PDA

View Full Version : wellington meeting?

holure
02-11-2010, 11:04 AM
hey guys just looking to see who would be keen for a meet up just so we can all get to know each other?

Oggie
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
could be keen.. i know there is a few of us Ptown bois.

pbaron
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Sure thing, CANDEE should pick up on this and chip in.

CANDEE
02-11-2010, 08:41 PM
This is something we have been talking about. :) There is a few ideas in the mix, just working out which one is the best atm. :)

The current idea is to do a meet and greet in the next couple of weeks?

Thoughts anyone?

Oggie
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
back in 03 us *coughhondacough* owners ,we did the palmy north and back trip once. via masterton.
everyone met up at avalon park. topped up with gas in upper hutt, then we se out to head over the wairapa hills for masterton then for palmy north.
then we stoppped off at one of the parks in palmy for a couple hours and went home back to welly all together.

This is something we have been talking about. :) There is a few ideas in the mix, just working out which one is the best atm. :)

The current idea is to do a meet and greet in the next couple of weeks?

Thoughts anyone?

low_vr4
03-11-2010, 12:34 AM
keen as a bean

CANDEE
03-11-2010, 02:44 AM
back in 03 us *coughhondacough* owners ,we did the palmy north and back trip once. via masterton.
everyone met up at avalon park. topped up with gas in upper hutt, then we se out to head over the wairapa hills for masterton then for palmy north.
then we stoppped off at one of the parks in palmy for a couple hours and went home back to welly all together.
We have done something similar recentishly..

We went from welly to palmy up st1, across to Wairarapa via Pahiatua track, then up to Woodville, then back to Palmy via Saddle Rd.. The welly crew then came back via Manawatu Gorge and down over the rimutuka's. :)

We also have done a run out to Lake Ferry via Martinbourgh.

I have another similar run in the planning stages, however might not be in place till after the dyno day. ;)

Was thinking if we do a short(local) run somewhere and park up/talk/have coffee etc as a starting point??

holure
03-11-2010, 07:04 AM
yea im keen to meet up with people, yumm well town wil be a good start id say a beer or a coffee lax out but the beach or sumthing.

VR4WGN
03-11-2010, 07:43 AM
T
B
H

i really want to do the BBQ at Tui again.that was FAB

CANDEE
03-11-2010, 08:52 AM
T
B
H

i really want to do the BBQ at Tui again.that was FAB
Q,

While the Tui run was good, its something you can only do once in a while, I will be making it an annual event, so will be looking to do it again next year. :)

CANDEE
03-11-2010, 08:57 AM
yea im keen to meet up with people, yumm well town wil be a good start id say a beer or a coffee lax out but the beach or sumthing.

Well there is a cafe out by Island Bay with some nice carparks, though they arent low car friendly... hell they arent very Prius friendly... lol Will have a thinky. :)

J

VR4 MAD
03-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Well J, you know where I stand on this as we have been discussing ideas for a meet up for awhile now. And now that James has surfaced again (hello mate) and Ross is back in the frame too, we really do need this to happen soon so the 'old hands' can get to meet up with the 'new recruits'........................... :)

Oh BTW, Island bay café would be great but that's completely out of the question for the wagon at it's current ride height................. just completely out of the question...................... LOL

/toycar

Well there is a café out by Island Bay with some nice carparks, though they aren't low car friendly... hell they aren't very Prius friendly... lol Will have a thinky. :)

J

CANDEE
03-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Oh BTW, Island bay café would be great but that's completely out of the question for the wagon at it's current ride height................. just completely out of the question...................... LOL

/toycar
So the wagon is getting all the meets now??? Has the Wife heard about this yet? :P

I think even the std height vr's will have an issue with it... You know what the prius is like out there.... lol

J

pbaron
03-11-2010, 09:48 AM
What about a run over to a cafe in Featherson or Masterton or somewhere in between?

kNuTz
03-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Sounds good guys, I'm keen for a meet up (haven't meet anyone except Q so far and that was only once). So does this mean I need to have a clean up of the VR4 lol.

pbaron
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I have no plans to clean mine.

Sounds good guys, I'm keen for a meet up (haven't meet anyone except Q so far and that was only once). So does this mean I need to have a clean up of the VR4 lol.

VR4 MAD
03-11-2010, 10:09 PM
No way............... this isn't a show'n'shine meet, just a casual get together to make face to face introductions etc.

