PDA

View Full Version : Glue for wood trim?

I-S
19-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Some of the wood trim in my car has come off or is coming loose. I want to remove the whole lot and re-apply it with some new glue. What glue is suitable? From where?

Big Ian
19-09-2004, 11:17 PM
you could try roughin up the face's that have to be glued together with sand paper and just use super glue?
or
you could use windscreen bond,black and messy to use but once it set's it'll never move again :D

Nick Mann
20-09-2004, 04:37 PM
2 part epoxy resin.

As long as there is something to key into it never fails!

Kieran
20-09-2004, 07:43 PM
you could use windscreen bond,black and messy to use but once it set's it'll never move again :D

The chap who sold me the VR-4 style spoiler gave me a tube of this and a tiny can of glass/paint primer, but no instructions!

Would this be strong enough to bond the spoiler to my boot without any drilling or bolting, and any idea where I start?! :$ :rolleyes5

Brind
20-09-2004, 07:59 PM
You could try Superglue and the activator spray, the two together enable you to stick virtually anything together FOR EVER! you only get one chance LITERALLY! superglue is tough alone as you know but combined with the spray it makes it lethal. You may just want to do the area that is coming away rather than the whole thing.

Big Ian
20-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Kieran,
i used window bond on the roof spoiler and on the bonnet vent's of my cavy and it was on the car for 2yr till i sold the car...some wee scum-bag thought he'd hav it and broke it trying to lift it of! and the bloke i sold it to had a tough job trying to get the remain's of the spoiler of as it was well stuck down.A hair dryer help's or a heat gun! for removing the bond :)
also gives me a chance to show off some earlier work :-D (below)

I-S
22-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Stuck it down with Loctite General purpose.