PDA

View Full Version : F**ing furious

Wal
06-11-2010, 12:50 AM
After a long search finally bought a Legnum VR4 today, picked it up and drove home absolutely made up, breathtaking performance and the car is in stunning condition, absolute bargain.

Got home around six and got my little lad changed and took him to a friends house for fireworks and a party, he's only three so the first time he's been big enough to really enjoy it and get involved. I took the golf as I was already running late and couldn't be doing with the aggro of moving his car seat out of the golf into the Legnum.

Got home about 8, got him ready for bed and got him to sleep and thought I know what, I'll go for a run out in the new car now it's nice and quiet. Sat down, turned the engine over and noticed this:

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/3941/img0670b.jpg

Apologies as I don't know how to insert a picture or thumbnail so just pasted the url!

Passenger side wing mirror is hanging off and the drivers side one is folded in the wrong way, so some **** has deliberately done this, not like a car has accidentally hit it as it was the side that was on the pavement that's been smashed not the road side. Can't believe I've owned the car less than twelve hours and some ****bag has deliberately vandalised it.

It was parked on the street opposite my house and there was a party going on in the house it was outside, the red mist descended and I banged on the door and kicked off at about 30 pissed up student types, they denied all knowledge and to be fair it could of happened any time between 6 and me getting in for a drive at about 9:45 but I still lost my rag, I think my rage was enough to stop them giving me a kicking lol.

From what I can see in the dark the wing mirror itself is fine, it's the plastic bracket that connects to the body that's snapped. Any ideas how I get this repaired as I don't want to drive it with it flapping about as it will damage the paintwork on the door.

Walked round to the pub for a few pints to calm down as literally shaking in anger!!! What's wrong with people, I was a little bastard as a kid growing up on a council estate but we never ****ed with peoples cars...

Any advice much appreciated :(

Edit: just reread this and noticed the number of expletives, sorry just really angry!

TAR
06-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Its probably best if you remove it. Its held inside by some nuts under the tweeter cover.

That really sucks, there are some w@nkers about these days.

aboo
06-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Gutted for you.

HPRULZ
06-11-2010, 01:15 AM
not a good start,Theres usually a couple of motors breaking on the site I am sure someone will be along with the bit you need.

Kev

funkstardelux
06-11-2010, 01:15 AM
expoy resin i would use to fix it maybe
or this stuff i used on the exhaust...sets to rock solidness :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QuikSteel-Instant-Metal-Repair-Weld-filler-FREE-P-P-/310161962933?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item483717f7b5

foxdie
06-11-2010, 02:37 AM
This happened to me a week ago, I can sympathise :/

vr4drifta
06-11-2010, 03:43 AM
i have replacement door mirrors.

psbarham
06-11-2010, 09:48 AM
bummer,
i have some miester blue mirrors here if you need them.

666damned
06-11-2010, 10:04 AM
real sh**ter that m8y......replace with new(second hand).......you'll get some off here here no problem...

apeman69
06-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I know exactly how it feels. my driver's mirror doesn't fold due to some tw@t in an Asda car park swinging on it. I had a foot print in the front wing of my GT4 one morning, had wiper arms bent in circles and even wiper blades stolen off a car. Scratches and scrapes appearing at random etc. It's a crappy world we live in.
On a positive note you've got a Legnum in the best colour available and more pics are a must.
Sounds like you got a bargain and let us know how it goes when you've had a chance to play and get used to the car.

Davezj
06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
gutted for you mate.
i was going to say i have some wing mirrors for sale but they are not blue they are black, i would go for the correct colour ones. they are not difficult to mask and spray, but when in the future they get scratched/knocked ,and they will, if you have sprayed them then the original colour will show through and it will annoy you until you take them off and respray them again.
well that is what i would do.

andydckent
06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Some drunken c**ts did that to my old Colt once as well when I was parked in town. I was not a happy bunny. /boxing

Ghost_2008
06-11-2010, 11:39 AM
It seems a commomn problem then, whats gone so wrong with society that people actually bother.......... it makes no sence .......... I think the closest experience for me is returning to find someones hit my rear bumper....... It's about to receive it's 3rd respray in as many years..........

Nick VR4
06-11-2010, 11:53 AM
F%^& sorry to see this hope you get it fixed soon

Wal
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I've dropped it off at the local garage to see if there is anything they can do, fingers crossed! On the bright side I've had a chance to have another good look around it in the morning light and its so much better condition than I was expecting for a car of this age. The 18" rims look a lot better in the flesh than the pictures as well, might keep them afterall

swinks
06-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Same happened to me with my ex-GDI Galant. Friday night and next day morning mirror from passenger side was hanging on wires. And that was off pavement side so some *****r did it for purpose.

Don't bother with local garage. They gonna rip you off money for sure. Got mirrors from psbarham, davezj or vr4drifta. It's just 15 minutes job to swap one.

Wal
06-11-2010, 02:17 PM
All done, £20 + vat, basically epoxy resin'd the plastic like a weld and the drivers side one had to remove the motor as the gears were ruined. Happy with that for now, will source some off here at some point!

Ralliart1
06-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Bloody w@nkers,sorry to see this hope you get it fixed soon .Best way is to replace,I fixed mine once with epoxy,but after a few years broken again.

adamvortex
07-11-2010, 12:57 AM
so sorry to see this damage! fcuking bankers! kids these days just dont care, likewise i grew up on a council estate and i was no angel, but a number 1 rule we had was never touch a mans car or his home.
hope you get sorted soon without anymore damage

dave-at-home
07-11-2010, 11:04 AM
I now how yoy feel mate. I picked up my Galant on a Friday afternoon, popped up the local Focus DIY store then went to my bro's house to show off my new motor. "nice condition he said but shame about the damage on the rear". It looked like some tw*t had scraped a trolley across my back bumper making a lovely scrape and score mark. All credit the the local bumper scuff chappy (Paul at Revive: a top class job - well recomended if anyone needs any paint work i n the Mids area). It makes you wanna vomit that some people think its OK to damage other peoples property and wals away from it without a second thought. I'm just glad that I never catch anyone in the act as I don't think I would like prison food, and as for picking the soap up in the showers.. it isn't worth thinking about :shocked:

statham234
07-11-2010, 08:23 PM
be carefull about repairing cause if they come off at speed they will flap and prob dent your door id purchase some off someone on here