PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake lever?

I-S
19-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi guys.

Just looking at pictures from ebay of a V6-24 that's for sale, and it has what looks like a leather-covered handbrake lever. It also has as standard the leather covered wheel I've just put into my car.

Is this correct? If so, can it be fitted to the GLS? What's the part number? I guess it's rather more comfortable than the hard plastic grater of the standard GLS one?

Kieran
19-09-2004, 08:02 PM
...Is this correct? If so, can it be fitted to the GLS? What's the part number? I guess it's rather more comfortable than the hard plastic grater of the standard GLS one?

Hi Issac :-D

The steering wheel on the V6-24 was indeed leather bound like the one on your GLS - the V6s that were fitted with optional leather had wooden inserts too.

Regarding fitting... I'm not sure about this. The GLS handbrake lever consists of plastic moulded onto the metal shaft. As far as I know, this doesn't unscrew or remove in any way, whereas on my Sport, there is no moulding beneath the leather gaiter - it's just bare metal.

You may need to remove the entire handbrake lever assembly and swap it over. I may be wrong though. It may be an idea to find a scrapped V6 and have a look before you go meddling - or check the Mitsubishi dealer manuals (if you have access to a copy).

I-S
19-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Arse.... sounds like more trouble than it's worth then (unlike the steering wheel, which although trouble was worth it)

Big Ian
19-09-2004, 11:20 PM
just buy some leather cloth,thin foam and have a go at covering your own? :D