aboo
25-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Is it just me or is the site running really slow?

Lillywotsername
25-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Ok Maybe I am being a bit thick.... But I have just been on the home page link to flash chat, put in my user name and password as prompted and hit enter. I then get a nice message that I have been BANNED. Is that cos I am only an associate member and no longer have access to chat or is this a bug? Sorry if this has been broached before X

Jane
25-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Pretty sure it is still to be set up Lorrs, so its nothing personal :D

Lillywotsername
25-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Ta Hun X

Davezj
25-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Is the site running particularly slowly at the moment.

when i click into a reply box it can take anywhere up to 20 seconds to actually give me a cursur in the box so i can start typing.

then if use the mouse to highlight something it takes even longer to respond.

or is it just me.

c0xxy
26-10-2010, 12:45 AM
i'm finding that the site randomly freezes for 10s or so. using chrome, can open up other tabs and use them fine, return to tab with cvr4 open and still froze. few more seconds and then it carries on doing what it was doing. earlier today, it was locking the whole browser up for same periods. its usually when i open a link from a post then try going back to the forum as that loads.
but all the menus work now, and on me phone, so well chuffed :-D :-D :-D

The Vee
26-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Had a bit of trouble getting on forum this morning, but came across this;

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below. Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Made I larf:0

sy666
26-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I had a message asking me to put in my reigon and first name, page the link took me to had no where to put my name??!!! :quasi:

The Vee
26-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Think that maybe something for the issues thread - it was the V-bulletin message I liked!

Atik
26-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Just moved a couple of posts above (Andy and Sy) to this thread as it was posted in The Priory.

I also noticed the same things. I'd like to change by birthdate too please :p and there was nowhere to put a name when it sent me to the Profile page.

Wal
26-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm getting the vBulletin message too telling me to update my profile with Region and First Name but when you click the link there is nowhere to put it!

Wal
26-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Could you try that now please?

Apologies for the late reply Barry but this is now working! (where I couldn't look at the parts for sale threads)

col1n
26-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm getting the vBulletin message too telling me to update my profile with Region and First Name but when you click the link there is nowhere to put it!
even though i done it 2 days ago

BraindG
26-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Ive changed this text to yellow to make it more obvious.

...and complete the following required fields - If applicable, you may have already completed the name field

:D

miller
26-10-2010, 03:53 PM

Barry,

No luck in disabling this feature? The scrolling in each post feature?

BraindG
26-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Barry,

No luck in disabling this feature? The scrolling in each post feature?

It should be fixed, is this not the case for you, if not what version you on?

Beastlee
26-10-2010, 04:18 PM
even though i done it 2 days ago

I was getting this and found that re-selecting my region fixed it.

miller
26-10-2010, 07:45 PM
It should be fixed, is this not the case for you, if not what version you on?

No its still here? I presume its Windows version you mean? I think its XP......eek!

BraindG
26-10-2010, 07:46 PM
No its still here? I presume its Windows version you mean? I think its XP......eek!
I need to know what browser you are using, normally you can get this from going to the help drop down and then select about.

Davezj
26-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Is the site running particularly slowly at the moment.

when i click into a reply box it can take anywhere up to 20 seconds to actually give me a cursur in the box so i can start typing.

then if use the mouse to highlight something it takes even longer to respond.

or is it just me.

Site is running much quick tonight. has anything actually been do to fix something or is it just coincidental.

BraindG
26-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Ive not noticed any difference tbh Dave, i've been on all day sorting things.

Davezj
26-10-2010, 09:19 PM
sorry barry i really meant today was much quicker.

Nick Mann
26-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I also have been asked to fill out my region and first name again today. And as others have said, the first name field was no longer displayed on the page.

BraindG
26-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I also have been asked to fill out my region and first name again today. And as others have said, the first name field was no longer displayed on the page.

Did you not see the text that says if applicable, you may have already completed this field? - im worried now.

