PDA

View Full Version : advice please - front fog bulb replacement

Scanny
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
im guessing the fl bumpers are the same apart from the twin lamps. i bought the replacement bulbs i have been after for ages but i cant access the back of the lamps due to a metal plate which seems to hold the horn in place. this plate is brown with rust and the bolt at the bottom is not going to loosen up so it will be a drilling job. if i remove it, what are the chances of the plate and horn falling off? i cant access the back of the fog lights with this plate there

adamvortex
07-11-2010, 01:11 AM
i had this problem on my sport, i take it your bumper fogs are the same as mine (full beam & projector) seperate lights not both in one cover? i put the car on a 2 post lift and had a good go,but i could'nt do the job at all major problem with the rusty bracket and i had a bolt shear off so i gave up. i do not know what mitsubishi was thinking with this design,very shocking really.
let me know your outcome!

Scanny
07-11-2010, 02:43 AM
this is frustrating. it took around 3 months to get my hands on the bulbs i needed to complete the set on the front and now i cant get the damn things fitted. the side, head and main beams are all HID lookalikes and i have the front fog bulbs to go with the set

CANDEE
07-11-2010, 08:34 AM
this is frustrating. it took around 3 months to get my hands on the bulbs i needed to complete the set on the front and now i cant get the damn things fitted. the side, head and main beams are all HID lookalikes and i have the front fog bulbs to go with the set
Richie,

The easiest way to change the bulbs in the facelift cars is to take the whole light out of the bumper... There is one bolt that secures them and they will slide out.

Ralliart1
07-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Richie,

The easiest way to change the bulbs in the facelift cars is to take the whole light out of the bumper... There is one bolt that secures them and they will slide out.:iagree:

adamvortex
11-11-2010, 12:54 AM
what is the bulb type?? H3??

Scanny
19-11-2010, 12:47 PM
H3 are the bulbs i bought although halfords wanted me to remove a bulb so they could see exactly what i wanted. fortunately the independant supplier i usually use (MUCH cheaper than halfords) had H3s in stock last time i dropped in to buy LED number plate bulbs. everything seems to point to H3s being the ones i need