PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone !

LOMY
25-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Hello everyone.

I can't believe that i've found a UK VR4 site and after reading some of the postings, an excellent one at that ! I have a 98 Legnum VR4 type-S estate in trigger mauve INSERT INTO post VALUES (recaros, carbon fibre etc) which i bought 10 months ago. This car truly is a 'practical supercar' as i saw it called in autotrader. At the moment its as standard but still looks absolutely fantastic. Its lines are sublime. By the way, did anyone else read the great compliment payed to our ride by non other than Jeremy Clarkson INSERT INTO post VALUES (BBC, TOP GEAR) in the driving suppliment of the Sunday Times INSERT INTO post VALUES (Feb23, 03, in article on new Mitsubishi Airtrek turbo-R)? To quote: "Do you remember the Gallant VR4? It was astonishing, a blend of handsome styling with explosive turbocharged power and computerised 4 wheel-grip". Gave me a buzz to read it.

Am i sad to be so in love with my car ?

BraindG
25-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Join the club :) i love my car..

youve not only found a UK site, but youve also stumbled across the only 8g vr4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (specific) website in the world.. INSERT INTO post VALUES (in english.. )

I hope you enjoy the site, and perhaps pop your head in at JAE?

you should get some pictures up of your car..

welcome to the site.. enjoy your time here :D

LOMY
25-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Its good to know i'm not alone. I have never yet seen another VR4 on my travels. Although i think i have seen a few standard V6 Gallants, i've never spotted that elusive red logo on any of them. By the way, what is JAE ?

BraindG
25-06-2003, 08:48 PM
J.A.E. (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224)

i never used to see VR4's.. I had my first one about 2 years ago.. didnt see one.. now i seen them from time to time.. so they are becoming more popular!

oh, and im always here :)

hurrah! :D

Pescha
25-06-2003, 08:56 PM
:) Welcome to our big family from all the way from New Zealand!:)

I too have a Legnum which is trigger mauve, just owned for about 9 weeks now!

I just don't love my car, I ADORE it.

So much so hubby wanted to take my car down the road for like 5 mins if that and I gave him the 3 degree... Why? Why can't you take your van?! Apparently I became the 'she devil':devil2: over it... Go figure! I think I'm a little obsessive!

Anyway next day he forgave me!

Cheers,
Pescha!

P.S Welcome again :thumb:

LOMY
25-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Hurrah indeed, Brain, if i may call you that. The JAE is a distinct possibility: discussions are ongoing on the home front.

Hello Pescha, nice to meet you. I can tell by your postings that you are a bit keen on your car, and a dab hand behind the wheel by all accounts too! I also seem to attract a never ending stream of combatants at every journey, most of which of course, i own !:-)

BraindG
25-06-2003, 09:43 PM
yup.. specially those m3 guys :D i like to piss them off :)

well hope to see you at JAE.. think we still have some space.. its over two days and some guys arnt coming for both.. so perhaps on one of the days you could get your car up on stand? see post i linked up this thread.. show interest.. we will sort it out..

oh.. and barry will do :) im not much of a brain.. just liek to think i am :Cry1:

haydar
25-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by LOMY
Hello everyone.

I can't believe that i've found a UK VR4 site and after reading some of the postings, an excellent one at that ! I have a 98 Legnum VR4 type-S estate in trigger mauve INSERT INTO post VALUES (recaros, carbon fibre etc) which i bought 10 months ago. This car truly is a 'practical supercar' as i saw it called in autotrader. At the moment its as standard but still looks absolutely fantastic. Its lines are sublime. By the way, did anyone else read the great compliment payed to our ride by non other than Jeremy Clarkson INSERT INTO post VALUES (BBC, TOP GEAR) in the driving suppliment of the Sunday Times INSERT INTO post VALUES (Feb23, 03, in article on new Mitsubishi Airtrek turbo-R)? To quote: "Do you remember the Gallant VR4? It was astonishing, a blend of handsome styling with explosive turbocharged power and computerised 4 wheel-grip". Gave me a buzz to read it.