Davezj
26-10-2010, 09:53 PM
i was asked that to and when i click save it just kept going back saying i had not filled it out fully. then i got miffed with it and just click or the forum menu and it let me go back to the posts.

GroundControl
27-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Not sure if it's been reported or not...

If you choose 'Mark Forums Read' from the dropdown it doesn't work (URL seems to be missing the 'markreadhash' parameter that the one on the shortcut bar thing has).

vBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Also, there's no obvious link to the forum index page. The home link instead takes you to the 'Introduction' page, which isn't really what I expected. It seems clicking the logo takes you there (and I see now it's in the Forum dropdown). Maybe move the forum index link up onto the shortcut bar?

Also, the countdown timer on the rules page is rather annoying, and I suspect unlikely to actually get people to read the page any more than they'll flick to another tab and do something else until it times out...

BraindG
27-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I have removed the mark forums read from the dropdown, thanks!

As a fwe people have asked for the forum root link to be placed somewhere more avaialble ill look into adding this ASAP.

miller
27-10-2010, 09:07 AM
I need to know what browser you are using, normally you can get this from going to the help drop down and then select about.

Its the normal IE 8, not google chrome or firefox or anything like that. Cheers

elnevio
27-10-2010, 09:13 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?53126-Rough-noise-from-engine

The sound clip (well, zip file) is not showing in the post, although it has been attached.

BraindG
27-10-2010, 09:33 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?53126-Rough-noise-from-engine

The sound clip (well, zip file) is not showing in the post, although it has been attached.

You cant inline anything other than images :)

Atik
27-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Getting that image rotation problem again this morning.

I've managed to replicate the error:
When I click on my shortcut link (on the Firefox toolbar), it works fine.
When I click the logo in area A, the resulting window will open fine but if I hover over the logo, the backgound shifts.
When I click on any of the headings in area C, the page opens fine and there are no errors.
When I click any of the heading in area D, I get the error.
When I click any of the thread titles in area E, the page works fine.
Edit: In area B, if I click 'Forum', all subsequent pages work fine. If I click any of the other sub-headings, I get the error.

So it appears to be related to the header logo and the forum area titles.

miller
27-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I have removed the mark forums read from the dropdown, thanks!

As a fwe people have asked for the forum root link to be placed somewhere more avaialble ill look into adding this ASAP.

Barry! Looks like its fixed!!!! Thats much better!

Cheers!

BraindG
27-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Also, there's no obvious link to the forum index page. The home link instead takes you to the 'Introduction' page, which isn't really what I expected. It seems clicking the logo takes you there (and I see now it's in the Forum dropdown). Maybe move the forum index link up onto the shortcut bar?

Also, the countdown timer on the rules page is rather annoying, and I suspect unlikely to actually get people to read the page any more than they'll flick to another tab and do something else until it times out...

Ive changed the Home link to point to forum now, this means there are 3 ways to get to forum root, the home icon, the site logo and forums from the drop down menu.

TAR
27-10-2010, 04:48 PM
When I look at Whats New, the pages indicator at the top and bottom displays 1 of 5, if I move to page 2 it says page 2 of 6, page 3 - 3 of 7 etc. Should it not just say something like 1 of 13 if there are 13 pages in the list?

Beastlee
27-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Have noticed that the posts are now back to the format in which there's a huge gap between the post and the signature.

I'm guessing you're testing too as the Goodies bit has appeared but doesn't work.

BraindG
27-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Have noticed that the posts are now back to the format in which there's a huge gap between the post and the signature.

Yeah, we still getting some complaints about scrolling bars on threads when i use the code to make it smaller - ill investigate this another time, so for the time being we back to large posts :(

I'm guessing you're testing too as the Goodies bit has appeared but doesn't work.

Yeah, im trying to get all the content back for the members, then i'll sort out design to make it pretty :)

horndog
27-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Page layout

I dont know if its just me - but I have tried on 2 laptops, Win7 - IE8 and Win XP - IE7
All the forum is squashed up on the right hand side and half way down the search box is showing on the left,

the top banner is OK

BraindG
27-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Could you provide a screenshot please

aboo
27-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Page layout

I dont know if its just me - but I have tried on 2 laptops, Win7 - IE8 and Win XP - IE7
All the forum is squashed up on the right hand side and half way down the search box is showing on the left,

the top banner is OK
I have the same prob. I'v had to come on google chrome to get on.

