PDA

View Full Version : Apexi AVC-R settings help...

Legnum Boy
20-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Me again.... :$

Need some help with the settings on the apexi avc-r, as I'm constantly getting overboost, and can't seem to reduce it. :(

I have it set at 0.9 Bar, yet it will keep surging over to silly amounts (1.2+) and hitting fuel cut, when fully opening the throttle.

When accelerating from low revs, without kickdown, it will rise steady to 0.9 and hold nicely, yet when using kickdown, it will massively overshoot, everytime. I have adjusted the duty start, with no effect... :sad3:

Can anyone with an apexi offer any advice???

zentac
20-09-2004, 11:32 PM
I think youve miss understood how the AVCR works. Basically (im pissed so sorry about the typing errors) its your base boost level + what ever youve got it set to. so base boost is 0.52bar if you have it set to 0.48 and a duty cycle of 100% then you will get 1 bar boost (not a recomended settiing). I have mine set to 0.7 bar and 56% (I think) which gives me about 0.9 bar. I will post up my settings tomorrow when Ive checked them on the way to work (if I remember). Always aim for a duty cycle of 40-60% Im sure someone may correct me if Im wrong but that seems to be working for me.

Typing when your pissed is like predictive text, it never quite says what you wanted it to.

Legnum Boy
21-09-2004, 08:37 AM
I understand what you have said, seems logical except, my unit is working correctly most of the time with the settings I have put in.
It only exceeds the 0.9 bar on kickdown, be it only briefly, but even that is too much, too often.

I will attempt to set it up using your method, to see the differences I get.

Cheers