PDA

View Full Version : MLR.com (I thought I posted this but may not have submitted it)

Carlby
24-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi there,

Does CVR4 have any connections with MLR ??

Evo's and Leggy's have the same ancestry. /Hmmm

The reason I ask is a mate has told me of a Rolling Road event in Littlehampton (West Sussex) coming up soon.

I ask if I could take my Leggy to see how its running. So he PM the organiser who said it was fine.

I just thought having some joint events could lower cost and increase turn out...

What are your thoughts?? :chugchug:

Wobble
24-10-2010, 07:19 PM
the last rolling road day for the club was a huge success and would have struggled with any more people . alot of members on here are already active members on the mlr with me included . also i am organising another rr day in feb for our club. last turn out saw a mixed bag of cars also.

rr event with evos and vr4s would be great but anything over 20 cars turning out would have a problem giving them time to all run

but this could be handy for events that our more local to members that cant get to a cvr4 event

Carlby
24-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks,

Were are most of CVR4 members around the country ?
I'm south coast (Bognor Regis)and never seem to find anyone in this area.

Wobble
24-10-2010, 07:30 PM
i would say midlands area seems to be alot.

there is only 4 in essex that i know about.

Humpty's Revenge
24-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Well there`s 8 on the Isle of Wight.

Wobble
24-10-2010, 09:40 PM
how many are you though steve?

Nick Mann
24-10-2010, 10:26 PM
The mlr are often generous when organising events in allowing us to gatecrash. But a reciprocal agreement is going to be a tricky thing to organise. They have full time employees for a start, so their monthly turnover must be a lot more than our annual turnover.
I have also had mlr membership in the past.

Carlby
24-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Well there`s 8 on the Isle of Wight.

Hi Steve,

Where abouts in IoW?

Do you meet up often?
I'm only 20 miles from Portsmouth so may have to pop over.

Any one else on the south coast ?

aboo
24-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Scanny & I were talking about inviting MLR members to our Scottish meets.

As the members are so far & few between up here it may help at the likes of the STS show where we could get a full track session to our selfs & make it a bit cheaper but I dont thing it would be that great at our mini meets.

Humpty's Revenge
25-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi Steve,

Where abouts in IoW?

Do you meet up often?
I'm only 20 miles from Portsmouth so may have to pop over.

Any one else on the south coast ?

Hi Carl

Your always welcome to pop over dude if you don`t mind the ferry fares that is?

As for meets we don`t have any due to 4 belong to myself, 1 is Ben`s & the other 3 are unkowns on here.

There were some great owners like Pedro (Pete) & Kinger (Ben) who are in the Portsmouth area but don`t own Vr4`s any more not to sure about any others.

I don`t mind coming over on the odd occasion if there could be a meet if there`s a few meeting up.

Perhaps it`s something that could be put forward.

Just give me a shout any time bud OK?

Humpty's Revenge
25-10-2010, 09:56 AM
how many are you though steve?

Not that many Dave!:lipsrseal

Mark 4
25-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Carl. I'm along the coast in Shoreham.

Humpty's Revenge
25-10-2010, 10:05 AM

Mark interested?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?53069-Mini-meet-in-the-Portsmouth-Southampton-area&p=591987#post591987

chris g
25-10-2010, 12:04 PM
MLR can be ok but quite a number of them on the Forums hunt in packs and can be quite harsh to say the least about anybody, anything and any car non-Evo...

Even Evo 8 260 and Evo 7 GTA cars/owners take some rather unpleasant 'stick'...

Pugme
25-10-2010, 02:22 PM
personally iv had fallings out with mlr at a car show, from that experience i label them as numptys :)

6 complaints to the organisers on the day (which fell on deaf ears as i know the organizer) then a torrent of uncalled for abuse towards me personally an my club over the internet!

yet not one of them fancied coming over to discuss there problems! they tried parking there cars on our club space and were swiftly and politly asked to move, to which they got "attitudey" with me! yet im the chav apparently, all the money in the world doesnt buy manners!

rant over :p

VR4Manna
31-10-2010, 10:17 PM

I'm in Hythe as is another purple Legnum - have seen it around but not managed to speak to the owner so far.....