Not sure how to do a screenshot.

horndog
27-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Can you give me an e-mail address - I cant post advanced

horndog
27-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I cant PM, post Adv, or quote a post

I cant edit a post either,

It goes to the correct screen but then the submit button just goes to a blank screen

peter thomson
27-10-2010, 11:45 PM
same on IE7. Was fine earlier

horndog
27-10-2010, 11:49 PM
I have just logged out and the layout is fine, when i log back in the format goes all funny again.

Barry, I have uploaded an image called screenshot, but i cant link it to a post - i dont know if you can see it anywhere?, feel free to dig round my account theres nothing private in there

im off to bed

peter thomson
28-10-2010, 07:42 AM
test

peter thomson
28-10-2010, 07:45 AM
I have to use new reply to post and I cannot send pm's. Tried sending 2 today and they are not in my sent folder. After sending it goes to a blank screen.
layout is the same as yesterday. All on the right hand side

BraindG
28-10-2010, 08:02 AM
To post advanced you need to double click a reply button, i have documented this here

How to attach images is documented here..

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?52642-HOW-TO-File-Upload-Manager

I have tried view site on IE6, IE8, Chrome, FF, iphone and i cannot see this error you are reffering to :(

Hoepfully with a screenshot i can help.

orionn2o
28-10-2010, 08:09 AM
http://www.359atc.co.uk/broken.JPG

orionn2o
28-10-2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.359atc.co.uk/broken2.JPG
http://www.359atc.co.uk/broken3.JPG

orionn2o
28-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Sorry can't navigate the forum on my pc! Using tapatalk at mo!
It seems the menu bar has gone AWOL and it's pushing about the main forum. Missing a character return? Or positioning gone mad?

BraindG
28-10-2010, 08:18 AM
How is it now?

orionn2o
28-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Yep works again :)
Well done Barry

BraindG
28-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Great, thanks sorry for te inconvenience!

The second I seen the screenshot I knew what it was :).

peter thomson
28-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Yes sorted here as well .Thanks

Beastlee
28-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Is there a reason the site has a tie in to browser-update.org? My script blocker keeps telling me it's blocking access to it whilst on the forum. I presume it's a Vbulletin thing but wanted to be certain.

BraindG
28-10-2010, 09:09 AM
It's a feature i added, Vbulletin does not fully support older browsers, it works but that's about all so i decided to put a nagger up to remind people on older browser - I run IE6 on my work laptop, I also fully understand that there are many corporate environments which still run IE6 and as such its impossible to upgrade, i dont condone browsing the web at work anyways :P - i would suspect very few home users still have old browsers, but in all honestly its those people the message is targeted at, IE 6 for example is 6 years old.

If you press the x it does go away for ever.

Humpty's Revenge
28-10-2010, 10:55 AM
If this has been posted sorry Barry, but the tick box "remember me" words goes over the sponsour banner.

BraindG
28-10-2010, 11:00 AM
If this has been posted sorry Barry, but the tick box "remember me" words goes over the sponsour banner.

yep thank you, i am aware - ill address this when i revamp the header in phase 2 :)

horndog
28-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Works graet for me now too, thanks Barry

thelostprophet
28-10-2010, 01:33 PM
I know that the membership levels have changed but things i could access prior to the update i now can't. For example MYKEY sent me this link to pictures of the car im buying but now i get a message saying i dont have permission.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=505

sightless
28-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned -

The larger graphics at the top of the page are wicked, but not everyone has wicked internet. This could be very frustrating for some that are on a low quality connection (I used to be on a satellite so data was also an issue as well as speed).