Am i sad to be so in love with my car ?

I'm seriously surprised at the number of owners who seriously love their VR4s! I'm a little sorry that the secret is out since when I bought my VR4 over 4 years ago, they really were a complete unknown! I'd love tailing SCOOBY drivers just to see that look of disbelief on their face when I'd be right on their tail no matter what they did, and then I would blast past them on a straight!!!

Also, the limited interest the car attracts from the police or thieves it just the icing on the cake!

Lastly the car is undenighably very attractive, especially in Legnum INSERT INTO post VALUES (estate) form in Trigger Mauve :cool1: INSERT INTO post VALUES (but i could be a little biased:D :D )

Brind
25-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Hello LOMY and welcome to the site!
I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us! :)

I love these cars too :cool: it's the feeling you're driving a car that no one appears to have seen before and the buzz you get when you see the heads of people in other cars turn 360 degrees just to catch a short glimpse.

Sometimes the attraction has opposite effect when you have to park it up somewhere, you constantly have that bugging fear in the background someone is going to open their door onto it some little twat will scratch the sides or something.

LOMY
25-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Yes, the lack of attention from the law has surprised me bearing in mind the car's appearance INSERT INTO post VALUES (i.e tinted glass, spoilers, fins, mean looking front end etc). I never seem to get a second look apart from adoring gazes as they drive by.

Barry, i notice your car has some serious mods. All HKS stuff. Is this the best kit for the VR4 ? What sort of power does yours make now? How does it handle? Have you considered lowering the car? Has anybody?

LOMY
25-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks Brind!

Spirit
25-06-2003, 10:37 PM
Hi Lomy

Welcome to the Club mate. Sorry I am a little late, been at a football awards night. Had to take the VR4 as lent my company car to a colleague and was a bit dubious as the area is not the best - but thank god no-one touched her.

As you will see my car has a few mods too - again mainly HKS stuff as yes IMHO it is the best kit for the VR4. I have mine lowered aswell INSERT INTO post VALUES (pics here......http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169) - the car sticks like glue and looks real sexy slightly lowered, but have to take care over bumps etc not to hit the front :Cry1:

Enjoy the site mate!

Pete

LOMY
25-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Nice car Pete, inside and out. Wheels look a treat !
Ive got some engine based questions that i'd like to ask the forum INSERT INTO post VALUES (especially about the outrageous price of lash adjusters for the valve gear) but i've got to go for now. I'll start another thread later.

Thanks to all for the welcome !

-LegnumVR4-
26-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Ahh another Legnum INSERT INTO post VALUES (wagon VR-4) owner has joined the club:)

Barry you are going to have to replace one of your Galant photos in the login page to a wagon VR-4 seeing we have a alot here now:D

Oh yeah, clean your engine bay, that photo of yours is covered in crap!:nono:

Nick VR4
26-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi Lomy and welcome

Yeap very rare cars indeed
I drive up to Lancs near Blackpool quite a bit and have seen 2 so far in two years
One was a saloon T reg INSERT INTO post VALUES ( i think )silver and one was Purple estate P reg both on the M6

BraindG
26-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by -LegnumVR4-
Barry you are going to have to replace one of your Galant photos in the login page to a wagon VR-4 seeing we have a alot here now:D

Oh yeah, clean your engine bay, that photo of yours is covered in crap!:nono:

heh, never even gave that a second thought, was only up as a temp measure.. to test layouts.. oops :rolleyes:
Permission to use one of yours?

