PDA

View Full Version : My Car Has Been Vandalised

landy
26-06-2003, 09:10 AM
i'm in despair

i got up this morning to find someone has poured paint thinners all over my car.

i can't believe what would possess someone to do this.

"quiet rural town in wales" - that's a laugh :mad: :grr: :Scream1: :grrr: :io: :io:

BraindG
26-06-2003, 09:55 AM
OMFG!... the little bastards.. is it really bad? whats going to happen? full respray? i feel for you.. thats an awfull thing to happen! .. i would be crying, thats for sure...

Barry

Pescha
26-06-2003, 10:00 AM
:nono: :eek: The little F**ken Sh!ts! :eek: :nono:

What are you going to do? will the insurance company pay for it :Ponder:

:Cry1: Oh hun I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for you :Cry1:

Please keep us informed!

Cheers,
Pescha!

Roadrunner
26-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Really sorry to hear that, landy :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( . Mindless morons. Mind, if you live in a quiet rural town, someone will know, or hear, who did it - just put the word about. Local pubs are, in my experience, founts of knowledge for everything that goes on in small towns so maybe worth speaking to some landlords ....?

Don't suppose the local plod is interested .... :rolleyes:

I blame the parents.

Brian

haydar
26-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by landy
i'm in despair

i got up this morning to find someone has poured paint thinners all over my car.

i can't believe what would possess someone to do this.

"quiet rural town in wales" - that's a laugh :mad: :grr: :Scream1: :grrr: :io: :io:

What a real pain!!!! It reminds me of when I can back from a visit to the local super-market and found a scrape all along the rear panel. Pissed me right off!!!!

Nick VR4
26-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Really sorry to hear that
It makes me so mad :grr: when some one and believe me it may not just be kids

Causes damage to other peoples property

As Brian has said go into the local pubs and find out if anyone else has had the same treatment and keep an eye out for people walking around your area that dont belong there
Also think about if you have pissed anyone off lately

Brind
26-06-2003, 08:09 PM
What can one say mate, at least without saying every swear word known to man.
I hope you're insurance will pay out for the damages? is it really bad? hopefully not. You may be able to just have parts sprayed without going the whole hog unless insurance pays out in which case take full advantage.

Could it be anyone you know did it? anyone out of the norm hanging around?

Jealous c*nts!
This country is getting worse.:rolleyes:
I can feel an urge to buggeroff to Spain and live, the way this country is going.

Hope it works out very well for you mate, I'd want to kill someone.

landy
26-06-2003, 10:48 PM
thanks for the support everyone, it means alot :)

i feel a whole lot better now that i did this morning.

i had an idea who did it actually INSERT INTO post VALUES (there's a story to this, i'll tell you in a minute).
the police where down within about 15 mins, i told them who i thought it might be, another policeman arrived 10 mins after that and searched the blokes house INSERT INTO post VALUES (who lives about 50 yards from me).

here's the story:
the early hours of monday i heard a loud smash, so me and the missus rushed to the window. there was this bloke who lives by us who'd hit a garage wall in his car. he staggered out of his car and down the path INSERT INTO post VALUES (when i say stagger i mean he was absolutely out of his head on drugs, or alchohol or both).

this was the third time in about 2 months that he had been an idiot behind the wheel and sh*t faced INSERT INTO post VALUES (the last time doing handbrake turns next to cars parked on the estate - and by mine!!); i also have 4 kids and their safety to think about INSERT INTO post VALUES (yes, 4. - there's not much on telly! :D ;)

anyway, my missus and i rang the police and told them what we saw...

3 days later he decides to empty a can of paint stripper all over my car, probably to "teach us a lesson"

only a few hours after the police searched his house and arrested him he confessed to doing it !!

also my insurance company will cough up and get my car repaired, it needs a complete bare metal respray, also various trims need replacing including the rear spoiler. i've now got a courtesy car INSERT INTO post VALUES (a ford fiesta !! :eek: )

the bloke will probably be sent down now. this would be for his own good. if i knew which house he lived in this morning INSERT INTO post VALUES (my wife knew, but wouldn't tell me) i don't think he would have walked to the police car:io: :io:

anyway i have some very distressing pics to follow:

landy
26-06-2003, 10:50 PM
these were taken after the bubbling paint had been cleaned off

landy
26-06-2003, 10:52 PM
the window trim is also wrecked

landy
26-06-2003, 10:57 PM
it's supprising how much damage is done. the liquid seeps everywhere, then melts plastic and paint

landy
26-06-2003, 10:59 PM
even the sunroof seals are damaged !!

Brind
26-06-2003, 11:03 PM
At least you know who did it, nothing worse than knowing someone will get away with it.
It's good that your insurance is going to deal with it.
Maybe your insurance company can employ that guy to strip the paint off for you, seems like he's done a pretty good job so far.

I think the worse thing to come out of all of this, is being given a Fiesta! :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

BraindG
26-06-2003, 11:03 PM
omg.. im going to cry...:Cry1:

sadest thing ive seen in a long time..
but you made right choice regarding that waster.. dont want people like that around your family.. specially if hes capable of doing what he did to your car!..

bastard.. we should stone him or something.. :)

Pescha
27-06-2003, 06:21 AM
OMG! :nono:

I too was almost in tears, but thank god INSERT INTO post VALUES (and i'm not religious) that he was caught...

Another good thing is if you had anything wrong with your paint job before it will be allllll fixed now! :)

cheers,
Pescha!

Spirit
27-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Landy

Just read this - my apologies as I have been off line for a couple of days. So sorry to hear about the news and those pics are damn distressing.

I am glad you have caught him and that your insurance will be paying up.

Keep your chin up mate

Pete

LOMY
27-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Landy,

Glad to hear you got is all sorted insurance-wise INSERT INTO post VALUES (though sorry it happened in the first place!). Are you going to stick with Silver or go for.......Trigger Mauve !! like mine Yeeah!

landy
27-06-2003, 10:53 PM
i feel much better about the incident now INSERT INTO post VALUES (as long as i don't think about it too much!!).

pleased about having a full bare metal respray though, that will get rid of the slightly peppered front from chippings. :D

i thought about a different colour, even rang the garage but i'm not sure the insurance company will let me have a different colour, but i might work on that :D . i really do like the silver though, but i thought about mabey a two-tone silver or pearl effect.

any else have any ideas about colours INSERT INTO post VALUES (posts containing the union jack etc will be dismissed, heh, heh :D :) :D

haydar
28-06-2003, 12:25 AM
Definitely Trigger Mauve. It was the colour the car was made for....:D :D :devil3: :devil3:

Petrolhead
28-06-2003, 02:10 AM
Man, that's like some sick horror movie!

All I can offer is a couple of new Rally-Fart stickers for your windows. Maybe do you internals this time ;)

PM me your home addy and I'll get them posted out.

Dave.

banjo
28-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Sub-human trash is the word that springs to mind. I would hope it's more than a slapped wrist, but you never know in this country now. Just makes you feel like applying your own kind of justice.

I've lived in Spain and America and neither of those countries tolerate this kind of behaviour. :gun1:

And yes I will be retiring to Spain.

Spirit
28-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Lots of people I know are retiring to Spain - my parents in law have a place already, my boss has just bought a place etc ! I would be there now if I could LOL

Pete

banjo
28-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Yes, so do we, in Valencia. I have an advantage, my wife's Spanish and my kids INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry they're adults) and myself hablamos EspaƱol.

Petrolhead
29-06-2003, 12:17 AM
What's going on!

My folks have bought a place in Spain too :eek:

Brind
29-06-2003, 12:26 AM
What does this place have to offer now? it's not like we can be proud of this country anymore, I have to say I'm proud to be British if that isn't too much of a contradiction, it's just the people here and those who run it that have ruined it.
I could go on for hours moaning about this country but I just remembered Landys car. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

banjo
29-06-2003, 04:27 PM
And so could I, and everyone I know also, we all are proud to be British, or English, we live in a country where the flag in some parts of London is not allowed to be displayed! Tell that to a Spaniard or an American or a Frenchman. No matter what age group you are, what job you do, we seem to have common thoughts and beliefs, that this country is run by scumbag politicians who are no better than the robber barons of the middle ages. Now don't start me off!!.....

Nick VR4
30-06-2003, 03:03 PM
foooking hell I only imagined a splash of brake fluid not shed loads all over the car
Well I hope they send the bastard down and make him drink brake fluid in his porridge :gun1:

PUDD
30-06-2003, 05:37 PM
:mad2:im sooooooo sorry to hear u had that happen,im glad u got a result thou,
i had that happen to my mk3 Cortina and i cryed :Cry1: ,but i dont know what i would do if it happened to my Legnum m8.
i really hope things work out for u and your baby ;)

AntonyBaker
01-07-2003, 02:27 PM
what can we say apart from those pics just made us feel sick....you definately did the right thing in reporting the guy in both cases, lets hope he does get put away, he certainly needs help.

On the bright side, just think, no more minor paint imperfections and mini-annoying stonechips once you get the re-spray done.

Dont forget to post new pics as soon as you have had the job done.

Antony & Lisa