It is very nice but even on my adsl connection which is the best I've had in years I still wait a moment while I watch the image load on every new page. Would hate to see that on a capped connection

sy666
29-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Not sure if its been bought up yet, but all the signatures seem to have disappeared

EDIT: Typical, i post this and mine appears!! but still cant see any others

BraindG
29-10-2010, 08:43 AM
A signature will only appear once per page, maybe this is what you are seeing?

sy666
29-10-2010, 09:29 AM
ah not something I'd noticed before, cheers

EDIT: sig now twice on same page??

BraindG
29-10-2010, 09:35 AM
ah not something I'd noticed before, cheers

EDIT: sig now twice on same page??
only when you submit, if you do a F5 it will be gone :)

The Vee
29-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Not sure if it's me can't find it, but are pager messages still there? was looking for one that I had that contains an address I want

Nick Mann
29-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty sure pagers are gone, Andy. I think that was one of the things that wasn't supported, along with the vbgarage.

Nick Mann
29-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Yes, in the thread that was sticky before hand, it mentions the loss of pager and garage functions:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?52634-Clubvr4-upgrade-22-10-gt-24-10

Roadrunner
30-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Couple of things (and apologies if these have been reported previously but I didn't fancy reading the previous 140 posts):
1) Site not remembering my login details despite me ticking the "Remember Me?" box (this might be a setting on my PC but ClubVR4 is the only website that requires me to re-enter my details every time I visit)
2) Advert overwriting the "Remember Me?" box on the logon page - see pic below

Thx :)
Brian

Beastlee
30-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Couple of things (and apologies if these have been reported previously but I didn't fancy reading the previous 140 posts):
1) Site not remembering my login details despite me ticking the "Remember Me?" box (this might be a setting on my PC but ClubVR4 is the only website that requires me to re-enter my details every time I visit)
2) Advert overwriting the "Remember Me?" box on the logon page - see pic below

Thx :)
Brian

Can't help with 2 but I would recommend removing an cookies relating to clubvr4.com and clubvr4.co.uk. It is possible your browser has conflicting info.

Roadrunner
30-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Can't help with 2 but I would recommend removing an cookies relating to clubvr4.com and clubvr4.co.uk. It is possible your browser has conflicting info.

Yeah, thanks Lee, I've already tried that. Did it again just now, but still the same. It's a puzzle ;) I'm using Windows 7 and IE8 if that makes a difference :)

taylor
01-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Two colons after rep (Rep:: )
<----

BraindG
01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Two colons after rep (Rep:: )
<----

good spot dude! fixed.

gareth001
02-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Just went into my PM's and noticed the icons for unread messages is actually the read message icon and vica versa

horndog
02-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi,
when responding to a PM on an Android Mobile (X10) - it just forwards to a white screen, tried waiting/refreshing but same results.

Marc

Nutter_John
02-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Is that with tapatalk or direct onto the forum ?

horndog
02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Direct from the forum

Nutter_John
02-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Ok thanks Mark , will add it to the list , but have you tried tapatalk on android yep ?

horndog
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
No not yet, I've been given a company phone (Nokia e71 -Crap- Dont buy one) so the wife has got my old X10, I now only use it occationally and have always been happy with the Standard performance so kept it as is.

I cant install any non-company software on the e71 so havent tried it on that either

Humpty's Revenge
04-11-2010, 06:52 PM
In my garage the preview/finish boxe`s in the edit box are over the top & side bar which makes it a little difficult to navigate back to the top./thankyou

psbarham
04-11-2010, 10:40 PM
is there any chance someone could remover the browser upgrade banner from the top of the page, it makes it nigh on impossible to log in at work or on my phone, oh and it doesn't recognise opera 10 on the phone, it still says it is out of date, even though its the latest version.
the close banner button on it doesn't work either. apart from that good work.

elnevio
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
The poll options background colours need changing from white to the boggo CVR4 colours. :)

TAR
06-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Cant access the sticky for cars for sale..... http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?38653-Minimum-Requirements-For-Advertising-A-Car-*-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-FS-THREADS-*

just displays a blank page

Nutter_John
06-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Cant access the sticky for cars for sale..... http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?38653-Minimum-Requirements-For-Advertising-A-Car-*-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-FS-THREADS-*

Which broswer , as it works in FF

aboo
06-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Have noticed that in some posts the last word from the first line gets repeated in the second line. Don't know if its a bug or users not realising what they've typed.

