PDA

View Full Version : Red AYC light of doom

Kryton
29-11-2010, 01:47 PM
The time has come for the red AYC light to make an appearance on my dash. I took my car out for the 1st in 6 weeks on Saturday & all was well. On Sunday I covered a decent amount of miles again with no problems. I never use my car for work but due to the snow thought I would today. Half way to work my ayc light came on. Every time I switch the car on, its stays off for approx 10 seconds & then returns. I have booked the car in at Mitsi for Friday for them to look at & from what I can see from searching, it should be ok to keep using (just means the ayc won't work). For my peace of mind can someone just confirm this please? Also, I have been advised it may just have picked up a bit of grit & now stuck in the sensor & I should try power hosing it. Could someone tell me where I need to hose as I have no idea where these sensors live?

Thanks peeps

Chris

elnevio
29-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Yes, it will be fine to drive.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pump is a little weak. Which can be resolved for a good couple of years by fitting an adjustable pressure switch, which MPBVr4 on here can sort out for you at a very reasonable rate. I would be guessing that the extra cold weather has meant that the fluid is colder and it perhaps reads slightly less pressure as a result - thus tripping the red AYC light.

Kryton
29-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Excellent thanks for the info. Also just had a thought, I swapped my steering wheel on Friday which might cause issues but then I would have thought the light would have come on before. I will wait to see what Misti comes back with on Friday then.

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Kryton
29-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Just power hosed my abs sensors & its sorted it. Yay :) Still don't quite know how as surely if this was the problem it would have brought on the abs light aswell. Oh well Im happy for now (until Mitsi tell me it is the pump on Friday lol)

Erni902
25-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Chris ive just encountered the same problem this morning. Whereabouts are the sensors located that I need to hose?

I thought id bring an old thread back to life instead of starting a fresh one. Ive searched on here for the locations but can seem to find any.

Your help is much appreciated mate

Rikki

foxdie
25-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Chris, I've got a red AYC light on, probably just the switch, mind if I borrow your MUT-II tomorrow to double check? :)

orionn2o
25-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Chris, I've got a red AYC light on, probably just the switch, mind if I borrow your MUT-II tomorrow to double check? :)

Use a paperclip you lazy git ;)

foxdie
25-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Use a paperclip you lazy git ;)

You know how difficult that is with a broken leg? /pan :)

Atik
25-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Same old excuse :p

Kryton
25-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I just power hosed where the wheel meets the hub (from underneath car) & it sorted it. I have just experienced yet another issue with my car but am determined to make it so yes thats fine. MUT will be there :)

Erni902
25-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Awesome cheers Chris I shall give this ago

Kryton
25-03-2011, 11:33 PM
That's ok. Ad said above, most of the time it's caused by weak pump or pressure switch but may as well try this first