PDA

View Full Version : Classified Advertising Software to replace For Sale forum ?

Spirit
25-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Guys,

Just placed an advert for something on the Alfa owners forum and they use software from here: http://www.photopost.com/class/

I think it is bloody excellent. When I first started the advert I had to enter some basic details like my full name, address and phone number that is only visible to the admins on there (for security). Then you proceed to place the advert and you can pick various types of ads, such as "Buy It Now", "Auction" etc, basically much the same way as eBay ! You can also set the number of days for the ad to run, payment methods, rate the seller etc.

Just thought we could replace the whole For Sale forum with a something like this ? If you want to see what the Alfa one is like then take a look here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/classifieds/

They have it all set up in different categories etc. Seems very professional.

In fact, it could replace the whole For Sale forum and the Shop at the same time maybe ?

Spirit
26-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Well thanks for the feedback on the idea !

Nutter_John
26-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Not a probelm anytime Pete :)

It's been posted in the commie area for discussion but as yet no one has fed back ( plus Mr E is away until mid Dec)

Pastor of Muppets
26-11-2010, 08:18 PM
seems like a very sensible way of doing things to me! i imagine it would make atiks life easier too

horndog
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I think it looks good, would be a nice addition if its not too hard to integrate?

John TheAntique
05-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I think this would be a very useful addition to the site.

Mark 4
05-12-2010, 09:37 PM
It is a very good idea and i am sure that Pete would not have suggested it if integration was a problem.

Beastlee
05-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Pete, given my recent thread I fully support the idea of something like this.

Spirit
06-12-2010, 12:10 AM
It is a very good idea and i am sure that Pete would not have suggested it if integration was a problem.

Well I had read this on their site before I posted this thread:

"If you already have a forum (vBulletin, UBB Threads, phpBB, DCForum, or InvisionBoard), you'll appreciate that PhotoPost Classifieds was designed to seamlessly integrate into your site without the need for your users to register twice and maintain two logins."

But I guess we need the IT guru's to confirm the customisation side of things.