PDA

View Full Version : Is there or was there?????

VR4WGN
08-11-2010, 09:25 AM
is there or was there a Hayden from Palmerston North driving a white PFL manual VR4 with tan interior and P/Plate SIKVR4 on this site??
just met the owner he sold it to today(wants to buy my blue one),he didnt sound too happy with the sale. i went over the car and found it was resprayed previous,it ahs extensive rust all over and the LH rear door is rusted out under..

i was a bit bummed to see how he sold the car to this guy with all this going on and didnt mention it to the owner.poor guy... oh well lets just hope that everyone will be truthfull and honest i ntheir sales of their cars on here ey..:thumbsup:

Subaru ETA
08-11-2010, 09:47 AM
is there or was there a Hayden from Palmerston North driving a white PFL manual VR4 with tan interior and P/Plate SIKVR4 on this site??
just met the owner he sold it to today(wants to buy my blue one),he didnt sound too happy with the sale. i went over the car and found it was resprayed previous,it ahs extensive rust all over and the LH rear door is rusted out under..

i was a bit bummed to see how he sold the car to this guy with all this going on and didnt mention it to the owner.poor guy... oh well lets just hope that everyone will be truthfull and honest i ntheir sales of their cars on here ey..:thumbsup:

I know this may sound stink but when buy a car why don't people get someone who knows what they are look at go with them?

If he had someone who knows what they are looking at inspect the car first he would have purchased it! Now he is out of pocket and has a **** car

Atik
08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Its a shame, but surely when looking at buying any car, you'd go over these details yourself (or get someone who knows)?
Something like bad rust would be visible to anyone.

elnevio
08-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Not one I recall seeing, but as with ANY purchase of a car from a private seller, it is always a case of Caveat Emptor (aka Buyer Beware). Private sellers don't have the same legal responsibility as traders as regards disclosure of information. It is also entirely possible that in this case, the original owner was not aware of the problems - I have seen people in the past be completely oblivious to the most obvious of issues with their car (whether they were a seller or simply an ignorant/unknowledgeable owner). You have an intimate knowledge of cars, Q, especially the VR-4. Some people just don't have any car knowledge beyond that which enables them to drive and put petrol in - there are a few who like to have fast performance cars, but are still totally in the dark when it comes to anything to do with the mechanics or body of a vehicle.

VR4WGN
08-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Not one I recall seeing, but as with ANY purchase of a car from a private seller, it is always a case of Caveat Emptor (aka Buyer Beware). Private sellers don't have the same legal responsibility as traders as regards disclosure of information. It is also entirely possible that in this case, the original owner was not aware of the problems - I have seen people in the past be completely oblivious to the most obvious of issues with their car (whether they were a seller or simply an ignorant/unknowledgeable owner). You have an intimate knowledge of cars, Q, especially the VR-4. Some people just don't have any car knowledge beyond that which enables them to drive and put petrol in - there are a few who like to have fast performance cars, but are still totally in the dark when it comes to anything to do with the mechanics or body of a vehicle.

Nev i apreciate your comments but i know no where near a smuch as al lyou guys(many more years than me remember...

Dave he did an appraisal before purchasing but they failed to pick these obvious items up that i go straight and look at firstly, even the roof leaked by the top of the windscreen,signs of extensive rust aswell..

poor guy but i do hear what you all say,a buyer falls inlove with the car and theyr blind to any faults

Subaru ETA
08-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Nev i apreciate your comments but i know no where near a smuch as al lyou guys(many more years than me remember...

Dave he did an appraisal before purchasing but they failed to pick these obvious items up that i go straight and look at firstly, even the roof leaked by the top of the windscreen,signs of extensive rust aswell..

poor guy but i do hear what you all say,a buyer falls inlove with the car and theyr blind to any faults

If he had a appraisal done on it I would be going back to the person who did it and kicking them square in the balls

Mark 4
08-11-2010, 09:37 PM
If he had a appraisal done on it I would be going back to the person who did it and kicking them square in the balls

Well said.

Pugme
08-11-2010, 10:14 PM
i didnt think the aussie vr4's rusted :p

VR4WGN
09-11-2010, 10:03 AM
yea Dave funny it was actually good ole trusty AA here in palmy ey,but i think theres a clause that safeguards them tho right?

Subaru ETA
09-11-2010, 11:48 AM
yea Dave funny it was actually good ole trusty AA here in palmy ey,but i think theres a clause that safeguards them tho right?

I dunno - I wouldn't take a wheelbarrow to the AA for an inspection. They are not worth the money they are written on!

I have seen cars that came into work which had flown through an AA inspection with bent suspension arm, bent chassis rails, oil leaks etc