TAR
06-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Which broswer , as it works in FF

FF to you too!!

Not worky in IE8 or Chrome

TAR
06-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Wont open in Firefox also.....

Please can someone fix it?

Nutter_John
06-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Minimum Requirements For Advertising A Car * PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING FS THREADS *

With immediate effect, the following information is required to advertise a car for sale.

The title of the thread must show:

YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, LOCATION (e.g. 1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 London)

The advert itself must then follow this format (please copy and paste this into your advert):

YEAR:
COLOUR:
MILEAGE:
R.F.L.* EXPIRY DATE:
M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE:
PRICE:
CONTACT DETAILS:
DESCRIPTION:

The above information must be fully completed otherwise the advert will be deleted and you will have to readvertise with the correct info. A moderator will PM you if your advert is removed.

We recommend you leave contact details as "private message", however should you choose to put a phone number/email address etc in there then this is at your own risk.

We would also recommend posting some pictures of the car with the advert, and blanking out the number plate, but again this is your decision.

Regards

CVR4 Committee

* R.F.L. = Road Fund Licence, i.e. Vehicle Excise Duty, i.e. Car Tax

BraindG
06-11-2010, 10:08 PM
is there any chance someone could remover the browser upgrade banner from the top of the page, it makes it nigh on impossible to log in at work or on my phone, oh and it doesn't recognise opera 10 on the phone, it still says it is out of date, even though its the latest version.
the close banner button on it doesn't work either. apart from that good work.
The update banner thing has to stay im afraid, ill look into why opera 10 is being picked up - the close X does work, i have no issues with it reappearing unless i log out on my work laptop?

BraindG
06-11-2010, 10:10 PM

Could you please provide a screenshot?

TAR
06-11-2010, 11:02 PM
this is it, just a blank page....

BraindG
06-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Cheers, can you access this one?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?53408-Minimum-Requirements-For-Advertising-A-Car-*-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-FS-THREADS-*

TAR
07-11-2010, 12:08 AM
No sorry

KiwiTT
07-11-2010, 08:00 PM
On the browser shortcut's bar, the Mitsubishi :3d: logo has been replaced by the default vBulletin logo.

This is the same on both IE8 and Chrome. Firefox still retains the logo.

gareth001
08-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I can't access this link: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=34 - KiwiTT's signature link "But it costs see here".

I get the following:

vBulletin Message

gareth001, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

For further information please see the Forum Permissions Thread to see whether you have sufficient privileges.

Log Out Home

This maybe an invalid link on the sig - but I can't tell.

BraindG
08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Again, this is the Garage - the garage is still closed untill I have completed the final design - I expect this to be mid week.

Humpty's Revenge
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Again, this is the Garage - the garage is still closed untill I have completed the final design - I expect this to be mid week.

Barry your forehead must be getting sore bud with the same question`s/wall

CANDEE
12-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Just tried to upload new pics into my garage and kept on getting the following error:

Also another weird issue is when up attached pics through the manage attachments, and insert the pics inline I get thumbnails, even if the pics are the right size for the page(as above).... This is in Firefox. :)

Thanks,
J

BraindG
12-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Just tried to upload new pics into my garage and kept on getting the following error:

Can you try now for me please?

The inline is by design, clicking on the images expands them.

aboo
12-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Have noticed that in some posts the last word from the first line gets repeated in the second line. Don't know if its a bug or users not realising what they've typed.

This is still happening. Don't think its user related.

