PDA

View Full Version : remember these......

666damned
21-11-2010, 09:51 AM
had this Mstation since they came out quite a few years ago,been in a couple of my past cars /installs and then got put in a cupboard when the car it was last installed in got wrote off....................but finally got round to fitting.......
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3637/dscf0117t.jpg

Seems Unlikely
21-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I dont remmeber them i'm afraid!! I do like your dash surround though, how was that done?

I'm just doing the 3M carbon fibre vinyl conversion to my wood effect dash, a great car spoilt with rover75 trimmings!!
It is however a pain in the ass and i'm a relatively patient man. Not recommended.

pitslayer
22-12-2010, 12:35 PM
use a crazer paint and some cling film to get an effect like that.

And I have no idea what that is

gareth001
22-12-2010, 01:08 PM
I got one of them in the loft :) Not had it installed for years though

666damned
22-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I dont remmeber them i'm afraid!! I do like your dash surround though, how was that done?

I'm just doing the 3M carbon fibre vinyl conversion to my wood effect dash, a great car spoilt with rover75 trimmings!!
It is however a pain in the ass and i'm a relatively patient man. Not recommended.

real easy to create a 'marble' effect......choose yourself a base colour then dab on an aluminium colour in fine, medium or coarse and as the 'slayer' says use good old clingfilm...and then clear the full piece...........have a look at my post.............
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?48142-black-marble-centre-console

VR4Kaos
22-12-2010, 07:02 PM
what is it ?

666damned
23-12-2010, 09:43 AM
what is it ?

the piece in the pic is the remote interface of a removable hard drive which sits in it's own dock,and can then be slid out into another dock in your computor.....i'll get a pic up of the removable hard drive.......

Seems Unlikely
23-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I've lost patientce with the carbon fibre film, i'm too picky and it looks crap.. As mine is pearl white with balck leather interior i may do pearl white on pearl black, got to be better htan walnut ;-) Can i ask tho how did ytou get the cigarette lighter out? And this clingfilm technique, put it over the whole piece then lift up?

666damned
23-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I've lost patientce with the carbon fibre film, i'm too picky and it looks crap.. As mine is pearl white with balck leather interior i may do pearl white on pearl black, got to be better htan walnut ;-) Can i ask tho how did ytou get the cigarette lighter out? And this clingfilm technique, put it over the whole piece then lift up?

off the top of my head i cant remember how the cigarette lighter comes out,but i'm sure it's easy once you have full centre piece out......i'm not sure on your colour combo tho corin .......maybe too much of a contrast between the colours...personally i think the aluminium/silver over the pearl white would look spot on............once you have got your pearl basecoat down and allowed to go 'off',put some of you second choice colour paint in a saucer or paint pallet and paint on with a small artist paint brush at random in small sections nice and 'blobby' and thick.......grab a piece of clingfilm 2 or 3 times bigger than area you have just put your paint on and lay it over it..........then simply twist stretch pull .....creating long lines swirls etc...then simply lift off the clingiflm..if not happy with how it looks you can always go back on with clingfilm....if your happy with it,then just needs a couple of good coats of clear laquer.......hope this helps.be nice to see how you get on...if i get chance over the xmas holiday i 'll try and paint something small with the pearl white/aluminium combo to show you....or just have a go m8y.....