PDA

View Full Version : Servicing on the Continent (Germany)

adam_shaw
17-09-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm in Germany again, and with a few day trips to Belgium and the Netherlands there was no way I'd make it back to the UK for the 63K service.

So I went to the local mitsi dealer in Blomberg - and in my best broken German booked the car in, and idly enquired how much I would be expecting (so I could have the cash - credit cards are frowned upon here) - told around 250 yo-yo (so already I'm up compared to my local dealer)

Went in yesterday afternoon, while-you-wait service, car comes out. No problems found, everything 'tight' again - total bill 150.77 yo-yo (around £100)

To top it all, fixed the nice receptionists computer while I was there and got a groovy Galant-Kombi schlusselanhanger (key ring, shaped like the wagon)

Well impressed....car feels great again - was getting a bit 'ropey' feeling.

So if you're in Nordrhein-Westphalen I can recommend Autohaus Borcheld.

Got a german accessories catalogue as well, which I'll get scanned at some point and pass along.

Be good now.

A

lorriman
20-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Top tip Adam. I wonder if this applies to all garages in Germany and the Continent come to that?

I had my V6 Auto done last week. The 36k service was £274 and they managed to spray anti freeze over the bumper and engine oil over the engine.

Not entirely sure how the 63k one compares, but it might pay for the trip at least.

ritch_w
20-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Top tip Adam. I wonder if this applies to all garages in Germany and the Continent come to that?

I had my V6 Auto done last week. The 36k service was £274 and they managed to spray anti freeze over the bumper and engine oil over the engine.

Not entirely sure how the 63k one compares, but it might pay for the trip at least.

£274!!!!! what did they do for that????
my 36K service was around £130 (max)
my 45K service last month was £185 and that included changing the auto box fluids as i didn't want to wait until the 54K service...

adam_shaw
20-09-2004, 03:10 PM
63K is not a biggy - it's basically the 9K service again. Imagine everything gets reset at 54K with the new cam belt etc.

It's really just an inspection together with fluids etc.

Still that said it has cost me ~£200 in the past.

I got a service done in Ireland with the last car and the saving wasn't as great - the price I normally paid in sterling I paid in euro.

It still makes £30 on the £100 or so....

Regardless of the cost, I was well made up 'cos the car was starting to feel crappy, and I booked it in one afternoon and it was done the next. Not what I'm used to with my 'local' dealer (tho' I do think they're good as well...)

A

lorriman
24-09-2004, 05:01 PM
£274!!!!! what did they do for that????
my 36K service was around £130 (max)
my 45K service last month was £185 and that included changing the auto box fluids as i didn't want to wait until the 54K service...

Very little as far as I can see. They changed the oil and replaced some filters, but it's not due for the Auto fluid and spark plugs.

I think it's just another case of the dealer ripping its customers off!

Where did you go for £130? It'd be worth travelling some distance to save £140.

ritch_w
27-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Very little as far as I can see. They changed the oil and replaced some filters, but it's not due for the Auto fluid and spark plugs.

I think it's just another case of the dealer ripping its customers off!

Where did you go for £130? It'd be worth travelling some distance to save £140.

bridgend mitsubishi in Irvine (ayrshire, scotland)
http://www.bridgendmitsubishi.co.uk/

a bit of a trek???

lorriman
28-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks for that' I've sent an email asking for a price. I go to Scotland quite a bit and if the saving is as expected I'd be keen to arrange to be up there on business when the next one is due.