PDA

View Full Version : Help with Install of AVC-R

Legnum Boy
14-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Ok chaps, I got all the right hoses marked, I know where it all plumbs in... :rolleyes5
Now the easy bit....(s)

1. Where do I mount the Valve and the Pressure Sensor in the engine bay?
(it says not near heat.... Oh come on, play fair...it gets fooking hot anywhere under there, and I'm not about to screw it to the turbo housing... ;) )
I'm looking for a nice place to put them, any ideas?

2. Where should the harness come through the firewall?
Is there a hole already there, that is big enough to push the connecter thru, or am I gunna have to make one?

and 3. Why did I only get 4 screws, as specified in the 'what you get' bit, when the installation instruction seems to think you get 6????? :$

Answers, very quickly (before it starts to rain), on a postcard, and some piccys wouldnt go a miss.... :p

enigma
14-09-2004, 10:36 AM
My solenoid is cable tied under the intake tube (rigid plastic one)

I think I got the wires through the existing hole with the big rubber grommet in it (the main harness) but it was a pain in the bottom! :lipsrseal

Screws??? What for?!

I am sure if you search you will find my thread on my installation! :D

Legnum Boy
14-09-2004, 01:11 PM
K... Just dropped my car on the floor.... :sad3:
Had it up on the jack to remove the arch liner and the poxy little jack buckled.

I must be the luckiest person in my street today though, as I hadnt moved the wheel out of the way completely and the tyre caught the hub bolts, stopping the disc from grinding into the ground (by a few cm.) :$

Quickly, grabbed the spare jack from the spare car, re-jacked up and replaced wheel fast as lightning.

Check this out....

:rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

nmd, no harm done, back to the install..... :p

enigma
14-09-2004, 04:54 PM
As requested a pic of where I have my bits

matsondawson
15-09-2004, 02:16 AM
LOL. I forgot to remove the jack from under the car one day after I had dropped it down, and it ended up looking pretty much the same as that. Car didn't seem to want to reverse for some reason ...

Legnum Boy
15-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Before I go hacking through the wrong pipes, can someone please verify that Im hacking the right ones.

1st piccy.. This bit ends up on the new solenoid.
2nd piccy.. This is where the pressure sensor gets T joined.
3rd piccy... Left is the old solenoid, right is the fuel pressure solenoid.
4th piccy... This bit gets plugged up...

I will be completing the install tomorrow after work, if no-one disagrees with the above..... :-D

If you do disagree, PLEASE, now is the time to shout.... :rolleyes5

enigma
15-09-2004, 10:49 PM
I would check the specific install instructions on the APEXi USA website

Legnum Boy
15-09-2004, 11:01 PM
The four piccys above are, I'm almost certain, the pipes and connections that are specified by the diagram from the apexi instructions.
I was just hoping that someone might be able to verify this... :$

I spent hours just tracing hoses from turbos, solenoids etc..

I'm 99% sure that I have got it right, but its always nice to have a second opinion.

zedy1
15-09-2004, 11:09 PM
The four piccys above are, I'm almost certain, the pipes and connections that are specified by the diagram from the apexi instructions.
I was just hoping that someone might be able to verify this... :$

I spent hours just tracing hoses from turbos, solenoids etc..

I'm 99% sure that I have got it right, but its always nice to have a second opinion.

NOT SURE ON THE FORTH PIC :rolleyes:

Legnum Boy
16-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Cheers Zedy, thats the only hose im not 100% on.
Will do some more analysis tomorrow before commiting to any cutting. :-D

Legnum Boy
16-09-2004, 08:50 AM
OK.... so near yet so far...

This is the one bit that is bugging me.
I have traced the hoses from and to the existing solenoid and the last of the four piccys above seems to be the bit that gets capped off, in fact, the only bit that actually gets capped off (the old solenoid can be completely removed, if needs be).
I have circled (below) what I believe to be the bit in the fourth piccy above.
Can anyone with a controller already fitted confirm that this bit has been capped off, or is this hose left connected to their old solenoid?
Would leaving it connected to the old solenoid act the same as blocking it off?

Legnum Boy
16-09-2004, 05:56 PM
I have sucessfully installed my pressure sensor, and the stock boost looks good. Still gunna wait for a bit more feedback regarding the piccy above before completing the install of the solenoid.
I have attached the pressure sensor to the side of the airfilter... piccys to follow soon. :-D