PDA

View Full Version : mmcs

matbek
26-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Wanting to no if any nz legnum drivers with the mmcs touch screen has been able to pick up tv.
I get a faint signal but cant read jap and have no idea how to tune it.
Do you need an after market aerial instead of the standard window one.
Has anyone found a langage conversion yet?.
Any info would be great. :)

KiwiTT
27-09-2004, 04:34 AM
Do a search on handbooks. A number of options come available

v8killa
08-12-2004, 09:38 AM
I get scrambled scrolling pictures and sound

I thought the window aerials were for the radio... I saw a Legnum with the little rabbit ear fold out ones on the rear just in front of the spoiler.
Looked at mine when I got home, there were 2 wires cut off, poking out above the brake lights on either side - pulled them out and up, into 2 little plastic channels behind the rear door shocks... now looking for some of those little aerials. Then it (tv tuner) needs to be converted somehow from ntsc to pal to recieve a signal.

Lurch
08-12-2004, 05:11 PM
The rabbit ear ones are gps.... The ones in the window are for the TV. The TV is ntsc and will only display as black and white.

The reception is crap, rolling screen etc. To be honest it's really a lost cause to try and get it to work.

Although you can use the the TV with a modded xbox or PS2 that supports NTSC or even a DVD/VCR with NTSC support by plugging it straight into the tuner box in the back which is hidden under the floor panel on the right in the boot (well in the Legnum anyway).

_simon_
09-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Could try a PAL/NTSC converter chip

Lurch
09-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Tried the chip idea but that was an expensive option involving alot of changes :( Cheaper to rip it out and replace it with a new setup. :(