Just bring the car in whatever condition you feel comfortable with.

In my case, no amount of cleaning will fix the issues the wifes 'wagon' has at the mo................. ha ha

/toycar

....................................So does this mean I need to have a clean up of the VR4 lol.

Oggie
03-11-2010, 10:55 PM
the dirty vr4 meet.

Oggie
03-11-2010, 10:56 PM

did you buy Q's vr4? if so i might have seen you/it driving around tawa/porirua area.. or one that looks like it.

rayray24
04-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Hey team,

I'll be keen to tag along. Sounds like fun. Be good to see you all again and some new faces.

CANDEE
04-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Hey team,

I'll be keen to tag along. Sounds like fun. Be good to see you all again and some new faces.
Ryan!!!

Will be good to see you there. :)

J

kNuTz
05-11-2010, 04:37 AM
did you buy Q's vr4? if so i might have seen you/it driving around tawa/porirua area.. or one that looks like it.

Nah I didn't get his VR4, but I know a person with one that looks like his one in the area too.

holure
07-11-2010, 02:50 AM
nah i bought it but i live in upper hutt.

CANDEE
07-11-2010, 06:09 AM
nah i bought it but i live in upper hutt.

Do you park it Taita railway station sometimes? Ive seen one very similar there...

CANDEE
07-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Ok guys,

How does a meet up on the Petone foreshore sound? Means we can be out of the way and park up and chat, then can go into Petone for a coffee/beer if everyone is up for it?

Suggest we meet down Marine Parade, behind Waione Street, then go from there?

Also how does a saturday meet up sit with everyone?

Is is good, what about either this coming weekend(13th) or the following(20th)?

J

kNuTz
07-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Thats perfect for me, Saturday 13th or even 20th.

low_vr4
07-11-2010, 09:23 AM
does anyone know who owns the silver super VR4 that is parked on fergusson drive outside a block of flats with a smashed front bumper?

CANDEE
07-11-2010, 09:29 AM
does anyone know who owns the silver super VR4 that is parked on fergusson drive outside a block of flats with a smashed front bumper?
Karl has talked to the guy who owns it, and hes not interested in getting rid of it...... Dont think it'll even start now, its been sitting there for about 3 years...

low_vr4
07-11-2010, 09:39 AM
i was thinking about asking this evening, so much potential

Oggie
07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Karl has talked to the guy who owns it, and hes not interested in getting rid of it...... Dont think it'll even start now, its been sitting there for about 3 years...

man thats some dedicated hoarding :P

I dont get it when peeps do that... smash up a car and refuse to get rid of it.

Rosco_NZ
09-11-2010, 04:44 AM
13th is no go for me unfortunately as im off to a wedding down south. 20th could work.

rayray24
09-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Can we make it a sunday?? 21st? the wife works on sat and have a baby to look after now. Even thou she love going for drives in the VR4.

karlous54
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM

Yeah have had a chat with him a while ago and so has pierre. The guy doesnt want to sell it and it is a shame the he is just letting it sit there. Would prob be a bit of work getting it back on the road, eg pannels, motor, transmission and then all the other mechanical issues you would prob have with a car sitting out in the rain for 3-4 years.

CANDEE
11-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Ok Gents who is up for next weekend 20th(sat) or 21st(sun)?

pbaron
11-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Sunday better for me, cheers.

rayray24
11-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Sunday funday

BEG4ME
11-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Just as a bit of a random idea... Anyone from the mid NZ region into doing a coromandel run. All roads sealed and plenty corners to keep that AYC working hard? Nice and close for me, as i'm based in Whitianga.

kNuTz
11-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Im good with either day! :D

karlous54
12-11-2010, 04:04 AM
either or for me is cool :)

VR4 MAD
12-11-2010, 05:48 AM
I'm with Ryan on this................ Sunday is better.

/toycar

Sunday funday

Oggie
12-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Ok Gents who is up for next weekend 20th(sat) or 21st(sun)?

like 1 + 1 = 2 is easy .. so am i.....

good to meet ya Jeremy

CANDEE
12-11-2010, 08:52 AM
And you Terry. :) Hopefully you didnt think it was weird me coming up to you like that. :) Also will make sure my sounds are running so you can have a listen as per my offer on ice. :)

So Sunday the 21st it is then chaps. :)