PDA

View Full Version : Bruntingthorpe 15/9/04

Physician
15-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Yesterday evening I was chatting to one of my neighbours who has always had 'interesting' cars on his drive. It turns out he had his own Company named (wait for it) Caterham. He has just retired early but said that he is still very active with one of his other Companies which Manages/arranges track days etc.

"I'll be at Bruntingthorpe tomorrow with ERA (Tiger cars) - if you want to come along I'm sure we can get you on the track." Slobber, slobber - yes pleeeeease.

So, I've spent the whole of today on the track and had a fantastic time - far better than Silverstone and I guess similar to Castle Coombe. It was ERA's track day for their customers and potential clients .... my neighbour Derek introduced me to the MD of ERA and he just wanted a nominal £30 to go towards his costs.

So my eldest daughter and I did around 30 or so laps in 2/3 lap sessions whenever we wanted to go out ........ mainly to allow my brakes to cool. Anyway, we were chatting to one of the Tiger Racing Team drivers and he offered to take my daughter out in their R6 Tiger (see photo: http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/kd.jpg). I had been chatting to the guy standing beside the car who was helping Kirsty belt up and telling him that I would follow behind and video her on track. According to Kirsty, he told the driver (Gary) that I was going to follow and video but the driver said that I wouldn't be able to keep up so it was pointless ....... anyway, see the video link below. The driver was so impressed that he wanted to go out in the VR4 afterwards!

BTW ........ so that you can get an idea of the speed the 'warning-over speed limit' you will hear is set at 80 mph.

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Movies/tiger.mov

Nick Mann
15-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Brilliant Movie!

Good final score too! ;)

Wodjno
15-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Yesterday evening I was chatting to one of my neighbours who has always had 'interesting' cars on his drive. It turns out he had his own Company named (wait for it) Caterham. He has just retired early but said that he is still very active with one of his other Companies which Manages/arranges track days etc.

"I'll be at Bruntingthorpe tomorrow with ERA (Tiger cars) - if you want to come along I'm sure we can get you on the track." Slobber, slobber - yes pleeeeease.

So, I've spent the whole of today on the track and had a fantastic time - far better than Silverstone and I guess similar to Castle Coombe. It was ERA's track day for their customers and potential clients .... my neighbour Derek introduced me to the MD of ERA and he just wanted a nominal £30 to go towards his costs.

So my eldest daughter and I did around 30 or so laps in 2/3 lap sessions whenever we wanted to go out ........ mainly to allow my brakes to cool. Anyway, we were chatting to one of the Tiger Racing Team drivers and he offered to take my daughter out in their R6 Tiger (see photo: http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/kd.jpg). I had been chatting to the guy standing beside the car who was helping Kirsty belt up and telling him that I would follow behind and video her on track. According to Kirsty, he told the driver (Gary) that I was going to follow and video but the driver said that I wouldn't be able to keep up so it was pointless ....... anyway, see the video link below. The driver was so impressed that he wanted to go out in the VR4 afterwards!

BTW ........ so that you can get an idea of the speed the 'warning-over speed limit' you will hear is set at 80 mph.

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Movies/tiger.mov
Absolutely brilliant .. I think there was numerous times there you could of slipped past but you had to stay behind co it ain't much fun filming Blue Sky .. :laugh: And i don't believe that you had the front to actually overtake him on the last lap .. :rolleyes5 :p Top Vid .. Looks like a great track too . A future meet i think .. :D

The Vee
15-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Oh YES, ........... Nice one Richard

/The Vee turns green

Jimbo
15-09-2004, 10:47 PM
LOL at the 1-nil ! Top driving, by the way - looked very smooth on what also looks like a good fun track, not too disimilar to Combe as you say.

Wow, watching that just makes me want more and more and more.......anyone know of any track days THIS weekend?!? I'd need my weekly fix! :laugh:

HJM
15-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey, Richard, I hope you told him next time you wanted to bring a few friends along :laugh:

Have been looking for something this weekend but it's gonna have to be the highway as far as I can see :(

Roll on JapFest 2005 :-D

Physician
16-09-2004, 06:41 PM
BTW ......... purely as a matter of interest; a Seat Cupra R was consistently lapping Bruntingthorpe at 1:46 mins against my 1:32.

And my neighbour Derek told me that he was at the track the previous week with Mercedes who were timing their cars with a radar gun. The top of the range sports machines were hitting 190 mph on the straight ........ against my max 125 mph !! :sad3:

Polabear
16-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Great filum Richard, looks like its got some great fast curves just right for pulling the wire good and tight on the VR4.. :D