01-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi,

Thought I would share this link with you all considering our wintery conditions

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/2010/01/winter-driving-advice-and-tips.html

Regards,
Dan

MPBVr4
01-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Out of interest, Dan, how do insurance companies view the fitting of winter tyres?

Roberto
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Also, if there is a severe weather warning and a direction only to drive if absolutely necessary, you do drive and crash, is there any issues with a policy paying out?

Adrian Flux Insurance
02-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Also, if there is a severe weather warning and a direction only to drive if absolutely necessary, you do drive and crash, is there any issues with a policy paying out?

There would not be a problem if you were driving within the scope of the policy and in accordance of the law.

Dan.

Adrian Flux Insurance
02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Out of interest, Dan, how do insurance companies view the fitting of winter tyres?

Can you please confirm the details of the winter tyres ?

Dan.

gareth001
02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Can you please confirm the details of the winter tyres ?

Dan.

Typically M+S rated which are of the same size as the standard tyres.

Adrian Flux Insurance
06-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Typically M+S rated which are of the same size as the standard tyres.

Hi

I have checked this with a manager , and this would be fine.

Dan.

Beastlee
06-12-2010, 06:10 PM
What about if the winter tyres were of a lower speed rating? ie. H instead of V rated

Given you can't exceed the 70mph (120kmph) limit legally anyway I'd like to think the insurance would remain valid given that you couldn't break the 130mph (210kmph) limit of the H rated tyres and be wihtin the road laws. In Germany the policy is that as long as you haven't exceeded the speed rating of the currently fitted tyres you are fine, obviously this is more relevant on the de-restricted autobahn parts.

Adrian Flux Insurance
07-12-2010, 10:12 AM
What about if the winter tyres were of a lower speed rating? ie. H instead of V rated

Given you can't exceed the 70mph (120kmph) limit legally anyway I'd like to think the insurance would remain valid given that you couldn't break the 130mph (210kmph) limit of the H rated tyres and be wihtin the road laws. In Germany the policy is that as long as you haven't exceeded the speed rating of the currently fitted tyres you are fine, obviously this is more relevant on the de-restricted autobahn parts.

Hi

If they are road legal and ok to be on the vehicle you have, that would be fine.

Dan.