View Full Version : door light wire???

Nitew4tcher
31-10-2010, 06:26 PM
im considering doing something...........diferent :idea2:

but im not telling you:evilgrin:

1.....as it may not work

2.....i like a little squirrel .....my nut lol /secret

ok

where are the wires that light up the lights on doors when there open.....are they permently live...and can i run some LED's off them.....would i need a resistor for the LED's??

only info ill give u is...........im currently talking to a laser cutting company about my idea /secret

/thankyou

Kryton
31-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Dashboard Christmas tree illumination?

Edited 18:06 for comedy value :end:

Nitew4tcher
31-10-2010, 06:38 PM
hmmm partialy correct

Davezj
31-10-2010, 08:03 PM
you can get to them from inside the door cards where the bulb is at the bottom corner of the door and follow the wires back from there.

or where the switch is on the door piller, the connector on the back of the pluger switch is a live signal that gets shorted to GND when the door is opened and the voltage is dropped at that point and the lamp lights up. Or does the switch signal go back to the ETCS module and that then lights the lamp in the door, as it lights the door lamp and the interior lights as well.
i feel the only way is to studdy car schemetics. once the signal wire you are looking for has been located then you can work back to find the loom that the wire is in and then look at the placement of the loom in the diagrams in the doc and it should point out where the wire runs in the car. but i would have thought the wire you want runs down the side of the drivers door sill. you can access it by removing the plastic trim panel along the door opening and the wires run in a white plastic truncking along the floor, and then along the back of the kick panel to the ETCS module.

well that is what i think.

Colin Wiltshire
31-10-2010, 08:55 PM
maybe it's what I'm thinking of doing at some point, having led back lit door sills

Nitew4tcher
31-10-2010, 08:59 PM
:joker: Nopeeeeeeeee

Colin Wiltshire
31-10-2010, 09:10 PM
centre console made out of stainless steel brushed?

GalantOnly
31-10-2010, 09:15 PM
You can find those wires in door harness. Pin number 1 and 2 (yellow/black and red/black) is for the door lamp.
Pin 1: ground from the door switch
Pin 2: 12V constant power

GalantOnly
01-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Made the diagram.../yes

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?53277