BraindG
12-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Any chance you can take a screenshot?

aboo
12-11-2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?53453-stressed............something-needs-to-be-done-but.../page2

For example post 27 on this thread. I know this is only one post on one thread but its happening in other threads that I cant remember right now as I've had a couple of beers :)

BraindG
12-11-2010, 07:15 PM
i see that normally, could you take a screenshot so i can see what you see? (prt sc, then copy paste to mspaint, save and upload)

aboo
12-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry Barry dont have a clue how to do screenshot.:(

BraindG
12-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Press the screenshot key.

then from run type "mspaint" then press return or ok to load the application.

then ctrl and V to paste the image into mspaint.

then save.

then upload.

CANDEE
12-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Can you try now for me please?

The inline is by design, clicking on the images expands them.

I got the following error Barry:

Thanks,
Jeremy

BraindG
12-11-2010, 11:46 PM
meh, im a wolly, try that now :)

CANDEE
14-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Works perfectly now, thanks Barry!!!

foxdie
14-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Did a quick search for this, couldn't find the answer, FlashChat doesn't show either a count, or a list of names, of people currently in the chat room.

Spirit
14-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Did a quick search for this, couldn't find the answer, FlashChat doesn't show either a count, or a list of names, of people currently in the chat room.

Is it not right at the bottom of the page in the "Forum Activity" section, below "Currently Active Users" ?

foxdie
14-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Ahh yes it is, but I live on the Posts 24Hr (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post) page (I wrote a script to auto-refresh that page once every 1-2 minutes) so I never get to see who is in chat like I used to be able to :)

It'd be nice if it just gave a count in the () brackets after the word FlashChat at the top of the page :)

GroundControl
15-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Not really an issue per-se, and I haven't read the entire thread so not sure if it's been mentioned, but the logo stuff at the top of the page is being served off braindg.com rather than clubvr4.com

Nutter_John
15-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Yeah Sam this is whilst we sort out a few issues , should be changing over the next few weeks to be hosted local

elnevio
15-11-2010, 10:10 AM
The people who are in FlashChat are shown at the TOP of the page, just under the logo, at the moment, as far as I can tell - be it in threads, or on the Posts 24H search page? I think this will be moving to show next to the Chat options in due course, but plenty of tweaks going on presently! :rolleyes4

BraindG
15-11-2010, 11:06 AM
The people who are in FlashChat are shown at the TOP of the page, just under the logo, at the moment, as far as I can tell - be it in threads, or on the Posts 24H search page? I think this will be moving to show next to the Chat options in due course, but plenty of tweaks going on presently! :rolleyes4

Thats only for admins till i've finished the design, members can't see it :)
The whos in chat is currently located at the bottom of the Forum home page

foxdie
15-11-2010, 11:16 AM
This is what I see on the 24Hrs page..

No indication of who is in chat whatsoever :)

elnevio
15-11-2010, 11:35 AM
LOL! I thought it was at least there temporarily until moving to new location soon!

Jason - guess you'll have to keep idling for now! :whistle:

foxdie
15-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Jason - guess you'll have to keep idling for now! :whistle:

That's it exactly, I'm gonna be idling in there a lot more now I've returned back to VR-4 ownership, me and Atik are having a chinwag in there now, you're all welcome to join us :)

Patryn999
16-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Hmmm, when I go into members area, into resource library "Workshop manuals" and try to change the view filter from last 100 days to begining I get the message:
"This Forum is for Members ONLY for details on how to join please see the "CVR4 Join" link from the CVR4 Drop Down menu."

However I am a member? And I am logged in at the time (triple checked this).

Anyone else getting something like this?

P.S did a quick search in this thread for "Members ONLY" but didn't get any hits.

Didn't notice that the thread count was 0. Thought we had a couple of manuals for the 6a12/6a13 NA's.

"Last edited by Nutter_John; Today at 12:55 PM. Reason: No need for such phrases "
Oh well, looks like my comment fell on deaf ears :P, in case anyone read it and wondered feel free to look up "disregard that" in knowyourmeme.com to ensure that I am not clinically insane.

BraindG
16-11-2010, 08:59 AM
As the forum was empty you received this message.