Pete, you have a nice clean engine bay, got a picture of it i could use? INSERT INTO post VALUES (id use one of yours Rhys, but, its not standard anymore :p

Thanks for the heads up.. totally forgot about the pictures.. cheers

Nick VR4
26-06-2003, 01:09 PM
You can use this one if you like on my engine bay :D

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?s=&time=&postid=787

BraindG
26-06-2003, 01:32 PM
got any at a better angle, and perhaps no direct sun light?

thinking about it, i should only post standard cars on front pages...

pjjohnson
26-06-2003, 01:33 PM
I've had quite a bit of the HKS gear for my Legnum over the years, mainly because it was the only stuff that was readily available. Mixed feelings really.

HKS Super Flow air filter looks good, sounds good, but I've heard that the ARC air box is offers better performance.

HKS Super Drager exhaust - I thought when I bought it it was all stainless steel, but only the back box part is. The sound at high revs was great I found it a bit boomy at mid revs so reduced the size if the tip which cured it. The pipe from the cat to the back box is mild steel and mine corroded and needed to be replaced which meant a whole new system. I've now got a custom SS system from the down pipes which is better value.

HKS EVC IV boost controller is great fun and gives excellent increase in performance when running higher boost. APEXi gear seems well rated as well.

HKS lowering springs - make the car look great, but really need different dampers to work well on anything but flat roads. The car was so low it was constantly grounding, now I've put the original springs back on.

HKS sequential dump valve, sounds nice, looks nice but you can't see it.

HKS turbo timer, does what it says it will - keeps the engine running for a time after the ignition is turned off.

HKS fuel cut overide - originally gave more problems that it solved.

Nick VR4
26-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Any better thats all i have right now
Havent installed dig cam software on new PC yet:nono:

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ea45e69c/bc/VR4+UK/Engine.jpg?bckOv..ArPhN8xfi

haydar
26-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by pjjohnson

HKS fuel cut overide - originally gave more problems that it solved.

What problems did you get with the Fuel cut override?

-LegnumVR4-
26-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by BraindG
heh, never even gave that a second thought, was only up as a temp measure.. to test layouts.. oops :rolleyes:
Permission to use one of yours?

Pete, you have a nice clean engine bay, got a picture of it i could use? INSERT INTO post VALUES (id use one of yours Rhys, but, its not standard anymore :p

Thanks for the heads up.. totally forgot about the pictures.. cheers

Eh... whats the point in show a legnums engine bay to showing a Galants engine bay:Ponder: :D

They are the same from any angle boys:p

I would just have a photo of the Legnums exterior and the galants.

BraindG
26-06-2003, 08:17 PM
but petes is so nice and clean :D bar yours of course.. :rolleyes:

-LegnumVR4-
26-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Well u can use mine but it's not stock looking. Mine u it gives people an idea what u can do.

BraindG
26-06-2003, 08:22 PM
exactly, i should only be putting standard pictures up :angel2:

Brind
26-06-2003, 08:33 PM
You could have a picture of mine in a week or so, I think my mate took about 10 pictures of just the engine bay from every angle the other day when I took the car to work for a photo shoot, the place where I'm working at the mo is a huge farm and it is fantastic looking!!! my mate is a professional photographer and I asked him to take a couple of pictures.. it turns out he took well over 60!! just so you can pick out good ones of course.;)
He is making up a simple site for me too so I can display the car.
He's done alot of work for New Scientist, Womans Own etc! his name is Andy White.

I slightly digressed then, mine isn't standard either but it's only the filter that's different.
Soon to be a heat shroud of some sort happening soon, hopefully before J.A.E.

-LegnumVR4-
27-06-2003, 07:00 AM
Why don't u guys have a meet to take photos of the cars?

You could have the preface and face lift galant and legnum all in one professional shoot? Take the photos in a factory maybe? I liked Antony Baker's photos that were taken in some kind of factory location. You could also get some ladies to lie on ya bonnets too, works for some mags:)

pjjohnson
27-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Haydar - fuel cut overide - its a long story, I'll tell you when I see you next week.

Spirit
27-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Standard Engine:

BraindG
27-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Perfect! cheers Pete..

Spirit
27-06-2003, 09:07 PM
With Super Power Flow:

Spirit
27-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Another angle: