PDA

View Full Version : Online Applications - Issues.

BraindG
26-10-2010, 10:43 AM
With the new website sees a new online application process, if you are having issues with it please use this thread to discuss them.

Old issues thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22347)

Phliplip
28-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi,

I get this message in red..

You are showing as a Non Registered User...

Following the link that the text supply me with tells me that I am a registered user.. /pale

??

/Philip

BraindG
28-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Do you get this on the first or the second page?

this is the first.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/content.php?117

steve a
29-10-2010, 12:15 AM
i get the same message in red, its in the next screen after clicking on the "join club vr4 row"

BraindG
29-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Could you please try now?

steve a
29-10-2010, 08:22 PM
ok now i get the red message on the first screen you linked above

steve a
29-10-2010, 08:26 PM
looks like its working now thanks

fixed and paid

BraindG
29-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Great, Thanks Steve!

chrisvr4
27-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Don't know if this is an issue with clubvr4 or opera mini but when I try logging in im getting this message forbidden
You don ' t have permission to access /forum /
login / on this server. ?

I had no probs a month or 2 ago.

Reason I use mini on here as it let's me upload pictures from my phone to threads or let's say it used to before the upgrade.

And if I click the login box i don't get a dropdown list?

AKKO
03-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Not getting redirected to paypal for payment, just a message saying that a committee member will be in contact.

Is this normal for AU users wishing to become members?

Also noticed my DOB is incorrectly set in my Profile, not sure if there is some sort of verification process for membership that may have failed here as a result?

lathiat
10-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Same happened to me, no paypal.

BraindG
10-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Same happened to me, no paypal.

This is quite normal, NZ and AU membership process do not provide instant membership, I am working on an automated process like the UK but for the time being it is a manual process - Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shtiv
15-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Same deal for me except that I haven't been contacted, tried again just now....

BraindG
15-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Same deal for me except that I haven't been contacted, tried again just now....

I've chased this up for you.

hozza
20-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Not getting redirected to paypal for payment, just a message saying that a committee member will be in contact.

Is this normal for AU users wishing to become members?

Also noticed my DOB is incorrectly set in my Profile, not sure if there is some sort of verification process for membership that may have failed here as a result?

After clicking "click here to apply" I automatically get sent to The UK membership form. If I fill it out then i get sent to a screen asking to choose between a member and a supporter.

There is no Australian $15 option, and no message saying i will be contacted?

BraindG
20-03-2012, 10:45 AM
After clicking "click here to apply" I automatically get sent to The UK membership form. If I fill it out then i get sent to a screen asking to choose between a member and a supporter.

There is no Australian $15 option, and no message saying i will be contacted?

This is because your Region is set to UK, to change this please complete he following form (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=13).

Legnum_oz
10-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Hey guys, I've paid up as a member at the start of the week via paypay to memberships@clubvr4.co.nz but I am still not showing as a paid member? How long does this normally take?

I'm still not able to access the members area, and I really need to see some "how to" sections before the weekend.

Nick Mann
10-10-2013, 07:05 AM
It's usually instant. Unless you used an echeque or something instead of instant payment? I'm sure that someone who can work it out will be along soon.

Legnum_oz
10-10-2013, 07:32 AM
I think the process is slightly different for NZ and AUS members. But not his long! But I used Paypal and the payment has left my account so I'm assuming the payment has been accepted from Cvr4's end

Ryan
10-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Seems that these issues have been ongoing since when I signed up nearly 7 years ago. I also didn't hear "boo" from anyone back then either but it was eventually rectified. Like the Pantene commercial, "it won't happen overnight but it will happen".

reaper0907
31-12-2013, 07:55 AM
hay trying to sign up but it wont take me to pay pal thing all i get is
vBulletin Message
Thank you, a member of the Club VR-4 Committee will contact you shortly.
Please do not contact Committee Members directly.

so wear do i go from hear

BraindG
31-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi,

Could you provide a little more info? Where are you receiving this error? - at which point and maybe could you provide a screenshot?

Thanks

Grey_Ghost
20-02-2015, 12:47 AM
And, it's 2015 and I'm getting the "A committee member will be in contact"

When? I know it's cutting fine, but I've only had the money today, and I need to fix stuff tonight.

eddyvr4
03-03-2015, 01:41 PM
hi im desperate to renew my membership but also didnt get redirected to the payment screen (AU member) i really need to access the guides and writeups section ASAP!! if someone can help that would be great the car is in bits..

Brianod
18-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Want to sign up and pay to be a member. Did the application for aus members twice and haven't heard anything back yet...

Grid
04-05-2015, 01:17 PM
I am a paid member now, but I keep getting this message "This Forum is for Members ONLY for details on how to join please see the "CVR4 Join" link from the CVR4 Drop Down menu." eg. here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?228-ECUs-Mapping

Help?

elnevio
04-05-2015, 09:09 PM
I get the same message. I think it is because there are no threads in that forum.

Grid
04-05-2015, 10:30 PM
OK, and I thought some treasures were still hidden from me /Facepalm

Camvr4
06-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Hey Guys,

Applied for membership a couple of weeks ago and have not yet heard anything?

Any help much appreciated,

Cam.

Xaxasv6
10-05-2015, 10:20 PM
I'm getting " This Forum is for Members ONLY for details on how to join please see the "CVR4 Join" link from the CVR4 Drop Down menu." if i want to take a look at http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?228-ECUs-Mapping

Xaxasv6
10-05-2015, 10:46 PM
but there are entries. i took a look at it yesterday

EDIT

Sry found the new link http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?207-ECUs-Mapping

Camvr4
15-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Hi guys,

Still haven't heard from anyone, submitted a query via the contact us page also and same result.

Could someone please help me out?

Thanks!

Subaru ETA
15-05-2015, 09:46 PM
OnBoost!

Colin Wiltshire
15-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Went on site using my phone for the 1st time, all good, apart from the "fs, wtb" and some of the text was in bright yellow, I was unable to read the yellow text.

BEG4ME
10-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Hey, guys. I'd like to renew my membership but I cannot for the life of me sign into my paypal account. Am I able to pay another way? And also, I'd like another membership pack since my original membership card ran out and I need new stickers (internal) as I've purchased a few more VR4s since initially signing up.

elnevio
10-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Speak to OnBoost! :thumbsup:

OnBoost!
15-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Ok I'll sort it out.

BEG4ME
16-06-2015, 03:58 AM
Thank you. I transferred money last night.

Neville82
21-07-2015, 03:40 AM
I am in oz and applied for the membership, have not heard anything or received a payment request.

Thanks

Neville82
03-08-2015, 07:33 AM
heard nothing still ?

carfanatic
06-08-2015, 07:25 PM
why can't you use the link and just paypal it? i am assuming it is still there to use.

Nick Mann
06-08-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm not sure that has been set up for the guys in the southern hemisphere. Traditionally the NZ side of the club have looked after the NZ and AUS memberships, the UK side everything else.

Neville82
13-08-2015, 02:07 AM
Hi, when i fill in the application there is no paypal link,
it just says:

Thank you, a member of the Club VR-4 Committee will contact you shortly.
Please do not contact Committee Members directly.

one month later nothing.

peter thomson
13-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Is it not time that this issue should be sorted. Someone else or the automated version should be implemented by now. Onboost is obviously not able to fulfil the payment process for new and old members

Humpty's Revenge
13-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Is it not time that this issue should be sorted. Someone else or the automated version should be implemented by now. Onboost is obviously not able to fulfil the payment process for new and old members

There are only 4 of us helping out in the club now & we are all volunteers

We do have issues yes but that is being looked in too to simplify the way things are done

All we can do is apologies to everyone who are experiencing issues which we know should be sorted but we are only human & have lives outside club vr4

So again please bare with us we will get things sorted as soon as we can

Jazzcam
23-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Wanted to renew membership
Had a look at website
I can't workout how it's done
Tried a few times
Can someone please advise ?
Cheers

Kaldek
09-12-2015, 07:32 AM
Hey guys, my membership (AU) is about to expire. I've filled in the form, was not given a PayPal link. Can someone please reply so I can give you some money?

elnevio
10-12-2015, 03:29 PM
OnBoost!

OzzyM
20-03-2017, 06:14 AM
I'm trying to register as a NZ member, but the joining page is not redirecting me to PayPal

"Thank you for submitting your details, you will now be redirected to the payment page."

Is there another link somewhere that I can use?

Thanks!

Confused
20-03-2017, 08:15 AM
I'll take a look shortly :)

Confused
20-03-2017, 09:03 AM
The form should now redirect to the payment page.
OzzyM can you please retry, and thank you for your patience!

irnerd
24-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Hi
Received the email reminding me my subscription is due to expire with a link to the renewal thread
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/content.php?117

Am logged in

In the red banner on page 117
CLUB VR-4 MEMBERSHIP EXPIRY
Your CVR4 Membership is about to expire, please visit the CVR4 Membership page to renew.
Problem is this link goes straight back to the same page.

On the right hand side
the page has instructions about payment - PayPal etc
Again signed in to the clubv4r.com site - the pay pal link launches a new browser window - paypal site opens but the message returned is

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=
You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.

Is there another way I can secure a renewal (Bank Transfer e.g.)?

Thanks
Derrin

Nick Mann
24-11-2017, 02:29 PM
I'm sure Garry Confused or Nev elnevio will be alkng shortly to assist. Thanks for the descriptions of the errors, hopefully it will be easier to track the problem down.

elnevio
24-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Not sure what's going on. Other renewals have been going through okay. Hopefully, Garry can have a look first in case there is anything obvious to the trained eye.

In the meantime, are you able to try again, but using a different browser?

irnerd
15-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Hi Nev
Still no joy - tried two OS's, three browsers.

Any ideas?

Is there a bank account I could just send funds to via Bank Transfer please?

Thanks
Derrin

Not sure what's going on. Other renewals have been going through okay. Hopefully, Garry can have a look first in case there is anything obvious to the trained eye.

In the meantime, are you able to try again, but using a different browser?

elnevio
15-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Hi Nev
Still no joy - tried two OS's, three browsers.

Any ideas?

Is there a bank account I could just send funds to via Bank Transfer please?

Thanks
Derrin

Ok Derrin, I will let you know, but now likely to be after the weekend to sort the details out - I am away and have a full schedule! Nudge me if you don't hear anything by Monday. :)

Mikeiesener
21-01-2018, 11:54 PM
so i applied for the membership friday night. all my info was entered correctly. paypal link worked as it should, my 10 pound sterling payment went through. i have receipts to prove it. still have no access to the members only sections of the site. is there a waiting period to use it?

Amonlym
22-01-2018, 12:32 AM
so i applied for the membership friday night. all my info was entered correctly. paypal link worked as it should, my 10 pound sterling payment went through. i have receipts to prove it. still have no access to the members only sections of the site. is there a waiting period to use it?

I'm not admin or anything, but i can see you with "member" status, try a browser cache refresh?

Confused
22-01-2018, 08:43 AM

Hi Michael,

As Amonlym correctly pointed out, your username is appearing in blue, you have the "Member" image under your username, and I've just checked your user account and you are definitely a member of the group which allows access to all the goodies you should have access to.

I don't believe you need to do anything specific, but if you haven't done so already, please try logging out and logging back in again.

Regards,

Garry

Mikeiesener2
23-01-2018, 04:59 AM
so i logged out of my original account, mikeisener. now i am unable to log in off the log in button on the main page. the only way to log in now is by going to the home page away from the forum and using the log in entry bar to the right side. it says my username and password is invalid. used my email to get a new password. now when i enter username and new password i still get denied. anyway to recover my old account?

Confused
23-01-2018, 08:40 AM
so i logged out of my original account, mikeisener. now i am unable to log in off the log in button on the main page. the only way to log in now is by going to the home page away from the forum and using the log in entry bar to the right side. it says my username and password is invalid. used my email to get a new password. now when i enter username and new password i still get denied. anyway to recover my old account?

I have requested a password reminder/reset email be sent to you at your hotmail address. Everything else about your account appears to be OK as far as I can tell.

elnevio
24-01-2018, 03:47 AM
Michael, have you broken it?! /pan

jymate
03-12-2020, 06:08 PM
Seems that these issues have been ongoing since when I signed up nearly 7 years ago. I also didn't hear "boo" from anyone back then either but it was eventually rectified. Like the Pantene commercial, "it won't happen overnight but it will happen".

good

gixer599
20-10-2023, 06:41 PM
Unable to renew, join now keeps taking me to the smilies page /help

TAR
20-10-2023, 08:46 PM
@gixer599 there is an issue with the site just now which is being looked at. :happy:

menno3x8g
20-10-2023, 10:17 PM
Unable to renew, join now keeps taking me to the smilies page /help

Same with me :inquisiti

gixer599
20-10-2023, 10:19 PM
@gixer599 there is an issue with the site just now which is being looked at. :happy:

Thank you, will keep checking in.

Wakaba
23-10-2023, 04:41 PM
Same here goes to smiles page. Any known fix?

menno3x8g
08-11-2023, 08:30 PM
Same with me :inquisiti

Solved!
Thanks!