I have moved from the documentation forum a thread you may find useful, should you require more please llook through the documentation forum as I have yet to massage all the content of each forum. We recently upgraded and its an action i have yet to complete.

Patryn999
16-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks for that, but looks like the host's changed the acl's recently. Oh well, I'll go digging somewhere else. Cheers for your huge efforts in upgrading the forum, extremely good of you guys.

pitslayer
29-11-2010, 11:43 PM
So how come my green dot is now a red dot, even though I have received no negative feedback, last time I was on it was green, I don't actually care as it is just a blob at the end of the day and not a true representation of post knowledge or how helpful you are, just curious.

BraindG
30-11-2010, 11:32 PM
So how come my green dot is now a red dot, even though I have received no negative feedback, last time I was on it was green, I don't actually care as it is just a blob at the end of the day and not a true representation of post knowledge or how helpful you are, just curious.

You did have some neg rep left on the 22nd nov

pitslayer
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Not according to me, last rep was 13/10/10

Like I said I don't really care, as it is antiquated system which really bares no relevance to a poster knowledge or helpful they are, a thanks system applied to the workshop only area would be a better idea, or a karma system where posts are rated
Helpful
Funny
Insightful
Interesting
Abusive
Flame
Off topic

Each one carrying a different level of karma, ie helpful post is 10 karma points, where as a funny post is 2 karma points, abusive post is -10 karma points and an off topic post -3 karma points.

Still like I said, I don't/couldn't care less about a little blob next to my name was curious as it doesn't show up on my profile page, although I have since found out what it was for.

Also is there a way of removing the "your browser is out of date, look here to upgrade thing" it's a bit annoying as you try and close it and it takes you to this site http://browser-update.org/en/update.html#5

Nutter_John
01-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Kyle click on the setting option , top right and in there you see all feedback

pitslayer
01-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Latest Reputation Received (-32 point(s) total)

13-10-2010 06:55 PM

06-03-2010 08:17 AM

06-03-2010 08:03 AM

That is the last rep I have had all green ones.

Nutter_John
01-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Not according to the back end as Barry says you have some left on the 22nd and the 24th Oct

strange maybe a bug

pitslayer
01-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Thought I had replied to this /doh uploading a pic anyways

EDIT2: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/pitslayer/rep.jpg

Nutter_John
01-12-2010, 12:52 AM
let me give you some neg rep ( i can remove it after ) and see if that shows up

Nutter_John
01-12-2010, 12:57 AM
well it is not a user level issue as I have just given my alter ego a neg rep and it showed up straight away in the settings display

so must be something to do with you Kyle

pitslayer
01-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Yep that has shown up, and I have told you already it is the turbos going, amateur /pan /pan /lol

BraindG
03-12-2010, 12:05 AM
I'll investigate when I'm back from my honeymoon, thanks for the testing john

pitslayer
08-12-2010, 11:18 PM
On the screen shot of my page, is there any way to remove that yellow bar for the update, I know how old my browser is, but I like my browser, it is a bit of a pain to get into private messages and everything else along the top, as you have to click perfectly on the little X to get it to close otherwise it forwards you to the annoying browser update thing.

BraindG
08-12-2010, 11:28 PM
You need just click the x to remove it forever, I don't see it on my work laptop anylonger.

pitslayer
08-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Nope, it re appears every page I navigate to, every time I refresh, it just keeps coming back :(

BraindG
08-12-2010, 11:53 PM
What browser and version you using ?

pitslayer
09-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Firefox version 2

gareth001
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Firefox version 2

You do know that Firefox is on version 3.6 now? I must say it's far better than version 2. Whats the problem with upgrading, there is not really much cosmetically until you delve in deeper that's different between 2 and 3?

pitslayer
09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Firefox 3 looks rubbish, I hate the rounded bulbous look of it, it is too cluttered, the address bar system is thoroughly annoying, I have 3.6 on another computer, and really it isn't worth upgrading, if firefox released a skin that made it so it worked identical to 2 then I would consider it, but I don't want to download something and have to mess about changing settings for this that and the other, I just want it to work as it was before :)

BraindG
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Why you should update

Reduced development costs and time
Optimizing websites for old browsers is time consuming and thus expensive.

Webdesign technologies and features
There are all these great new webdevlopment standards and they are supported by modern browsers... but you may not use them. Newer browsers let you use more features and new technologies (CSS3, SVG, HTML5, RSS, CSS Generated Content, flexible Layouts) on your website, resulting in a better browsing experience for your users.

Security and benefits for the user
umerous benefits: security, speed, features, ... Look at the update page. The security-threads of outdates browsers are listed in this paper.

The web has to evolve...
But that's only possible if the browsers also evolve. The strong market share of a 8 years old webbrowser (Internet Explorer 6) is something new in the history of the web. If we take no action now, we will have to code websites like in 2001 even if it is 2011.

Users don't oppose updating...
... they often just do not appreciate the need to update or the existence of the "webbrowser" as a software at all.

www.browserupdate.org

pitslayer
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
But the site works fine, and every other site I frequent works fine on FF2, the usability of FF2 is much better than FF3 and I , not worried about security issues, all I was interested in was whether the yellow bar could be removed, and stay removed /lol

When FF2 completely stops working then I would consider upgrading, for the moment then I will just deal with the yellow bar and not being able to comment on Youtube, as I wont be upgrading to something I don't like to use for 2 little things :)

Thanks anyways.

taylor
10-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I think this issue stems from the old site, when going into edit gallery a "123" appears in the top left of the page, it doesn't seem to belong to any Divs just in the code of one of the php files the gallery module is calling.

I do remember a 123 always showing up under the picture on the old gallery

taylor
10-12-2010, 08:11 AM
also the customize my profile button doesn't actually seem to do anything, it displays the options to revert, default and save, and inserts a giant blank space, but that seems to be it

foxdie
10-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Something funky going on with FlashChat today.. it looks radically different :sick:

BraindG
10-12-2010, 12:32 PM
hmmm, DONT LOG IN..

foxdie
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Balls, it's affected jChat / non-flashchat too..

Changing my password now.

BraindG
10-12-2010, 12:47 PM
meh, not got the time to look into it atm - ill re-install it later on - after a google i noted another site experiecning the same issue, not sure of the route cause.

BraindG
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
If anyone has tried to log into Flashchat (webchat ok) and was presented with the red background and log in box can you please change your password ASAP. This is only applicable to people who clicked on flashchat link within the last 24hours and noted the red background.

I hope to get to the bottom of this ASAP but im not taknig any risks.

Thanks
Barry

Atik
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
As I posted up in my other thread, I only saw the 'error' message and it wouldnt actually go into the chat window, red or otherwise. I assume I'm ok in that regard?

BraindG
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
in this case you are ok.

Ryan
10-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Ja Carsten and I were chatting Thursday evening (NZST) UTC 012:00 and I thought that this was strange (the red). The environment was also an unusual size, almost like I'd F11'd the instance of Chrome but I hadn't.

It covered my taskbar and start button also. My password has been modified, that's the end of my story.

BraindG
14-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Chats Back, i've applied latest security patches..

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Barry

foxdie
14-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Chats Back, i've applied latest security patches..

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Barry

Whee! Now I can waste company time again :D

foxdie
14-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Erm, I can't seem to log in, incorrect password.

Is it possible there's a character limit? I recently changed my password to one greater than 30 bytes (characters) in length.

Atik
14-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Tried logging in now, and it says 'You've been banned!' ???

BraindG
not such if there is a limit, but its only a car club, dont need 30 char password? :) - unless of course you have all your worldy details stored on the site? :P

foxdie
Changed my password to a shorter one and tried to log in again..

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1111

BraindG
14-12-2010, 12:41 PM
weird, k lemme investigate.

BraindG
14-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Alreet, try that now please.

foxdie
14-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Working now :thumbsup: