PDA

View Full Version : Hi need help, my Legnum wont come out out of limp

mark wil
28-11-2010, 12:17 AM
were are the imput speed sensor and output sensor and and solaniod located on vr4 legmun

Erskine_atom
28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
I think folks will need a few more details on the sensors/solenoids before you are gonna get directions. TCL/AYC warning lights and flashing N light by any chance? Engine management light too? Have you read the error codes?

mark wil
28-11-2010, 12:42 AM
no light on when i tune key thay all go off ive had autoelectrician look at it and he could not get into the ecu fault codes would the rev counter cause it to go into limpmode the only lights that stay on are the ayc and the traction control

Erskine_atom
28-11-2010, 01:45 AM
My best advice to you would be to fork out the £20 to get full membership (it's saved me ££££s, literally!) then access the section on reading the error codes properly. Its a pretty simple process and then you know where to start looking. Most garage computers struggle with the vr4 but some come up with some of it.

Good luck!

Nick Mann
28-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Your rev counter isn't working too?

Check out the library area, there is a method of getting the codes and a list of them - it will only cost you a paperclip and 15 minutes of time.

The input and output shaft speed sensors are on the top of the box - you'll need to remove the airbox to see them.

Ghost_2008
28-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Have you checked the fluid level and colour in the auto box? It should be bright red and on the mark, if it's brown even if it is on the mark it means the fluid is no good........ Thats the best place to start but the membership will provide you with details of more serious problems....